Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Do I really want one?

Super Member Verified Member basylica's Avatar

Well I pulled the trigger on a ibtank (22 xl) and some m4 I'd been waffling on.
    I have some batteries and bigger charger sitting in my cart at fasttech and I am staring at provari cart and eyeballing my debit cart in a way that is making it uncomfortable. Lol.
    The Ocelot and kbf101998 like this.
    Vaping UberNerd-Girl (and occasional parental figure to 2 crazy boys)

Ultra Member ECF Veteran StarsAndBars's Avatar

Maybe you should look at it this way. What kind of vaper are you? Has this turned into a hobby? If so, I would imagine trying new devices is part of the fun. That being said, where do you go from a Provari? I've never tried one, but I think the following it has on this site should speak for it.

With the cost of the Provari, you could try out at least two other mods. If you buy the Provari, you're gonna want it to be your go to for a long time I imagine. If that's no problem I say get it. If you think you may get bored with using the same device for a long time, I'd say check out the MVP. Who knows, you may be all like, 'what's a Provari?'

Hope this helps.

Mystagogue Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by basylica View Post
    Well I pulled the trigger on a ibtank (22 xl) and some m4 I'd been waffling on.
    I have some batteries and bigger charger sitting in my cart at fasttech and I am staring at provari cart and eyeballing my debit cart in a way that is making it uncomfortable. Lol.
    ProVape isn't going anywhere there's no hurry. I am concerned about the batteries from FastTech though. When you invest in a quality device, the last thing you want to scrimp on are the batteries. ProVape recommends AM IMR. In any case, you want unprotected IMR (safe chemistry) batteries.

These are the batteries I use in my minis and my charger (which I think is sold on FastTech).

https://www.rtdvapor.com/online-stor...3-7v-55-detail
    https://www.rtdvapor.com/online-stor...rger-i2-detail
    ProVarinati Princess ~ Infanta del Phidiae-Reo ~ Baroness Boboni of Sigeleiland
    CASAA Member

No one needs a ProVari, but if you're thinking of getting one, join us ➤➤ Lunatic Fringe

Quote Originally Posted by The Ocelot View Post
    ProVape isn't going anywhere there's no hurry. I am concerned about the batteries from FastTech though. When you invest in a quality device, the last thing you want to scrimp on are the batteries. ProVape recommends AM IMR. In any case, you want unprotected IMR (safe chemistry) batteries.

These are the batteries I use in my minis and my charger (which I think is sold on FastTech).

https://www.rtdvapor.com/online-stor...3-7v-55-detail
    https://www.rtdvapor.com/online-stor...rger-i2-detail
    That's the charger I'm eyeballing. I have a cheap single bay I got with my first mod (zmax) which works but I'd prefer a bit better. I'm wondering if 2 bays or 4. I can't imagine needing to charge 4 at a time, but ideally I'd like to charge a weeks worth at a time. I put trust fire imrs in cart and currently have 3 18490 and 1 18650 efest which I imagine should be fine in provari.

The provari that got me reconsidering one might go away

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

That's the charger I'm eyeballing. I have a cheap single bay I got with my first mod (zmax) which works but I'd prefer a bit better. I'm wondering if 2 bays or 4. I can't imagine needing to charge 4 at a time, but ideally I'd like to charge a weeks worth at a time. I put trust fire imrs in cart and currently have 3 18490 and 1 18650 efest which I imagine should be fine in provari.

The provari that got me reconsidering one might go away
    I've been fine with a 2 bay. The only time I have more than 2 batteries to charge is when I've been lax about charging them as soon as they need it. I have at least 2 batteries per mod (that's how I keep track), so I never run out.

Just a hint, batteries and chargers with the word "Fire" in them can be a problem.
    Last edited by The Ocelot; 11-03-2013 at 03:19 AM.
    basylica and Susan W. like this.
    CASAA Member

No one needs a ProVari, but if you're thinking of getting one, join us ➤➤ Lunatic Fringe

I've been fine with a 2 bay. The only time I have more than 2 batteries to charge is when I've been lack about charging them as soon as they need it. I have at least 2 batteries per mod (that's how I keep track), so I never run out.

Just a hint, batteries and chargers with the word "Fire" in them can be a problem.
    I like to live dangerously .... Lol!!

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Wait until Bad comes around with his pictures of the TrustFIRE that went thermal in his locker.
    CASAA Member

Provarinati in fideliam ☆ Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Are you buying batteries from Fast Tech? There's been issues about packages not making it through China customs and are being sent back to Fast Tech. Then they have to send your package out ground so be prepared to wait 45 - 60 days.

z06 Beast Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

It only took one mishappen that I saw and read and was convinced not to go cheap on batteries and chargers!!

DreaD HeaD ProVarinati Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Wait until Bad comes around with his pictures of the TrustFIRE that went thermal in his locker.
    Once you see Bad's pics and read his post you might feel very differently about living dangerously- esp where vaping is concerned.
    EddardinWinter and The Ocelot like this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast