Problem with kanger protank II and provari - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Problem with kanger protank II and provari

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

it seems like the center post is down too far on my provari. in order to get a good vape I have to unscrew the tank a good amount to allow enough air flow. i'm still getting popping when doing this after cleaning out the tank

In the Sheepiezone Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I have had that error message after 'flooding'. I changed everything and it just kept reading the same error msg. I took the tank off and cleaned the contacts really well--put the tank back on and it worked fine. I have had that happen twice--once got the E4 msg and both times I just cleaned it very well and it worked.

ECF Veteran

Are you talking about the center pin being cleaned well? (I assume)

There is some slight corrosion. Not sure what I should use. I thought about getting a steel wool scrub pad to assist in this

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I would use the 99% ISO alcohol and qtips that Provape recommends and clean and reclean and then use a fresh quip to dab any excess off the contact and within the well area! just my opinion!
    EddardinWinter likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Sexy pic I know the colors don't match at all
    Kn0ttYFive and EddardinWinter like this.

Pride Male Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KurrptSenate View Post

There is some slight corrosion. Not sure what I should use. I thought about getting a steel wool scrub pad to assist in this
    See my blog (the red 3 under my Avatar links to them all) on ProVari maintenance.

99% Isopropyl alcohol with a Q-tip, and a pencil eraser if there is stubborn resistance.
    AngiBe and Zbeast08 like this.

There are no men like me. There’s only me.
    ---Jaime Lannister

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

In my experience the problem with the pro-tank is that people don't always get the coils screwed in completely. In fact I had managed to jam mine up very badly because I didn't realize it screwed in and couldn't figure out why it wasn't seating properly. So to start make sure you get the coil fully screwed in and seated in the base. if you are still getting errors after that pull the coil out and gently pry the center pin in the coil out so it will stick out further and make good contact with the center pin on your device. Just be careful not to pull it out too far.

ECF Veteran

I tried the eraser trick but have to get a hold of some 99% alcohol now. I haven't had any major issues since but I still get a pool on the brass connection under the 510 that I have to wipe clean. Not sure what causes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by skex View Post
    In my experience the problem with the pro-tank is that people don't always get the coils screwed in completely. In fact I had managed to jam mine up very badly because I didn't realize it screwed in and couldn't figure out why it wasn't seating properly. So to start make sure you get the coil fully screwed in and seated in the base. if you are still getting errors after that pull the coil out and gently pry the center pin in the coil out so it will stick out further and make good contact with the center pin on your device. Just be careful not to pull it out too far.

Well, THIS is an option to make Protanks actually work but the price is sort of high-ish. I've got two and switch them around.

I also found that the Loki beauty ring helps cut some of the airiness...something about its design is perfect for that purpose. Found that one out by accident.

In the Sheepiezone Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Yes I was talking about the center pin and the area around it. I used a paper towel and a Q-tip with some 99% ISO alcohol--cleared up the problem. One thing I have noticed is that it really needs to be dried each time I change tanks because there is usually a little moisture there. I don't clean it each time--just use a paper towel to dry it really well.

Quote Originally Posted by KurrptSenate View Post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast