Gotvapes Stardust: How to re-wick and replace the coil - Page 21
Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
Like Tree168Likes

Thread: Gotvapes Stardust: How to re-wick and replace the coil

Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla

zoid have you done a 1.5-2.0 ohm kanthal wrap on one of these stardust and if so how is it with LR ???
    I have no favorites I love them all, but the sexy chicks who sport wild thongs drive me up the wall ;-)
    Support the cause give to CASSA

My 0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by mwa102464 View Post
    zoid have you done a 1.5-2.0 ohm kanthal wrap on one of these stardust and if so how is it with LR ???
    I used this and it came up with 4 loops to be 1.8 ohms.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

My first attempt was a Disaster.

I was so Giddy about actually replacing a Coil/Wick for the First time in my 2 Years of Vaping that I forgot to Burn Off the Wire. Bad Call.

A Very Bad Call. It Tasted Horrible.

On my second attempt, after I wrapped the Wire onto the Wick, I held the New Coil/Wick with Hemostats and plunged it into the Stove Flame for 3 Seconds. That one ohmed at 2.0 ohms in the Stardust and the Taste was Much Better.

The Hit was also what I was looking for on at 3.7 volts. And the Hit at 4.0 volts was Great.
    Big Screen D and Cyrus Vap like this.

Quote Originally Posted by zoiDman View Post
    I used this and it came up with 4 loops to be 1.8 ohms.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

My first attempt was a Disaster.

I was so Giddy about actually replacing a Coil/Wick for the First time in my 2 Years of Vaping that I forgot to Burn Off the Wire. Bad Call.
    FWIW you can get better and cheaper Nichrome80 here.

PnJ Resources, LLC : Nichrome 80

Do your flaming of the wire first, before you even start coiling. Seems to make the wire easier to handle also. You can also flame later again if you like.

These CE2 type atties are a different breed, staying above 2Ω results in better, lesss finicky results for me.
    "The farther backward you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see"

Try searching...

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I just tried to get the case off using the method in this video (pulling in a rocking type motion with battery screwed on). Instead of the case coming off my battery pulled apart.

Is there another way to take the case off without having to use my battery? Thanks

edit: oops I guess this should have been in the "advanced cleaning" thread.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
    FWIW you can get better and cheaper Nichrome80 here.

PnJ Resources, LLC : Nichrome 80

Do your flaming of the wire first, before you even start coiling. Seems to make the wire easier to handle also. You can also flame later again if you like.

These CE2 type atties are a different breed, staying above 2Ω results in better, lesss finicky results for me.
    Thanks WB...

Heating the Wire Red before wrapping and then letting it Air Cool would Anneal the Wire. Making it more Ductile.

Thanks for the Nice Link. I might try some Different Diameters when I get some Extra time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealous View Post
    I just tried to get the case off using the method in this video (pulling in a rocking type motion with battery screwed on). Instead of the case coming off my battery pulled apart.

Is there another way to take the case off without having to use my battery? Thanks

Well, at least you know how to take your Battery Apart Now.

Maybe putting the Stardust in Hot Water Before you attempt to pull the Tube might Help.

Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla

I like doing my coils like this guys does, it's a better way to wrap your wire for sure = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw3Sb...5DHqDD9QmjjYM=
    I have no favorites I love them all, but the sexy chicks who sport wild thongs drive me up the wall ;-)
    Support the cause give to CASSA

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by mwa102464 View Post
    I like doing my coils like this guys does, it's a better way to wrap your wire for sure = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw3Sb...5DHqDD9QmjjYM=
    Good Vid.

Kinda like making a Fishing Fly in Reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by jorge1845 View Post
    Wow! just tried this with ss mesh awesome !!!
    hi jorge, i used an ss mesh on my stardust too and it works good. Only issue i have is something i get this gurgling sound and it leaks a bit until the juice starts to thicken up a bit. Have you ever have this issue as well? I think its because the mesh soaks up too much juice i think

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Yeah i have since stooped using the ss mesh because it does leak a bit, din't have any gurgling problems do.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zealous View Post

a light wiggle on the batt to get it loose then switch to either gripping the metal with your fingers or some pliers covered in electrical tape or something analagous. does the trick for me.

I also have two 'dead' batts that I use for this, so I'm a bit wreckless at times