Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Both Provaris cut out on me

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default Both Provaris cut out on me

I am having an issue that I am pretty sure is user error. Both of my Provaris, which are less than a month old, cut out on me periodically while vaping. Usually I am power vaping at the time and the tanks (Protank 2) are getting quite hot. All of a sudden they will cut out mid pull and then fire again. I do not get an error message, but rather the 2 dashes that you see between menu prompts will flash. Occasionally either the battery level or volt setting will flash....I suspect the volt setting as it's oftentimes 3.7. I rebuild my own heads and test them out before using and they always seem great, usually testing out at about 1.8. Is it possible these are shorts happening or does my tank just get too hot? I know it's not an issue with the device as both do it, so it has to be something I'm doing....any help would be appreciated....thx!!

2. Advertisement
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Well, the provari's do have safety features built in to protect the device from over-heating. Go to the provape site and read the on-line manual. You may find your answers there. I also think there is a 10 sec cutoff with the switch also.

Let us know how it goes.

roonies likes this.

Supporting Member

Is it possible that you are accidentally pulse firing while vaping? If my finger slips off the fire button mid vape and I press it again to keep going, I sometimes get up to a 5 count of button pushes, which puts me into menu mode.

Maybe you're putting just enough pressure on the button to be bouncing between fire/not fire.

Try pressing harder when you vape and see if it subsides.
    The Ocelot, MDV39, Talyon and 4 others like this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

That actually makes a lot of sense. Probably what I am doing. I'll watch more closely and thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Preloader View Post
    Is it possible that you are accidentally pulse firing while vaping? If my finger slips off the fire button mid vape and I press it again to keep going, I sometimes get up to a 5 count of button pushes, which puts me into menu mode.

Maybe you're putting just enough pressure on the button to be bouncing between fire/not fire.

reMember٭ Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Preloader View Post

I made that mistake more than a few times when I started using a ProVari. Blew a few coils in the process too.
    roonies likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

so far, so good....that seems to be the solution....and I have blown a few coils too so....YAY!! thanks for the input!

Quote Originally Posted by Seapup View Post
    I made that mistake more than a few times when I started using a ProVari. Blew a few coils in the process too.
    Preloader, baghandler and Seapup like this.

Supporting Member

Yeah, I think once, I accidentally brought up the Pu menu, then held the button down to continue my hit, unknowingly raising the volts to 5.8. The next hit I went for threw an overamp code, luckily protecting my coil.

I have since adjusted my technique and also raised awareness of button slips. If it happens, I just give a pause before the next go.
    roonies likes this.

Provarinati in fideliam ☆ Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I saw the title and said to myself "What?" No way two could break at the same time. I sure hope that pulse thing was the problem. I don't power vape so I've never had this happen.
    roonies likes this.

Mystagogue Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

You beat me to it Sir Sloth. Perhaps it should be noted in a Sacred Text that one must keep firm pressure on the center of the Blessed ProVari's button, since this issue has come up more than once.

It should also be noted to NEVER check the ohms on a dry carto, since the ProVari measures resistance "under load" (meaning it fires to get a reading) and a dry carto will be toast.
    ProVarinati Princess ~ Infanta del Phidiae-Reo ~ Baroness Boboni of Sigeleiland
    CASAA Member

No one needs a ProVari, but if you're thinking of getting one, join us ➤➤ Lunatic Fringe

Mystagogue Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Susan W. View Post
    I saw the title and said to myself "What?" No way two could break at the same time. I sure hope that pulse thing was the problem. I don't power vape so I've never had this happen.
    I learned about pressing the center of the button after the power just stopped in the middle of a vape.
    roonies and Susan W. like this.
    ProVarinati Princess ~ Infanta del Phidiae-Reo ~ Baroness Boboni of Sigeleiland
    CASAA Member

No one needs a ProVari, but if you're thinking of getting one, join us ➤➤ Lunatic Fringe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast