Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree586Likes

Thread: PRO-RINGS : As of 2013 (year-end)√

Pride Male Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwald View Post
    They make the Provari look nicer when you have a tank with a larger diameter than the top taper. The top taper is ~19mm, so if you have 19mm tanks they look good without the ring. The body of the Provari is ~22mm, so for a seamless look the ring covers the taper & makes the body flow right into the sides of a larger, 22mm tank. The rings are for nothing more than cosmetics.

Edit: Others haven't had the same problem, but my first order with Loki will likely be my last. I just got my rings today & they look good, but the shipping time was horrible at best. There had to have been a fluke somewhere along the line since Lion ordered his the same time I did & got his days ago... even though he lives thousands of miles further away from them than I do. 2 day shipping turned into 2 week shipping. Not convinced this was all the fault of the idiots at USPS, but perhaps.
    I am not sure it is fair to blame Loki...but then again, you are not known for just placement of blame, eh?

I love my Loki rings. One thing about them, I had to make a minor adjustment to my KFL bottom screw to make the contact on the ProVari with my KFL original. With my KFL-plus, for whatever reason, it was a non-issue. With my IGO-T and IGO-L, it was a non-issue. I have adjusted my KFLs so that the bottom screw is aligned with the air intake hole on the side, and that could be part of the reason I had to adjust again, but be aware of this. The Loki rings are thicker (no gap, fits snug) which I like and am happy to make the adjustment for the tight fit.

I like them better than the Tatroe Rings. Well worth the extra five bucks. Here they are, two brushed stainless and one black delrin. I also ordered the black 9mm hollow point bullet drip tip, pictured here on the IGO-T.

There are no men like me. There’s only me.
    ---Jaime Lannister

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

They make the Provari look nicer when you have a tank with a larger diameter than the top taper... The rings are for nothing more than cosmetics.
    I'm seriously considering it. I think the black would look nice on mine, even though I think the tank is a 24mm. I saw they had a discount recently. Too bad I missed out on that. Do they do that very often? Or was it a special Black Friday thing?
    EddardinWinter and qorax like this.

Pride Male Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QueenVictoria View Post
    I'm seriously considering it. I think the black would look nice on mine, even though I think the tank is a 24mm. I saw they had a discount recently. Too bad I missed out on that. Do they do that very often? Or was it a special Black Friday thing?
    That was the only sale I have seen them offer. I have been following Loki for a couple of months now.
    qorax likes this.

There are no men like me. There’s only me.
    ---Jaime Lannister

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by EddardinWinter View Post
    I am not sure it is fair to blame Loki...but then again, you are not known for just placement of blame, eh?

I love my Loki rings. One thing about them, I had to make a minor adjustment to my KFL bottom screw to make the contact on the ProVari with my KFL original. With my KFL-plus, for whatever reason, it was a non-issue. With my IGO-T and IGO-L, it was a non-issue. I have adjusted my KFLs so that the bottom screw is aligned with the air intake hole on the side, and that could be part of the reason I had to adjust again, but be aware of this. The Loki rings are thicker (no gap, fits snug) which I like and am happy to make the adjustment for the tight fit.

I like them better than the Tatroe Rings. Well worth the extra five bucks. Here they are, two brushed stainless and one black delrin. I also ordered the black 9mm hollow point bullet drip tip, pictured here on the IGO-T.

I agree - I have both the Loki Labs ring and the Tatroe ring and while the Tatroe rings are good quality, the Loki Labs ring is better.

PV Master Verified Member Ozwald's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I said it could possibly be the window lickers at the USPS, it wouldn't be the first time they screwed up something... it wouldn't be the first time today they screwed up something. But when there's several days between 'info received' & any actual movement, that very likely could be the shipper plugging it into the system & not actually getting the package into the hands of the ....... Either way, it'll be a long, long time before I get another Provari, if ever & I got a ring for each of my current ones. I really don't care for any of their other products all that much, so I just don't see myself being a repeat customer anyhow.
    qorax and ScandaLeX like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

I said it could possibly be the window lickers at the USPS, it wouldn't be the first time they screwed up something... it wouldn't be the first time today they screwed up something. But when there's several days between 'info received' & any actual movement, that very likely could be the shipper plugging it into the system & not actually getting the package into the hands of the ....... Either way, it'll be a long, long time before I get another Provari, if ever & I got a ring for each of my current ones. I really don't care for any of their other products all that much, so I just don't see myself being a repeat customer anyhow.
    Window lickers?
    qorax likes this.

PV Master Verified Member Ozwald's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A term of 'endearment'. My hatred of the USPS goes back many, many years. I have more respect for the kid flipping burgers at McDonald's. They're nothing but a necessary evil that keeps private shipping company's prices in check.

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I really wish I hadn't seen this thread. I was fine. I was happy. Then, all of a sudden, there was something that could make it even better. Looks like I'll have to pay full price. Accessories are a must.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

They make the Provari look nicer when you have a tank with a larger diameter than the top taper. The top taper is ~19mm, so if you have 19mm tanks they look good without the ring. The body of the Provari is ~22mm, so for a seamless look the ring covers the taper & makes the body flow right into the sides of a larger, 22mm tank. The rings are for nothing more than cosmetics.

Edit: Others haven't had the same problem, but my first order with Loki will likely be my last. I just got my rings today & they look good,
    but the shipping time was horrible at best. There had to have been a fluke somewhere along the line since Lion ordered his the same time I did & got his days ago... even though he lives thousands of miles further away from them than I do. 2 day shipping turned into 2 week shipping. Not convinced this was all the fault of the idiots at USPS, but perhaps.
    My Lokies are effed up as well. Ordered the same time as my Provari. The same shipping method - and - [nearly] the same shipping costs ($30, for a $20 item. Ya, I know!). Provari arrived way back ~ Lokies haven't.

In fact, the day my Provari arrived - Loki sent me the Tracking#, which till date shows "Electronic Info Received" on the USPS site. Craig (Loki) says' it's a fault of the USPS ~ but I never had any such 'problem/s' with USPS anytime. Even the Provari tracking (same timeframe as of Loki) was spot-on.

I thus wonder, too!
    ScandaLeX likes this.
    Paps, Piccolo, Knight-SE, Kiss-QE, G16, Hammer, BaGua17 & Ti, JM16, Stingray-X & Black, IQ Hybrid, Sirius2, P'vari, Vari-Mini, WAE2, bOd, VS-DNA, Vaper-V4 / Erlkönigin, Prometey1 & 2, KFL, K-Mini, eBaron, R91 Black, Spheroid, Aqua, Estia, Scuba-QE, GVTT, Sophia, Diver2, Killer705, Senio-D, Aiolos-T

Signature Guru Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

This thread should be stickied.

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast