Anyone using a Sophia with an IBTanked on their Provari? - Page 3
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: Anyone using a Sophia with an IBTanked on their Provari?

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Awesome. Thanks for the tips. I am going to hold off on the SnP until after the new year, and I give the IBTanked a go. I do like Leo's pro tank, the look is polished and fits the provari perfectly.
    Oh and I placed my order of 2mm wick and some 1.5 ohm wire from stormys.
    Thanks again for all of the advice.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
    Mods: Hana Modz Green V3 / bOd Mech by Leo
    Attys: Zenith V2 / Origen / TOBH / Stillare

reMember٭ Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefAllDay View Post
    Oh wow. Thank you so very much! I am glad to see someone with the exact setup I am going for. I have been looking at SnP tanks,but I can't justify them due to price. Are they that much better than the IBTanks?
    Do you buy your wick from stormy as well?

Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX
    If a tank holds what you consider an adequate amount of juice, seals well, looks great on your mod and is cost-effective (price/quality ratio)... a tank is a tank is a tank. The only other factor I can think of is ease in refilling. That's where the SnP shines. Close down the juice control, twist the upper cap cover 1/4 turn counter clockwise, fill through one of the two ports, twist cover 1/4 turn clockwise, open juice control, vape. No mess, no tools, no wiping down. I love my IBTanked gear and have found no problems with these tanks. I love all the customize-able options. The only difference is filling. With the IBTanked and Sophia, either use a slap-yo-mama tool or pull your driptip, close the juice control, push the Sophia down into the IBTanked far enough to create a gap between the top of the Sophia and the upper tank cap, squirt juice in the gap, push Sophia back up, wipe, open juice control, vape. It's no different than filling with a regular carto. I think there's an example of this towards the end of the byLeo video.

Supporting Member

The Protank is nice but I'd get the SS tube for it too since it comes with poly tubes. The capacity is small but I like it since I switch juice often.

Ladiekali and Seapup like this.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefAllDay View Post
    I ordered 3mm wick. Will that be too thick? I can always order 2mm, as its not terribly expensive.

Also, the wire from stormys, is it better than normal kanthal, or is it just pre cut?

I agree the SnP seems to be a better tank, I am just holding off until next month because I got so much vape mail this month. LoL.

Thanks again.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX
    As darkgear posted, you'll end up with wicking problems using 3mm unless you modify the ceramic cup. I've tried only 2mm Silica and don't plan on trying anything else in my Sophias as I'm perfectly content. Stormy's sells many variations of NR-R-NR wire. The Stormy's link that I posted is what others on this forum have been successfully using. The wire assemblies are actually three wires welded to form one wire... a piece of nickel non-resistance wire welded to a piece of Kanthal resistance wire welded to a piece of nickel non-resistance wire. They work great. I plan on continuing to use Stormy's wires until I receive my wire welder (so I can just make them myself). Someone somewhere on this forum posted something like, If you're not getting a clean awesome vape from your Sophia, you're doing something wrong. I agree... once you determine your preferred juice control setting, airflow setting, resistance and wick setup... it's like the ultimate amalgamation of dripping and cartos, without the hassle and mess.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkgear View Post
    The Protank is nice but I'd get the SS tube for it too since it comes with poly tubes. The capacity is small but I like it since I switch juice often.

Going to try both Sophia lengths in 15mm IBTanked, Skinny Phinny and 15mm byLeo Slim Tanks this weekend.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

You might want to take a look at EcoWool as well,,,,

Ekowool Solid Silica Cord, 1 Meter
    Ekowool Hollow Silica Cord, 1 Meter

Supporting Member

If you use Hollow Ekowool. 1mm fits the Sophia. 1.5mm ekowool is a bit tight, same like the 3mm silica.
    NicoHolic likes this.

Sindoyen Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Agree, a tank is a tank is a tank (although I have found that I do not like some of the tanks I bought, and that dislike has nothing to do with the carto's themselves... which I have always disliked). But to use with a Sophia's liquid control in ANY tank you really do want to change the top o-ring of the tank to a silicone one. Duh.

Made that mistake the first time I loaded up the KirF Prive Special tank with a Sophia and then tried to turn the Sophia's liquid control...
    I also learned about closing the Sophia's liquid contol when filling a tank the hard way. ...
    qorax and Seapup like this.

GP PAPS SS V2.1, 18500 Edition SS V3, 18500 Edition LUX V3, LUX V3, TiX, SS X (2), LUX X, Piccolo V3.1, Heron (4), Spheroid V3, SnP 23mm.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spydro View Post
    .....I also learned about closing the Sophia's liquid contol when filling a tank the hard way. ...
    I haven't done that yet, but I probably will. In my haste to head out for lunch today, I closed the juice control, gave the SnP top cover a 1/4 turn, started squirting juice in the tank to top off, got sidetracked for a second and shot juice in my face out of the breather hole.
    Spydro and darkgear like this.

Sindoyen Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seapup View Post
    I haven't done that yet, but I probably will. In my haste to head out for lunch today, I closed the juice control, gave the SnP top cover a 1/4 turn, started squirting juice in the tank to top off, got sidetracked for a second and shot juice in my face out of the breather hole.

The well DUH part for me was I knew to close the liquid control first, just wasn't paying attention to what I was doing and lost about half a syringe of juice out of both ends of the Sophia. There wasn't anyplace else for it to go with the KirF Prive Special tank that I also loaded way too fast.
    Last edited by Spydro; 12-27-2013 at 11:05 PM.
    Seapup likes this.

GP PAPS SS V2.1, 18500 Edition SS V3, 18500 Edition LUX V3, LUX V3, TiX, SS X (2), LUX X, Piccolo V3.1, Heron (4), Spheroid V3, SnP 23mm.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast