Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Another shot at this Carto-Tank

Signature Guru Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wagon52 View Post
    I have 2 IBTanked carto tanks. A standard and an XL. I can't get either one of them to keep primed. It works good for a few draws and then a very nasty dry hit. Still trying to figure it all out and get it running right. Do you need to adjust the volts differently than you do for a bottom feeding tank?
    Here's some reading material that should answer any and all questions you have regarding cartotanks.
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...wn-condom.html
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...tup-guide.html
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...help-noob.html
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...rtomizers.html
    naturecannon likes this.

Full Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by wagon52 View Post
    I have 2 IBTanked carto tanks. A standard and an XL. I can't get either one of them to keep primed. It works good for a few draws and then a very nasty dry hit. Still trying to figure it all out and get it running right. Do you need to adjust the volts differently than you do for a bottom feeding tank?
    I have that issue with dual coil carts. i just try to draw on it without pressing the fire buttom to get more juice in the cart. Sometimes I will continuing drawing after releasing the fire button. Hope that makes since.
    PLANofMAN, Train2 and wagon52 like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Makes perfect sense, and that is exactly what I do when
    a) Getting a brand new carto going that maybe didn't prime perfectly
    b) vaping thick juice with a carto that's got smaller holes

Quote Originally Posted by fleur_de_lis-in-FL View Post
    I have that issue with dual coil carts. i just try to draw on it without pressing the fire buttom to get more juice in the cart. Sometimes I will continuing drawing after releasing the fire button. Hope that makes since.

Resident TimeLord Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by fleur_de_lis-in-FL View Post
    I've done the draw after releasing fire button with most devices I've used. I thought when using clearos, that it wasn't as much flooding from over wicking, but it was vapor condensing on drip tip, so i would vape like 4-5 seconds with fire button on, and then 3-4 scones off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ProVari- the closest to owning a Sonic Screwdriver a mere human can get!

Full Member Verified Member

I gave it another try last night and this morning. I got the XL working great! They are Smok 1.7ohm cartos that I had to punch myself. Not a dry hit as of yet and the flavor is pretty good. The vapor production is nothing compared to my Kayfun but good throat hit and tasty. Now the standard tank I got, I can't get to work to save my .... They are Smok 2.0ohm with the holes already punched. I set it up with a 50/50 juice and primed it good. One good hit and right back to the burnt. I took it back apart and punched an additional hole and same thing. Maybe it is the juice.
    Harleybarbie likes this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345