Refinishing a ProVari - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Refinishing a ProVari

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I bought the original chrome v1 and two minis after. But did you know these beauties are stainless steel? did you know they polish up star bright? I put a shine on all three of them. I messed up the chip in the V1 and had to buy a whole new chip ($65) when going from V1 to
    V2. you can powder coat any color in the rainbow, rubberize, heat treat, sand blast.... whatever, shiny new lookin' is always better. polish those scratches out and bling that bad boy. A provari is a lifetime of high quality kit.
    AngiBe likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by samwest View Post
    I bought the original chrome v1 and two minis after. But did you know these beauties are stainless steel? did you know they polish up star bright? I put a shine on all three of them. I messed up the chip in the V1 and had to buy a whole new chip ($65) when going from V1 to
    V2. you can powder coat any color in the rainbow, rubberize, heat treat, sand blast.... whatever, shiny new lookin' is always better. polish those scratches out and bling that bad boy. A provari is a lifetime of high quality kit.
    How careful does one need to be of the threads for the bottom cap when sandblasting etc ? I'm looking to refinish my black mini soon I think. I'm not sure I trust a shop to do the blasting and coating etc though.

I was thinking id maybe polish it myself but I'm curious about two things. How easy does the existing coating come off ? And how easy is it to get the coating out of the tear drops ?
    Vaping; a world where 1mm is a REALLY big deal.

ECF Veteran

Refinished mine last week. Thanks for tips chadsmo!

I used the long/thin screwdriverand hammer to pop the cap off. Then removed the window screws and window. Lastly 220, 320, 400, 600, and 1500 sandpaper.

Before

After

In the Sheepiezone Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by pennysmalls View Post
    I like shiny ProVari's. I just ordered a satin mini, due to arrive today, but really wanted another polished. And of course they are sold out. I keep looking at my polished wondering if there would be a way to add some brass accents. I would really dig the polished with brass.
    The one on the left has brass accents--Cingulum Compleo by Trevvapor.
    Harleybarbie and PLANofMAN like this.

Senior Member Verified Member naturecannon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coldpunk View Post
    Refinished mine last week. Thanks for tips chadsmo!

I used the long/thin screwdriverand hammer to pop the cap off. Then removed the window screws and window. Lastly 220, 320, 400, 600, and 1500 sandpaper.

After

Looks FANTASTIC..... and with the blue left in the grooves!! Great JOB.

I like the teardrops so I leaned towards the 2.5 mini when purchasing but after seeing yours, I may be tempted if I see a good deal in the classifieds on an older blue versions.

ECF Veteran

I do like the blue in the grooves too. It really was going to be a pain to brush in the grooves though, so I'm glad it looked good staying blue.

Resident TimeLord Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

The blue looks good! What I's really like to see is the "polished" stainless actually plated with a PVD titanium finish. Still would have the raw metallic look, maybe a bit "warmer" looking than the stock stainless, but it adds quite a bit of scratch/nick resistance to the finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER. It is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet. It is also my responsibility to alert each and every one of you to the potential consequences of various ordinary everyday activities you might be performing which could eventually lead to The Death Penalty (or affect your parents' credit rating)." -Frank Zappa

Senior Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

I love the look of that Provari, it matches perfectly with the R91.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345