Another shot at this Carto-Tank - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Another shot at this Carto-Tank

PV Master Verified Member Southern Tina's Avatar

I'm still learning carto's but I LOVE the new ones I'm using now. It trumps what I've used in the past.

Tina in FL
    JJOOHHNN and WillyZee like this.

"How you make others feel about themselves, says a lot about you"

Queen of Hearts Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Cartos are my all time favorite! Like stevegmu said I just put my filled tank with an empty carto in the thingy and open an close it about a dozen times and I'm good to go!! It doesn't get any easier than that. And then with the refilling tool, refills are a snap to. Believe me, I am not the most graceful person- just a bit accident prone- so if I can do it, I know that ANYONE can!!

Cartos tend to last me about 2-3weeks and I vape a lot. Well a lot for me- which is about 5-6mls a day. I do usually switch between two tanks though.

Just keep on going with your IBTanked tanks (my personal favorite by the way) and you will be a pro in no time!!!

Good Luck!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Amberina View Post
    Cartos are my all time favorite! Like stevegmu said I just put my filled tank with an empty carto in the thingy and open an close it about a dozen times and I'm good to go!! It doesn't get any easier than that. And then with the refilling tool, refills are a snap to. Believe me, I am not the most graceful person- just a bit accident prone- so if I can do it, I know that ANYONE can!!

Cartos tend to last me about 2-3weeks and I vape a lot. Well a lot for me- which is about 5-6mls a day. I do usually switch between two tanks though.

Just keep on going with your IBTanked tanks (my personal favorite by the way) and you will be a pro in no time!!!

Good Luck!!!!!!!
    What's the thingy and what do you open and close? I'm still kinda new to the carto's.

Tina in FL
    Johnny101 likes this.

PV Master Verified Member TheKiwi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Another shot at this Carto-Tank

Quote Originally Posted by TinaJaxFL View Post
    What's the thingy and what do you open and close? I'm still kinda new to the carto's.

Tina in FL
    Thingys are the little clear containers that the IBTanked comes in when you first get it in the mail. The cool thing is not only does it work as a container to carry your tanks around, if you place the cartotank in it and twist the cap on and off multiple times, the air pressure from tightening the container helps to force juice into the carto from the holes, giving you the perfectly primed carto. Works like a charm

On a side note, double coil cartos are the worst. Complete PITA because you always gotta keep repriming it cos the juice can never keep up with the top coil. My recommendations are a 1.5 ohms single coil carto. And oh dark high VG juices? I would steer clear of them. With Boba's bounty my carto lasts maybe 2 or 3 tanks max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TheKiwi; 03-02-2014 at 03:53 PM.
    Arch likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by TinaJaxFL View Post

Tina in FL
    the plastic vial your IBTank ships in

Do you fiddle with your thingy?
    Baditude and Arch like this.
    Smoke Free since Sept. 22nd 2013 ... Keep Calm & Vape On

Got it. Thanks all. Now I understand what the thingy is.

Tina in FL

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Johnny101's Avatar

Tina once you get in to carto tanks it's really simple to learn
    Baditude and Southern Tina like this.

Yes I'am this good!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny101 View Post
    Tina once you get in to carto tanks it's really simple to learn
    Oh I know. I'm learning. Nobody that I know here vapes or knows anything about them so I just learn here or on videos. I wish I had a friend close that knew a lot. But I don't.

Tina in FL
    Arch likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Johnny101's Avatar

I guess I'm lucky I've got all kinds of vape shops here and a lot of people here vape
    Southern Tina likes this.

Yes I'am this good!!!!

Polymath Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by stevegmu View Post
    I just put it in the thingy, screw the cap on and off a few times and am good to go.
    I did this, but unfortunately it takes a bit of trial and error to find how many on/offs you need before it floods and enough to prime it fully. I also hate flooding, I hate blowing it out and making a mess. So far, the method Baditude provided has been great. I just put a few drops all around, shake it, repeat until it stops absorbing and I can see saturation through the 2 tiny little pre-punched holes, and then I put it into my carto tank, fill it up and let it sit for 10 minutes or so while taking occasional dry puffs. If I see a bubble or two, I know it's wicking properly.

Your method does work wonders though if you want something quick and you don't mind the little mess it leaves behind.
    Baditude and stevegmu like this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast