Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Another shot at this Carto-Tank

Polymath Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by cdsaint66 View Post
    That is exactly how you fill the tank Villiska. Since you mentioned not liking any juice on your connection pin, Carto tanks do dribble just a bit on the pin. As the carto ages, this gets gradually worse, and can eventually become a PITA. When it does, just prime a new carto and swap it like an Ocelot. (search that phrase for The Ocelot's excellent instructional video).
    Yeah, I've seen her guide and it sounds pretty easy. How long do cartos roughly last before that issue begins to be a problem? If this comparison does any good, I usually go through a Protank replacement head in about a week to a week and a half. I vape lighter colored liquids so even heavy vaping that I do, I don't burn out a coil for ages it feels like. I'm hoping a carto is roughly the same.

2. Advertisement
    Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Also, one question, is it okay to lay down this tank + provari on it's side? I know with clearomizer tanks this can cause flooding/leaking, but I don't have that flat base ring at the bottom so I constantly feel like putting it on it's side on my desk in front of me rather than risking it tipping over every time I move a muscle.

Ultra Member Verified Member WillyZee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Villiska View Post
    Awesome man! I didn't even think to keep the drip tool in the cartomizer while you re-fill it to prevent any flooding or mess ups. You can also fill the tank a little more that way am I right? Sounds great. I'll have to buy a couple of the re-fill tools because I'll want one in my car, at the office and at my house so I don't have to keep it in my pocket all day. This sounds great.
    you totally got this Villiska (yup, leave the tool in while refilling) ... I also bought a few drip tip tools (at $2.50 each, I would be screwed if I lost the only one I had).

I just ordered another box of 50 carts today

Edit: yes, laying your provari on it's side is fine ... nothing will leak.

IBTanks are an awesome trouble free vape setup
    Last edited by WillyZee; 03-02-2014 at 02:21 AM.
    Baditude and Arch like this.
    Smoke Free since Sept. 22nd 2013 ... Keep Calm & Vape On

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Like all heads it does vary depending on the liquid. A dark nasty liquid (nasty in what it does to cartos anyway) will kill a carto in a few days for me. If I'm vaping unflavored I'll get between a week and two weeks. I'm a heavy vaper though, so you may be able to go longer. For no more than cartos cost, I swap them when they start flooding, or flavor or vapor production drops off, or when the draw tightens up. Those seem to be the 3 ways they fail for me.
    Arch likes this.

ECF Veteran

I lay my carto tanks on their side more often than I leave them upright. As far as I can tell after using them that way for 16 months I haven't had any real problems.
    Arch likes this.

Verified Member
    Supporting Member

@WillyZee,

Read the edit, thanks man. It's now on it's side taking a nap!

Quote Originally Posted by cdsaint66 View Post
    Like all heads it does vary depending on the liquid. A dark nasty liquid (nasty in what it does to cartos anyway) will kill a carto in a few days for me. If I'm vaping unflavored I'll get between a week and two weeks. I'm a heavy vaper though, so you may be able to go longer. For no more than cartos cost, I swap them when they start flooding, or flavor or vapor production drops off, or when the draw tightens up. Those seem to be the 3 ways they fail for me.
    Awesome, sounds great. Cartos are really cheap as well and so far I'm enjoying these Smok ones. I bought 15 3.0 ohm cartos as well as 10 of the 2.0 ohm cartos so I should be good for awhile. I did go through 3 of them before I got it up and running right, but now I think I'm pretty good using Baditude's shake method!
    Baditude and ScandaLeX like this.

Supporting Member

I'm glad to see this post here since I just receive my first IBTanked. Using it with my Provari is best with out the ring I bought from IBTanked. Extremely tight draw with it. On another post I mentioned this and was suggested to try the boge cartos. I may do that. I agree that a thicker ejuice plays a part in the way a Carto works. I've been mostly vaping Halo brands which does not report ratio of pg/vg. The set up is much less weight using the standard size 22mm tank then with Kanger pt2 with aero base. Yet much more ejuice capacity. Dig that!
    I'll be happier with my set up if I can get the draw worked out using the ring. I like that flush look.
    Arch likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member AmandaD's Avatar

So glad you got the problem sorted out! I have one juice which is 100% VG (Gorilla Juice), and I've never even tried this in a carto. Everything else i have works well though!

I love that I can throw the Provari and cartotank in my purse and not worry about leaks
    Arch likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Villiska View Post
    I did go through 3 of them before I got it up and running right, but now I think I'm pretty good using Baditude's shake method!
    Here's a couple of cool additional tricks for your IBtanked tool. Use it to install your new (dry) carto, lubing the tool with a bit of juice-it really saves wear & tear on those inner orings. Start your installation, but go ahead & fill the tank to capacity before pushing it all the way through. Leave the tank tool on, you'll be using it now as a drip tip. Put your finger on the bottom end of the carto, pushing hard enough to seal off any airflow (this can take a bit of trial & error), put the tip in your mouth and suck the juice into the carto via the feed holes to prime it. Pop the tool off to check for filler saturation. Repeat until the filler looks good, then refill the tank one last time. This is by far the best/fastest way I've found to prime. You're getting the juice exactly where it needs to be without relying on gravity or centrifugal force.
    WillyZee and Arch like this.

I just put it in the thingy, screw the cap on and off a few times and am good to go.
    OCD, Amberina, WillyZee and 1 others like this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast