Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Baditude
  • 1 Post By Carmigirl
  • 1 Post By RPM_Redline

Thread: ProVape-1

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default ProVape-1

So, I was interested in getting a replacement device for my Ego style batteries. I have a Kayfun Mini that I just love to use when I'm out and about, and don't really feel like hauling around my Provari. I've been looking at 14500 and 16340 mods, and I keep coming back to the ProVape. Sure, I wish it was regulated, but I can't find anything decent out there that is.

So, my question to you all is: does anyone out there have one of these and use it on a regular basis, and how do you like it? Does it perform well? Do you use protected batteries with voltage cutoff, or just go unprotected? Okay, I know, its a few more than one question, but I'm really curious.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I have one, had it for over a year, and really like it. It's a great little mod. I use AW IMR's in it. I use to use 1.7Ω cartos on it, but now I use it as a dripper with an igo s.
    Quit Date: 03/2011
    Look, read, and listen. Vape safe!

ECF Veteran

With my Kayfun Mini, I'm building my coils, so I can match resistance with whatever the output is. I was just concerned about consistency of vape since this isn't resisted. Which they had put a resistor on there so there would be some period of time where the vape was constant, but oh well.

*Kingsguard* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default Kick

Maybe you can put a Kick or a Kick 2 in it to regulate it?

Evolv LLC - Kick Instructions

Evolv LLC - Shop Now

CASAA- The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-Free Alternatives Association

ECF Veteran

I think it's too small. I meant to say regulator instead of resistor. Sorry to all the EE people out there.

ECF Veteran

I suppose I could use 2 14250 batteries and wire in a 5 volt regulator. But then I'm messing with the warranty which I don't want to do.

Blog Entries

ProVape-1-22_standard_halfling.jpgProVape-1-tinytank.jpg

You would have to switch from clearomizers to a cartotank, but to shorten your setup a halfling cartotank from IBTanked sounds like it would be right up your alley. Above are two examples of a halfling cartotank on a Provari. These are half the height of a standard size cartotank, and use shorty cartomizers which can be found on the IBTanked website.

I have one of these on a Smoktech Gripper (3rd pic above). This halfing is only a 15mm wide tank, but for a Provape-1 I'd say a 19mm wide tank would suit best. IBTanks can be ordered in 15, 19, 22, and 25mm wide diameters.

IBTanked - Get Tanked With Us!

You will want to use only normal resistance coils if you use an RBA/RDA on a 14500 battery. This battery is just too small to do sub-ohms, and won't have the amp limit to do so either. I recommend the red AW IMR batteries, as does Provape. Question for the tech engineers of Provape about protected Trustfire batteries

I've had my provape 1 for 7 months. I love it! Built well! I just bought a provari mini because I figured it has to be quality also!
    SpettroJoe likes this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Baditude View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22_standard_halfling.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	281887Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TinyTank.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	281891

You would have to switch from clearomizers to a cartotank, but to shorten your setup a halfling cartotank from IBTanked sounds like it would be right up your alley. Above are two examples of a halfling cartotank on a Provari. These are half the height of a standard size cartotank, and use shorty cartomizers which can be found on the IBTanked website.

I have one of these on a Smoktech Gripper (3rd pic above). This halfing is only a 15mm wide tank, but for a Provape-1 I'd say a 19mm wide tank would suit best. IBTanks can be ordered in 15, 19, 22, and 25mm wide diameters.

You will want to use only normal resistance coils if you use an RBA/RDA on a 14500 battery. This battery is just too small to do sub-ohms, and won't have the amp limit to do so either. I recommend the red AW IMR batteries, as does Provape. Question for the tech engineers of Provape about protected Trustfire batteries
    Yeah, I figure I would be winding a 5-6 wind 2mm micro coil with 32 gauge giving me somewhere in the mid to high 1 ohms. Should be just about right. Just kinda of concerned about declining performance as battery discharges. Oh heck, what does it really matter anyways. Batteries are cheap, and if it gets too weak, just deal in a new one. I've got to quit worrying so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bad,

What did you use to bring the connection up to the top on the gripper? I like that setup.

My gripper is a tank! Best bang for the buck IMO. Plus it takes a beating

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Baditude View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22_standard_halfling.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	281887Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TinyTank.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	281891

aikanae1 likes this.