How to clean an atomizer?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to clean an atomizer?

Full Member ECF Veteran

Default How to clean an atomizer?

I have a brand new atomizer that has funny machine oil kinda taste. It is one of six 801's recently purchased. The other 5 are just fine. They taste like the juice I drip in them. I've never run into this before. Can anyone tell me how to handle this? The performance of the atomizer is just fine. It just tastes crappy. I'm using it primarily on a USB PT. --Thanks

Super Member ECF Veteran

If it is a new atomizer, my guess would be that you are tasting the primer that ships on them. I actually opened up a new atty tonight for myself and in the sealed package was a ton of wetness which I have never see before... it was primer. Tastes nasty as crap but will burn off. My suggestion it to use it for a little bit but do not inhale. Just exhale the vapor immediately until the bad taste goes away. Hope this helps!!

Quote Originally Posted by lorgain View Post
    I have a brand new atomizer that has funny machine oil kinda taste. It is one of six 801's recently purchased. The other 5 are just fine. They taste like the juice I drip in them. I've never run into this before. Can anyone tell me how to handle this? The performance of the atomizer is just fine. It just tastes crappy. I'm using it primarily on a USB PT. --Thanks

rinse in vodka

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by lorgain View Post

I also had one atty in a bunch that had this. I put a few drops of juice, did a few primer puffs without inhaling - repeat that process and your icky taste should be gone. Dont think it will hurt ya, just tastes yucky.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I had the same on my 801. It took about a day of vaping to "break in".
    Now it hits and tastes like a champ! Very happy with it.

Usually I'll do a dry burn to clean my atty's.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey C View Post
    rinse in vodka
    Seconding this as what I'll try from now on.

I did one with hot water, it worked great after it dried, then twisted right apart a couple days later because the epoxy apparently couldn't tolerate the heat.

Full Member ECF Veteran

I have tried burning off the nasty taste at least 5 times. I'm going to have to try the vodka next. From what I've read here, I'm leaning toward an impurity in the ni-chrome and it won't stop tasting bad until it burns up.

So.... where do the PS DES801's come from? If it's China, anyone care to guess what those wascally wabbits have tainted my heating element with?

I had one like that, and the taste/smell/burning never went away. I tried everything to fix it, but I don't think it's possible... it's just a defect from the factory. I'm sure there are at least a few others who have had this problem. I wouldn't waste my time on it, or my taste buds. My sense of taste was screwed up for like 5 days after trying to "burn through it".

Full Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ninjapuff View Post
    I had one like that, and the taste/smell/burning never went away. I tried everything to fix it, but I don't think it's possible... it's just a defect from the factory. I'm sure there are at least a few others who have had this problem. I wouldn't waste my time on it, or my taste buds. My sense of taste was screwed up for like 5 days after trying to "burn through it".
    Exactly what I'm experiencing!! Seems prudent to give up on this one. Thanks for sharing your experience. It's always nice to know when your not alone out on the fringe of something odd.

Senior Member ECF Veteran Father Luke's Avatar
    Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company

How's the throat hit on that rascal?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast