Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Types of nicotine base liquid

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran hoogie76's Avatar

Definitely an interesting topic on color change. We did a bit of an experiment with some 10ml bottles to see what environment caused the most tanning of a liquid and in our simple test, light was the biggest factor.

VG content also seems to affect the 'pinkness' of a liquid as when we mix pure nic (clear to slightly tan) with VG (clear), we usually end up with a pinkish base. We don't get this with an all PG mix.

Check out towards the bottom of the newsletter for some pictures of our tanning test: https://www.madvapes.com/Newsletter-81911_b_5.html

hoog

2. Advertisement
    Quantum Vapyre ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

@tona: Yes you are right. Oxided nic is no longer active nic, its gone. But it takes so little nic-oxide to color a liquid that the measured nic content will be almost the same as before oxidation. Of course, enough time will oxidize all the nic.

The pink is not an added indicator. At least I hope not! Don't want to be vaping indicator compounds. The color that compounds have, such as nic-oxides, are very sensitive to their chemical environment. As I said, I think the pink is oxides loosely combining with VG, or some flavor compounds, like vanilla. Sometimes my vanilla juices will pinken, and sometimes not. I haven't found the pattern. All my flavored juices are VG, so I have not observed the effect of PG. So far I've not had an unflavored nic liquid turn pink, but they do yellow after a bit.

@hoogie76: Thanks for the info!
    Deciding not to smoke is one thing. Forgetting to smoke is a different animal altogether.

Moved On ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by hoogie76 View Post
    Definitely an interesting topic on color change. We did a bit of an experiment with some 10ml bottles to see what environment caused the most tanning of a liquid and in our simple test, light was the biggest factor.

VG content also seems to affect the 'pinkness' of a liquid as when we mix pure nic (clear to slightly tan) with VG (clear), we usually end up with a pinkish base. We don't get this with an all PG mix.

Check out towards the bottom of the newsletter for some pictures of our tanning test: https://www.madvapes.com/Newsletter-81911_b_5.html

hoog
    Pretty cool study you've done there guys.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123