Do I really want one?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Do I really want one?

Super Member Verified Member basylica's Avatar

Default Do I really want one?

I just had my half year (my ticker is from day I started vaping but I had 3 packs left and smoked 2/3 a day til mid April) vape-adversary and I hadn't wanted a provari but now I'm considering it. I also need to buy some extra batteries and restock some things but I went gangbusters and bought a lot up front and given my newbie stuff to mom ( who has never quit in almost 50yrs and she's been vaping since June! Yay mom!) and a guy at work (on 2 weeks!) and really haven't bought much even juice because I have a backlog.
    i own 2 sigeleis and use my mini in 18490 mode 90% of the time. I also have a Nintendo DNA mod which gets less use due to battery life but I actually like it better.
    i have 2 pro tanks which are "ehhhh" and a gaggle of evods which are my fav right now. I haven't dabbled in carto tanks and was considering getting my first rebuild able soon. Genny style.
    ive been eyeballing a mpv2 since I like my boxy mod better than my round, plus the charge my cell off it might be nice in a pinch ( but let's be honest, as part of the generation that grew up before cells I'd sacrifice cell over vape! Lol)

i know now I need a ego adapter for my Nintendo, and would need one for a provari since I do like evods, and obviously a provari is much more than a mpv.....
    my vape budget hands are doing some weighing and I'm on the fence....

ive "saved" over 2k now, and haven't bought much of anything in months....
    but I spent a good bit starting out (more than broke even tho, probably 700 and only because I bought Nintendo mod!) and I just paid a lawyer 10k going after my ex on stuff and I'm not 100% done yet but at very end, and he's been ordered to pay me the 3k in medical and 4k on my legal fees, so most of it will come back.

why should I get one? Will it be a good fit? Should I go cheap and just go mpv or save that for my yearish cornerstone?
    Vaping UberNerd-Girl (and occasional parental figure to 2 crazy boys)

PV Master* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I'm a relatively new vaper, and I can't say I've tried everything, but given what I've tried so far (none of the rebuildables, but do I REALLY want to go through that much trouble and time every day?), I'd buy a MVP2 and a Provari. Then get a couple of Aspire ET-S for the MVP and a carto tank for the Provari. I'm sure everyone will have their own opinions, and I'm curious to see them too, but those are fabulous options to start, and between them, you can try out every tank type and power setup, with 2 of the most dependable batteries of their type that will cover all threading except the really teeny ones.

Mystagogue Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Hi and congratulation on 6 months!

I bought my ProVari for my 6 month celebration. I wanted something special as a reward for my accomplishment. I had eGo Twists at that point and there weren't as many options as there are now. It came down to a Vamo or a ProVari (I didn't know about bottom-feeders then). I researched them, watched the videos, did my homework, but in the end, I didn't like the Vamo's finish. I bit the bullet and bought a ProVari.

I thought I was insane to spend that much money on what could well be a flashlight, but I haven't regretted it. I like how it looks, I really like how it feels and I haven't had a single problem with it. That's all I care about. I don't give a flying fruit bat about VV vs VW vs dna20 vs whatever the latest thing is; I don't wrap coils or anything fancy, I just vape.

I don't know if you really want one. I'm not going to try and sell you on it. You know what your requirement are, or have an idea of what they are. I didn't have to worry about an eGo connection, since I primarily use carto tanks and EVODS didn't exist at the time. I can say it's nice to have with me for protection. You can bash a mugger's brains in with it.
    ProVarinati Princess ~ Infanta del Phidiae-Reo ~ Baroness Boboni of Sigeleiland
    CASAA Member

ProVari/Rüzgar ~ Reo/RM2 ~ bOd Mecha/KFL+ ~ Gus Kiss Qorax Edition/iTaste VF

Provarinati in fideliam ☆ Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I'm not you but it sounds like you've thought it out and if you're planning on vaping long term, you won't regret buying one. I got mine right when I first started vaping. There's nothing I hate more than broken equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ocelot View Post
    Hi and congratulation on 6 months!

I bought my ProVari for my 6 month celebration. I wanted something special as a reward for my accomplishment. I had eGo Twists at that point and there weren't as many options as there are now. It came down to a Vamo or a ProVari (I didn't know about bottom-feeders then). I researched them, watched the videos, did my homework, but in the end, I didn't like the Vamo's finish. I bit the bullet and bought a ProVari.

I thought I was insane to spend that much money on what could well be a flashlight, but I haven't regretted it. I like how it looks, I really like how it feels and I haven't had a single problem with it. That's all I care about. I don't give a flying fruit bat about VV vs VW vs dna20 vs whatever the latest thing is; I don't wrap coils or anything fancy, I just vape.

I don't know if you really want one. I'm not going to try and sell you on it. You know what your requirement are, or have an idea of what they are. I didn't have to worry about an eGo connection, since I primarily use carto tanks and EVODS didn't exist at the time. I can say it's nice to have with me for protection. You can bash a mugger's brains in with it.
    Yeah, I bought my dna20 not for chipset, although I'm told its a good one, but because I get to vape on a friggen Nintendo!! Ha!

I had a couple spinners and they were great, still like them and would totally advise ( and have!) a noobie to buy a spinner or twist and evods before c4 style clearos. Great vape and twists and spinners are much easier to adjust for anyone really, so good for beginners. I sent one to my mom (she lives in Chicago area) and loaned one to coworker. The zmaxs are good and get the job done, and have ego threads and the mini I got for like 30 bucks shipped from coop. Keep thinking might be time for big girl mod

Maybe time to buy a carto tank too it sounds like!
    The Ocelot, Chimney34 and AngiBe like this.

Mystagogue Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by basylica View Post
    Yeah, I bought my dna20 not for chipset, although I'm told its a good one, but because I get to vape on a friggen Nintendo!! Ha!

I had a couple spinners and they were great, still like them and would totally advise ( and have!) a noobie to buy a spinner or twist and evods before c4 style clearos. Great vape and twists and spinners are much easier to adjust for anyone really, so good for beginners. I sent one to my mom (she lives in Chicago area) and loaned one to coworker. The zmaxs are good and get the job done, and have ego threads and the mini I got for like 30 bucks shipped from coop. Keep thinking might be time for big girl mod

Maybe time to buy a carto tank too it sounds like!
    You'll be surprised at how small they are.

1000mAh Twist, mini ProVari, 650mAh standard eGo

And they still look bigger in the picture than they are in person.
    ScandaLeX and EvilZoe like this.
    ProVarinati Princess ~ Infanta del Phidiae-Reo ~ Baroness Boboni of Sigeleiland
    CASAA Member

ProVari/Rüzgar ~ Reo/RM2 ~ bOd Mecha/KFL+ ~ Gus Kiss Qorax Edition/iTaste VF

Quote Originally Posted by The Ocelot View Post
    You'll be surprised at how small they are.

1000mAh Twist, mini ProVari, 650mAh standard eGo

And they still look bigger in the picture than they are in person.
    I expect they will be similar in size to zmax using same batteries, when I started the egos seemed huge and didn't think I could use big mod, now I like them!
    I ment big girl mod as in a little spendier. I know I'll be doing this awhile and it works for me. Hard to spend 100+ cash when you are unsure if vaping can get you to quit smoking

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

If, after owning what you already own, the Provari calls you, then perhaps you should answer the call.

What ever makes us feel good and keeps us off tobacco is the right thing to do.

Tapatalking on iPhone.
    Join the CASAA.
    Protect your Vaping Rights!

.....................................ONE LIFE LENGTHENED............................

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

First off, yes buy a Provari Mini, i love mine. But as a personal suggestion stay away from a genesis. I own 3 of them and I never ever use them. If you don't mind spending a bit of money on am amazing atty that looks great on a Provari get one of these. http://www.byleo.eu/THE_DRIPPER_PRO/...1_9526444.aspx You'll have to learn how to join non resistance wire and resistance wire (or buy ready made wires from I think stormys vapor cellar ?) but it's well worth it. It's an amazing vape and it almost never leaves my Provari. If you want a tank system and not a dripper get one of these cause everyone is freaking out over how amazing they are right now (mine will be here on Monday) http://www.byleo.eu/cea3ce9fcea6ce99..._10884641.aspx
    Vaping; a world where 1mm is a REALLY big deal.

And I'm bloody good at it Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Besides, a Mini can be taken to full size with an extension, and even longer with a bottom ring and an extension if you feel like using an 18650 battery instead of the 18350 or 18490.

Lots of options.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast