What are you looking for in a version 3? - Page 11
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree193Likes

Thread: What are you looking for in a version 3?

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dampmaskin View Post
    If Provape can make a VW device that tastes my vape and adjusts it to my preferences, I will buy it. Until that happens, which I suspect will be a very long wait, I will most likely continue to be content with adjusting the voltage, instead of adjusting the wattage.
    You unknowingly help make my point. If you have to adjust a setting for your vape\taste\preference, it should be wattage NOT voltage that's being adjusted, especially for the newbie! But until you understand why that is, there is no point in going any further...

Super Member Verified Member Dampmaskin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Megabyt View Post
    You unknowingly help make my point. If you have to adjust a setting for your vape\taste\preference, it should be wattage NOT voltage that's being adjusted, especially for the newbie! But until you understand why that is, there is no point in going any further...
    So please explain, wise one, so I may understand. How is adjusting wattage easier, less hassle, or otherwise preferable to adjusting voltage?
    The Steam Engine - calculators for wrapping coils, checking battery drain, and mixing e-juice.

VapeFight.com Founder Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by irwink View Post
    I didn't own a Provari until recently and because of that I never posted in the Provari Forum. Now I do on both accounts.

It's curious to see how what I have to call herd mentality has convinced the herd that what a wider audience wants and expects in an upgrade to a commercial product is viewed as unnecessary or even heretical. It's comical in a sense to see the rationalizations voiced. "If it was good enough for grandpa it's good enough for me" comes to mind. Newcomers quickly become absorbed in the perceived wisdom of their "elders".

Automatic transmissions and power windows in a vehicle are viewed by most as desirable features although they're not functionally necessary and perhaps not as reliable in some cases. "I can figure out what gear I need to shift into without some new fangled thing to do it for me!". Still, most prefer improved features whether the purists want it or not. The market will drive change in the end, not the diehard purists.

What approaches an absolute is that without change most tech products will die if not updated to at least match the competition.

The Provari is a great device with an unmatched track record of reliability and customer service. That is undeniable. But it is outdated despite the protestations and rationalizations of the vocal purists. To remain commercially viable I cannot see how Provape can continue to ignore what is going on around them.
    I'm in general agreement with your thoughts. I mean no disrespect to "others' who may not hold this same view. Hell...I own two "exstended" Minis.

Here is another way to look at the big picture. First their was DOS with lots of typing. /LOL Then along came the GUI crowd and that's Mac and then Windows. I saw the same kind of rationalization, myopic viewpoints, half truths, and specious remarks from the DOS crowd after the GUI came out. My gosh, they kept it up for years and years. It was always humorous to watch some of the wildest arguments I've ever seen.

Guess what? Pure DOS for desktop applications is a distant memory. Yes I know Windows sits on top of it and the Mac sits on top of Unix or some variant. Kapish! Those company's that either could not or would not open their "eyes" to the marketplace and continued to hang their hat on an outdated and antiquated DOS are gone forever. I certainly hope this does not happen to ProVape.

Lets see, is it 8 or 9 clicks to lower my voltage!

Good luck to all and thanks for an interesting read.
    Last edited by SeniorBoy; 03-08-2014 at 05:11 PM.
    Megabyt likes this.

Visit Vape Fight today! Fight for the survival of vaping. Resources to help us win the fight. Don't WAIT until the FDA takes away your right to vape! Join CASAA today!

Signature Guru Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Can we please get rid of the antique and outdated 510 and eGo connection on both mods and attys? The industry needs a new standard.

Senior Member Verified Member naturecannon's Avatar

ADJUSTABLE PIN please!!
    EddardinWinter and Megabyt like this.
    "Sorry If I do not always respond, I am not very good at keeping up on all the posts I comment bomb!"

Ultra Member ECF Veteran evan le'garde's Avatar

Spring loaded centre terminal.

Better still, adjustable !, such as the Semovar.

His and hers designs, not just colours but size and shape.

Hmm, maybe a Provari made of cut glass, and maybe the inner workings could be encased in something shiney, including the battery space.
    Last edited by evan le'garde; 03-08-2014 at 06:41 PM.
    Megabyt likes this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dampmaskin View Post
    So please explain, wise one, so I may understand. How is adjusting wattage easier, less hassle, or otherwise preferable to adjusting voltage?
    I have a strong hunch that no matter what I say here will get through to you, but here it goes anyway...

Like every other VW vs VV discussion has pointed out, VW is a set it and forget variable setting. Now, this does not mean set it and never change it, or that it will somehow taste your juice and automatically change the wattage to the juices optimal wattage, as some have foolishly said. Yes, you will still adjust your wattage to your preferred setting for each juice, etc... HOWEVER, unlike variable voltage, variable wattage does not require changing settings each time you screw a new device on top of your mod or when you change heads in your atty. You will know what wattage you like for your setup, juice, etc.. and will find that with VW you rarely have to adjust it.

I can hear what you're thinking now, "I know what voltage I like and I set my ProVari for that voltage and never change it"... Ya, OK, so in this scenario, you will run into a known issue where coils change resistance over time, and today, your Provari's VV settings doesn't fluctuate to accommodate these changes. So what happens? Your vaping experience changes! You either change your voltage because you taste that your vape experience changed, or you just live with it, without understanding why it taste different or isn't performing as well. Plain and simple!

So how does this experience play well with newcomers who have no clue what ohms are, or why it would change over the life of a coil or different type of head?

Now, with VW, it detects those fluctuations, on the fly, and updates the voltage settings on your behalf. Why is this a bad thing?

Same scenario with these wildly varying heads that we buy (or build) for Protanks, M3's, etc.. How many times have you bought a head that claimed 1.8ohms and actually tested to 1.8? I would guestimate 50%, at best... I've seen 1.8ohm coils test at 1.6-2.0 many many times. Why not just know that you like your Bobas Bounty at 10 watts and not give a piss about what ohms your coil is? Why is this a bad thing?

Please explain why you are so against VW? I've asked several times in this thread and only found one decent answer. "It adds another menu item to scroll through". Every other response was basically "I don't prefer it, need it, want it, etc."

Do you have any technical reasons to be against VW? If your V3 Provari had VW, and you could opt to not use it and keep switching your voltage manually, what are you missing out on? What are you not able to do that you can't already do today? Why should the majority of people who are begging for VW be left in the dark because the hardcore fanboys think its not needed because they can adjust their voltage manually and think that's good enough?

This VV vs VW debate has been going on for some time, and this thread asked what am I looking for in a V3 Provari, and the top of my list is VW, hence the passionate responses. I'd really prefer this not get into an argument or flame war... we should be able to debate and exchange thoughts and ideas without excessive drama.

Coldrake likes this.

Signature Guru Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

If you like your boba's bounty at 10 watts, does that mean you vape all your juices at 10 watts? I think most people who own ProVari's rarely change their settings. If I change my settings twice a week, I'm being picky or switching between juices.

I wouldn't mind if ProVape came out with VW, but I'm not going to boycott them until they do.
    If lack of variable wattage hurts their bottom line, they'll come out with it. Until then, it's not going to happen. Adding VW would add to their production costs, which would lead to raised prices which would lead to people complaining about the price (which they already do).
    ScandaLeX likes this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by PLANofMAN View Post
    Adding VW would add to their production costs
    How do you figure? It's a software change!
    Last edited by Megabyt; 03-09-2014 at 12:02 AM.

Senior Member Verified Member naturecannon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Megabyt View Post
    I have a strong hunch that no matter what I say here will get through to you, but here it goes anyway...

So how does this experience play well with newcomers who have no clue what ohms are

Well first of all I am not againts VW. With that said

If newcomers are clueless with Ohms...........then stick with an evod............. vv and vw are both useless to them then in my opinion until they educate themselves about ohms, so not much of a defense there ^. They gotta know how to get there.
    "Sorry If I do not always respond, I am not very good at keeping up on all the posts I comment bomb!"