Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Another shot at this Carto-Tank

Polymath Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Default Another shot at this Carto-Tank

Note: I'm posting this here because this section is where I'm comfortable, and it's topping a Provari so it's somewhat related. That and the cartomizer section is more or less dead.

So, I made a thread in the Cartomizer section about a week ago with massive amounts of frustration behind this carto-tank. I found that my problem was that I was using a 90% VG juice and it just wasn't allowing juice through the 2 pre-punched holes, drying out the cartomizer's guts and burning my carto. I took another shot at it on this fine Saturday night with a 50/50 blend of Honey Pearry and let me tell you, this thing hits like a champ and then some. The flavor, vapor production and overall smoothness of this vaping experience is outstanding. I'm using an IBTanked 22MM/Standard carto tank with Smok's 3.0 ohm single coil, pre punched flanged cartomizers and it's working like a dream.

I'll provide a picture to show you the supplies I used this time around, in comparison to the 50 paper towels I used before. I want to thank Baditude for inspiring me to get the cartotank itself, and then another time for helping me so much back on the Cartomizer thread. Along with every one else that was on it. I'm in vaping heaven right now.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Ibtanked and Provari goes together like Peanut butter and Jelly! When I got mine I dug out all my Ibtanked and so far that is mostly what I have been using.

Just a question...does your carto's seem to have a tight draw? I aske cause the ones I got from Ibtanked does and I have never really used smoktech so I don't know if this is normal or not.
    Amberina and Arch like this.

MKUltra Member Supporting Member Papa_Lazarou's Avatar

Nice vape win

Glad you got yourself dialed in - those IBT tanks are great. If you have your heart set on thicker juices, you can either enlarge the holes in the cartos or punch more of them. The problem might ultimately be the internal wicking material, but punching 2 more holes is a quick test.
    BILLB OKC and Arch like this.

Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by cocacola31173 View Post
    Ibtanked and Provari goes together like Peanut butter and Jelly! When I got mine I dug out all my Ibtanked and so far that is mostly what I have been using.

Just a question...does your carto's seem to have a tight draw? I aske cause the ones I got from Ibtanked does and I have never really used smoktech so I don't know if this is normal or not.
    The Smok cartos I got were from IBTanked and the draw is a bit tighter than what I'm used to, similar to an analog. I don't mind it though honestly. I've yet to re-fill this thing, so I'm hoping that isn't a messy experience either

Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Lazarou View Post
    Nice vape win

Glad you got yourself dialed in - those IBT tanks are great. If you have your heart set on thicker juices, you can either enlarge the holes in the cartos or punch more of them. The problem might ultimately be the internal wicking material, but punching 2 more holes is a quick test.
    I personally don't have a punching tool to create another 2 clean holes, but I'll more than likely save this 80-90% VG juice from Bombies for when I get into RDA's. All of my other blends are 50/50 for the most part so I don't foresee any issues with this now.

Ultra Member Verified Member WillyZee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Villiska View Post
    The Smok cartos I got were from IBTanked and the draw is a bit tighter than what I'm used to, similar to an analog. I don't mind it though honestly. I've yet to re-fill this thing, so I'm hoping that isn't a messy experience either
    is that an IBT drip tip refill tool in the pic? ... if yes, refilling is a walk in the park
    Arch likes this.
    Smoke Free since Sept. 22nd 2013 ... Keep Calm & Vape On

Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by WillyZee View Post
    is that an IBT drip tip refill tool in the pic? ... if yes, refilling is a walk in the park
    That it is! I'm assuming that all I have to do to refill is just take off my drip tip, put the refilling tool in it's place and pull up on the tank itself, taking out the refilling tool, refilling it with juice, putting the tool back on and pushing it back down onto the carto to snap it back into place. My only small concern is a bit of leaking juice coming from the bottom where I pull the tank upwards, since that part of the carto was in the juice prior to be pulled up if that makes any sense.

I'm really OCD about having any bit of juice touching my provari's connection pin

Ultra Member Verified Member WillyZee's Avatar

what I do is remove the drip tip and put the refill tip into the cart ... I then hold the tank about 1/2 inch above a table and push the drip tool through into the tank (the 1/2 inch above the table prevents the carto being pushed straight through the tank).

I then add juice down the open side of the drip tool ... then press down on the table to push the carto back in place. Remove drip tool and put drip tip back on.

total refill time takes about 30-40 seconds and the only cleanup is wiping the drip tool
    Smoke Free since Sept. 22nd 2013 ... Keep Calm & Vape On

Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by WillyZee View Post
    what I do is remove the drip tip and put the refill tip into the cart ... I then hold the tank about 1/2 inch above a table and push the drip tool through into the tank (the 1/2 inch above the table prevents the carto being pushed straight through the tank).

I then add juice down the open side of the drip tool ... then press down on the table to push the carto back in place. Remove drip tool and put drip tip back on.

total refill time takes about 30-40 seconds and the only cleanup is wiping the drip tool
    Awesome man! I didn't even think to keep the drip tool in the cartomizer while you re-fill it to prevent any flooding or mess ups. You can also fill the tank a little more that way am I right? Sounds great. I'll have to buy a couple of the re-fill tools because I'll want one in my car, at the office and at my house so I don't have to keep it in my pocket all day. This sounds great.
    ScandaLeX and WillyZee like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

That is exactly how you fill the tank Villiska. Since you mentioned not liking any juice on your connection pin, Carto tanks do dribble just a bit on the pin. As the carto ages, this gets gradually worse, and can eventually become a PITA. When it does, just prime a new carto and swap it like an Ocelot. (search that phrase for The Ocelot's excellent instructional video).
    Arch likes this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast