32g kanthal a1
    32 gauge nr wire
    ody wick

kit

huge center pin stickout

pulled apart

bottom of coil head

you can see where the wires are grabbed on

didnt get a pic of this but to take coil out, you pull the center pin out just grab it with finger nail or tweezers and then pull rubber gasket out also remove silicone top gasket, there is a metal shim in there, dont lose it

this baffled me, no non resistant wire on the tails, this is a problem because the tails will glow since they are wrapped around nothing, burn and melt gasket and you will inhale melted rubber

cut two pieces of ody wick to the length of the stock wick

cut resistance and no resistance wire, i guess on this but if you have a multimeter you can check where you want you resistance

twist nr wire onto r wire

once twisted, twist the remainder of the nr wire onto the part you twisted first

cut excess off and get your two wick together and wrap around it leaving the two "twist knots" of wire at the ends, you wont need a paper clip this wick holds straight pretty good.

positiong wick in coil head and run wires out the bottom and wedge wick in there until it bottoms out on the wick channels

bend neg wire down and keep other in center. it is crucial your positive isnt touching the walls of the chamber, it will short out

slide positive throug gasket and push gasket into place making sure negative is getting smashed by it.

push center pin in to hold positive wire

trim excess wire

screw it onto vivi base and check resistance and for shorts

prime your wick and slide silicone sleeve with metal bushing in there (the one mentioned earlier)

fill

mount

vape

in terms of vapor production, this one destroys the phoenix, in terms of wicking this one is lacking, anything close to 5 volts at 2.5 ohm will give you dry hits, 4.5 volt you will get 5-6 good hits then dry burns, 4 volts dry burns occasionally. overall i like it but i need to solve my dry burn problem. hope it helps, any questions feel free to ask

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Impressive, sir. Most impressive.

Your time taken to do all this must be praised indeed, urquide. You also ended up solving the huge problem of the unknown "plasticky and burned rubber taste" that people were having.

I must ask though, how does it taste ? I was always unlucky with CE2s and their cousins on the juice taste category. They always seemed muted to me compared to atomizers, and hell, even cartomizers.

Again, thank you very much for time invested on such a detailed post.

BTW urqui, what kind of camera did you use for the shots ? They look excellent.
    John D in CT likes this.

ECF Veteran

Thanks nicblazer, it tastes really good. Im spoiled cuzi use my Odysseus but its not bad compared to it. I'm using my evo 3d camera phone. Takes pretty good pics.
    thatick likes this.

ECF Veteran

I rebuilt a atty head with a stainless steal wick and works awesome. The flavor is improved and wicks well at high volts. The stock vivi nova is ok imo but its a modders dream.... easy to rebuild and with that 510 connection I'm sure there will be many more modding ideas.

ECF Veteran

urquidezj, are you still getting dry hits? Was thinking of picking one up to play with, but I've never had luck with CE2 style carts - dry hits with all VG.

ECF Veteran

Meatsneakers, I went ahead and milled a hole on both sides of the bottom edges of the wick slots, two pieces of 2mm ody wick no longer get choked and get zero dry hits, unless I don't pay attention to it when I'm low on the juice, gotta tip it and roll it. Here is a pic.
    AttyPops, Jimi D., Kolki and 1 others like this.

ECF Veteran

Awesome, thanks. Just ordered one.

Moved On Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

What do u guys got for a broken tank? I know wait for the metal ones. Good work. I did the same thing minus the hole. Worked good for a while.
    carcen5 likes this.

Full Member Verified Member vdrum4250's Avatar
    Blog Entries

here is a modification of what the OP did. i added a small piece of mesh to help not burn the wick. seems to get me a very clean taste

Attachment 100233

Page 1 of 75 123451151 ... LastLast