AmericaneLiquidStore.com becomes first ISO 9001:2008 and cGMP certified manufacture of eLiquid in the United States!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: AmericaneLiquidStore.com becomes first ISO 9001:2008 and cGMP certified manufacture of eLiquid in the United States!

Unregistered Supplier

Default AmericaneLiquidStore.com becomes first ISO 9001:2008 and cGMP certified manufacturer of eLiquid in the United States!

AmericaneLiquidStore.com just became the first and ONLY ISO 9001:2008 and cGMP certified manufacturer of eLiquid in the United States.

Now that is the leader in quality! Certifications
    Last edited by ISO_GMP_USA; 12-05-2011 at 07:19 PM.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

They're liquid is expensive and no where on the site is the ingredients listed, trust them if you want too. A laboratory cert is meaningless without knowing what's in the product, after all what are they hiding, remember BE?
    bitey likes this.
    Smoke Free Since September 9, 2009

Retired ECF Forum Manager Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

While I applaud the OP for going the extra mile to get certified, I think the people that frequent this forum are looking for more information. The ISO standards cover a lot of ground, They would probably like to hear what the OP certified in and how that applies to the manufacturing and QC process.

This is an ideal opportunity to address concerns among the community and stand out among your peers. Please consider expanding your information from a press release to a more complete discussion of non proprietary information so that the community can benefit.
    Last edited by oldsoldier; 12-05-2011 at 06:17 PM. Reason: I misread cGMP as gcms. I had testing on my brain

Unregistered Supplier

Thanks oldsoldier! We'd love to answer questions. You had a couple in your post.

1-ISO covers a lot of ground, for sure. It can cover any business in any industry. It certifies a quality management systems not products. That said, it requires the company being certified to address all applicable industry regulations. This is why we integrated GMPs into ISO. In order to be ISO certified we had to have our GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices) audited.

2-The scope of our ISO certification (what the business does) is "design and manufacture of e-liquids for electronic cigarettes and the filling and distribution of related hardware."

Cheers!

TTK
    Super Member ECF Veteran

I have ordered several bottles of e-liquid from AEL and , no, they are not the cheapest e-liquid you can find. But it is very good, IMO. Their VG e-liquid is 100% PG free as stated on the site. They frequently run over production sales where you can get 60 ml bottle for $15, and if it a flavor you like, that makes it a steal for a USA E-liquid. They also have a 30 day money back unconditional guarantee on their e-liquid, even if you simply don't like the flavor you bought. So, I do think they have a lot going for them.

Ω Destroyer Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by ISO_GMP_USA View Post
    We'd love to answer questions
    Well, I have a couple. These apply to not only you but to any other vendors that follow suit with certifying standard work practices. Basically, certifying your working standards does not necessarily guarantee quality in all aspects. I don't mean that as an insult or in any way negative to your business, just mentioning it for discussion Where I work, we have more certifications and standards than any one person can keep track of, but many of them can still be adhered to completely and result in a product that doesn't pass final QC.

On to my questions (and again, this is not just for you and in no way is meant to be an attack, but just something to think about/discuss for all vendors):

Do your standards cover the allowed percentages of potentially hazardous chemicals in the finished product? And which ones?
    Min and max quantities of all non-hazardous components for QC purposes (consistency of product)?
    Do they cover practices concerning hygiene?
    Packaging processes to avoid contamination at that late stage?

These are the sort of things that I think the general vaper wants to know, without giving away trade secrets of course, and I applaud you for implementing standards in this way

That's just my
    Last analog: 2-23-2011

Current Gear: Darwin, SS GGTS #882, Ωpus-D, iHy Illuminati & Pure, Precise ELA, Simplicity 350Ti, Black Copper Stingray #459

TTK
    Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Killjoy1 View Post
    Do your standards cover the allowed percentages of potentially hazardous chemicals in the finished product? And which ones?
    Min and max quantities of all non-hazardous components for QC purposes (consistency of product)?
    Do they cover practices concerning hygiene?
    Packaging processes to avoid contamination at that late stage?

These are the sort of things that I think the general vaper wants to know, without giving away trade secrets of course, and I applaud you for implementing standards in this way
    Exactly. I have asked those questions to all of my e-liquid vendors, including AEL, but I have never received an answer. I usually get more promotional material. Hope you are more successful, but don't hold your breath. If you do get answers that show they address all of those areas, AEL will be the only company I buy any e-liquid from.

TTK
    Super Member ECF Veteran

The silence is deafening, isn't it?

Quantum Vapyre ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I don't see anything about QC, just that the management system meets a set of requirements, and approved by a registrar. The main point of this QC forum is because there have been problems with nicotine levels. What is being done to ensure that the levels are what they say they are?

The liquid is seriously expensive, but if it is always spot on, that is good.

But why does the 60 mg unflavored liquid look so yellow at the top, and colorless at the bottom?
    HUGE 40% Savings on 500 mL DIY eLiquid - 60 mg/mL Nicotine

Perhaps it was not shaken before the photo was taken? Is this liquid being made in the retail bottles from pure nic and PG/VG? It looks like it. I mean this is a steady gradient of increasing yellow, which cannot happen if it is from a well mixed larger batch.

I would test it, but it looks like they only sell one size and nic level for unflavored, and it's out of my price range at the moment. Not sure how much the one reviewer of it did any price comparisons, but I think this is the most expensive e-liquid I have seen anywhere, even on sale.

Hate to be critical, but this is the QC forum, that is what people here want to know about.
    Killjoy1 likes this.
    Deciding not to smoke is one thing. Forgetting to smoke is a different animal altogether.

TTK
    Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    I don't see anything about QC, just that the management system meets a set of requirements, and approved by a registrar. The main point of this QC forum is because there have been problems with nicotine levels. What is being done to ensure that the levels are what they say they are?

The liquid is seriously expensive, but if it is always spot on, that is good.

But why does the 60 mg unflavored liquid look so yellow at the top, and colorless at the bottom?
    HUGE 40% Savings on 500 mL DIY eLiquid - 60 mg/mL Nicotine

Perhaps it was not shaken before the photo was taken? Is this liquid being made in the retail bottles from pure nic and PG/VG? It looks like it. I mean this is a steady gradient of increasing yellow, which cannot happen if it is from a well mixed larger batch.

I would test it, but it looks like they only sell one size and nic level for unflavored, and it's out of my price range at the moment. Not sure how much the one reviewer of it did any price comparisons, but I think this is the most expensive e-liquid I have seen anywhere, even on sale.

Hate to be critical, but this is the QC forum, that is what people here want to know about.
    I don't buy it based on cost comparisons. I buy it because I like it, as I do e-liquids from other vendors. It is actually not as expensive as, say, Totally Wicked's Red Label, for example, and I buy that too. I noticed the same gradient on the liquid on sale, but don't put much concern to that, since you are supposed to shake any liquid before you use it.

I am disappointed that they have not responded to the QC questions put forward. But I am not surprised, just look at the responses to the Manufacturer's QC thread. Completely empty.
    Last edited by TTK; 12-07-2011 at 01:48 AM. Reason: correction
    Killjoy1 likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast