PRO-RINGS : As of 2013 (year-end)√ - Page 2
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree586Likes

Thread: PRO-RINGS : As of 2013 (year-end)√

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Great post! Thanks for putting it all together.

I've got #s 3-8, although for #8, I have the 22mm SnP, which I love. I can use the GP ProRing with it, but I think it looks funny. Their ProRing is definitely better with the 23mm SnP.

edited to add: I second darkgear's comment - I have been using my KirFanis Privadero tank for over a week now (neglecting my others), and it is gorgeous. It has an integrated beauty ring, so it doesn't exactly fit here, but it is definitely worthy of mention.
    Last edited by baghandler; 12-13-2013 at 04:12 AM.
    Bill's Magic Vapor and qorax like this.

In the Sheepiezone Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Great write up--all in one place now! Thanks!
    qorax likes this.

Signature Guru Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

For anyone finding a Hippo on the classifieds (V1 version) it was the original beauty ring (aside from some one-off custom pieces). As an airflow controller, it works great, but has a tendency to leave scratches on the ProVari's bevel and does not offer a flush fit like the improved V2 Hippo. Usually mod accessories don't drop in price much, but I wouldn't recommend spending more than $20 for a V1 Hippo, unless you are really desperate for an airflow controller.

Before the V2 came out, you could get your money back out of the V1 Hippo and sell it for $35-40 easy. Times change.

Great thread, OP!
    qorax likes this.

PV Master Verified Member Ozwald's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by baghandler View Post
    edited to add: I second darkgear's comment - I have been using my KirFanis Privadero tank for over a week now (neglecting my others), and it is gorgeous. It has an integrated beauty ring, so it doesn't exactly fit here, but it is definitely worthy of mention.
    Are you sure it's not just a beauty ring with an integrated tank? That fits just fine, if you ask me.
    qorax and baghandler like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by baghandler View Post
    Great post! Thanks for putting it all together.

I've got #s 3-8, although for #8, I have the 22mm SnP, which I love. I can use the GP ProRing with it, but I think it looks funny. Their ProRing is definitely better with the 23mm SnP.

^Thanks for that heads-up on KirFanis Privadero
    baghandler likes this.
    Paps, Piccolo, Knight-SE, Kiss-QE, G16, Hammer, BaGua17 & Ti, JM16, Stingray-X & Black, IQ Hybrid, Sirius2, P'vari, Vari-Mini, WAE2, bOd, VS-DNA, Vaper-V4 / Erlkönigin, Prometey1 & 2, KFL, K-Mini, eBaron, R91 Black, Spheroid, Aqua, Estia, Scuba-QE, GVTT, Sophia, Diver2, Killer705, Senio-D, Aiolos-T

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PLANofMAN View Post
    For anyone finding a Hippo on the classifieds (V1 version) it was the original beauty ring (aside from some one-off custom pieces). As an airflow controller, it works great, but has a tendency to leave scratches on the ProVari's bevel and does not offer a flush fit like the improved V2 Hippo. Usually mod accessories don't drop in price much, but I wouldn't recommend spending more than $20 for a V1 Hippo, unless you are really desperate for an airflow controller.

Before the V2 came out, you could get your money back out of the V1 Hippo and sell it for $35-40 easy. Times change.

Great thread, OP!
    Well said√ The Hippo v1 better be avoided... the v2 is much nicer and functional.
    Bill's Magic Vapor likes this.
    Paps, Piccolo, Knight-SE, Kiss-QE, G16, Hammer, BaGua17 & Ti, JM16, Stingray-X & Black, IQ Hybrid, Sirius2, P'vari, Vari-Mini, WAE2, bOd, VS-DNA, Vaper-V4 / Erlkönigin, Prometey1 & 2, KFL, K-Mini, eBaron, R91 Black, Spheroid, Aqua, Estia, Scuba-QE, GVTT, Sophia, Diver2, Killer705, Senio-D, Aiolos-T

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Do I need one of these rings? I think I want one, but do I need one? I was considering the black loki...
    qorax and Ozwald like this.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QueenVictoria View Post
    Do I need one of these rings? I think I want one, but do I need one? I was considering the black loki...
    Need? ~NO. Wan't? ~1 hundred %

PV Master Verified Member Ozwald's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QueenVictoria View Post
    They make the Provari look nicer when you have a tank with a larger diameter than the top taper. The top taper is ~19mm, so if you have 19mm tanks they look good without the ring. The body of the Provari is ~22mm, so for a seamless look the ring covers the taper & makes the body flow right into the sides of a larger, 22mm tank. The rings are for nothing more than cosmetics.

Edit: Others haven't had the same problem, but my first order with Loki will likely be my last. I just got my rings today & they look good, but the shipping time was horrible at best. There had to have been a fluke somewhere along the line since Lion ordered his the same time I did & got his days ago... even though he lives thousands of miles further away from them than I do. 2 day shipping turned into 2 week shipping. Not convinced this was all the fault of the idiots at USPS, but perhaps.
    Last edited by Ozwald; 12-13-2013 at 05:42 PM.

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwald View Post
    Are you sure it's not just a beauty ring with an integrated tank? That fits just fine, if you ask me.
    I like the way you think, sir!
    qorax and Ozwald like this.

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast