D.i.D atomizer help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: D.i.D atomizer help

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default D.i.D atomizer help

does anyone know if there is a video how to on how to make and excuse me if im saying it wrong but i would like to add a second wick into the refill hole but dont know how to and dont want to cause any shorts just wanted to know if it could be done and would it give me double the vapor leading to a shorter draw just to recap right now my did has a 2-3 wrap where it should be and i would like to add another wick with a 2-3 wrap into the drip hole but also didnt want the n shape where the two wick are connected wanted them separate thanks again and happy vaping
    Last edited by rekeybobby; 08-08-2012 at 05:57 AM.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Second Wick/Coil setup would have a higher resistance since the grounding screw is further from the fill hole...

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rekeybobby View Post
    does anyone know if there is a video how to on how to make and excuse me if im saying it wrong but i would like to add a second wick into the refill hole but dont know how to and dont want to cause any shorts just wanted to know if it could be done and would it give me double the vapor leading to a shorter draw just to recap right now my did has a 2-3 wrap where it should be and i would like to add another wick with a 2-3 wrap into the drip hole but also didnt want the n shape where the two wick are connected wanted them separate thanks again and happy vaping
    Why? Mine vapes like a steam train as it is?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2
    Heavyrocker likes this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by RsK0807 View Post
    Second Wick/Coil setup would have a higher resistance since the grounding screw is further from the fill hole...
    so if it could be done would i be able to vape at 4 volt on my provari

Quote Originally Posted by ricklynchcore View Post
    Why? Mine vapes like a steam train as it is?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2
    mainly for a shorter draw im hoping. i like mines a lot but not a fan a the long draws i have to take other than that its a great device let me also add that this is my first repairable atomizer but from my first wrap i was very happy also gonna save me money in the long run .im a chain vaper and my normal 510 atty didnt make it pass a week im going on two weeks friday on my first wrap

Full Member Verified Member

Default DID Modding

Quote Originally Posted by rekeybobby View Post
    so if it could be done would i be able to vape at 4 volt on my provari

mainly for a shorter draw im hoping. i like mines a lot but not a fan a the long draws i have to take other than that its a great device let me also add that this is my first repairable atomizer but from my first wrap i was very happy also gonna save me money in the long run .im a chain vaper and my normal 510 atty didnt make it pass a week im going on two weeks friday on my first wrap
    btw did you ever find out if it is posable to add a second wick hold to the did or would it short out???

ECF Veteran

theres 2 ground screws but coil lengths and wraps would have to be exactly the same..i have done dual and tripple on phoenix its all safe its gonn a lower a normal 2 ohhm coil to 1 thats the only issue

edit; i think you can run the second wick up and connect to center post and should be grounded from original..but will fire slower and not effective i have donr the upside down horseshoe and have 2 wicks coming up to a single unit and works fine
    Last edited by Royaldrunker; 12-22-2012 at 12:50 AM.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

have had my did for months and have heard alot of tips and tricks, but never heard of doing a dual wick. if you were to do 2 wicks (one in the fill hole) then how would actually fill it? maybe drill another hole? let us know how it works out if you do ,do it

Senior Member ECF Veteran fanatic205's Avatar

Drill another hole directly next to the negative screw, try to space it about the same distance from the negative screw as the original wick hole. Now i dont know about VV as i only use mech mods but going dual coil wraped the same as your single wick is going to make for a cooler vape. You will also find it takes longer for the coils to heat. I was able to get around the cooler vape longer heat up time by going from 32ga to 28ga wire. I found 28GA 3/4 wraps dual coil nets me about .8 ohms and fires fast with massive vapor.

ECF Veteran

What gauge wire are you using?

If you are looking for lots of vapor with a quick sub 2-3second draw then I would suggest running a lower resistance wire(thicker/lower number) and maybe a couple more wraps. You can get that "instant-on" short draw big vapor hit with a single wick/coil.

Lately I am using a 4/5 wrap of 30g A1 giving me a resistance of about 1.1 - 1.4ohms. I run this on my Provari at abou 3.4 - 3.7ohms and I get super clouds of vapor with 2second "double inhale" draws.

This works great for me, just keep in mind with the coil getting hot real quick you might need to tweak yer wick to keep up with coil........
    Last edited by spraintz; 12-22-2012 at 03:42 AM.

ECF Veteran

This is from the DID Thread:
    New Genesis type atomizer by DID!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast