Page 230 of 349 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280330 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 3488
Like Tree1432Likes

Thread: Terminator/Nautilus/Choddy/Oddy Clone Pics, Tip,Tricks and Quirks

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Innocuous View Post
    I have not bothered with the classies at all. No idea what's in there that makes verification and paypal worth the effort, but if folks liked their ody-clones, I would not expect to see them for sale used.
    Just 'cuse you see them being re-sold does not mean that people dont like them. Higher end e-cig gear is one of those markets that is very fluid. People flip gear to buy more gear....and so on.

The key indicator (in most cases) is how well they hold their value, and Terminators hold their value well.

2. Advertisement
    PV Master Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by Innocuous View Post
    I have not bothered with the classies at all. No idea what's in there that makes verification and paypal worth the effort, but if folks liked their ody-clones, I would not expect to see them for sale used.
    Relative to everything else . . . Think about your comment.

- Andy

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I just got Stormy's READY WIRE in.

I ordered 1.8 and 2.8 from them. The price is great at about 0.20 cents per wire. I just installed a 1.8 in my Steam Machine. I really like these no-twist wires, putting an extra wrap of NR around the coils, and not having a KNOT to finagle in the ceramic cup is liberating. My P-Veri is registering 1.9oms

I really wish these were made with Kanthal. The resistance is Nikrothal wire. I have just been using this coil for the past 45 minutes and the taste is not all that great. I have used carto's and atty's before that kinda taste like this, and these usually started to taste better the more they broke in. With Kanthal wire I usually fired them between 4.2 and 4.4 volts at this resistance. With this one, it seems to taste better at 3.8V. When I turn this one up to 4.2 - 4.4, it tastes "kinda" burnt but with out that "after hit" sizzle sound you get when you get a DRY hit.

Actually, this is starting to taste better at this lower 3.8 setting, maybe these need a lower setting than Kanthal.. IDK.
    Has anyone had experience with Nikrothal wire before? I will re-post when this coil breaks in more.

Quote Originally Posted by Technonut View Post
    Anyone use the ready wires from Stormy's? At $8.99 for 50, I thought I'd give them a shot to use until my Kayfun upgrade kit comes in. (I just do not dig making NR / R wires) I'm kinda wary of the Nikrothal... I'll probably torch the piss out of it before wrapping... I also grabbed some Ekowool to try out.. I'm 1000% satisfied with XC-116, but the Ekowool was calling to me...

Ready Wire for coils
    Technonut likes this.

ECF Veteran

Does anyone know which clone this is:

Odysseus/Nautilius Rebuildable Atomizer (Odysseus short mod(c) COV) - VaporBreak

I did not get a chance to read the whole thread yet so my apologies if this has already been posted. I did read that there are two clones and one works better than the other...i'd like to buy this today but am not sure which one it is.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

This is not the good one

ECF Veteran

^thank you.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Fa-Q View Post
    Does anyone know which clone this is:

Odysseus/Nautilius Rebuildable Atomizer (Odysseus short mod(c) COV) - VaporBreak

I did not get a chance to read the whole thread yet so my apologies if this has already been posted. I did read that there are two clones and one works better than the other...i'd like to buy this today but am not sure which one it is.
    It's the Tobeco Oddy clone

ECF Veteran

[QUOTE=dwcraig1;9967248]
    Quote Originally Posted by deezdrama View Post
    So there is clear tanks (not frosted) available for the term-c ?[/QUOTE
    Oddy's Housing -
    The medium set is good all round, not too big, about 4 ml
    #2 in the picture
    #3 has a new window on the way from GR Modders to replace it's broken one, #4 left home a long time ago
    #1 = 23mm, #2 = 27 mm, #3 = 30 mm, #4 = 1-23 mm steel + 1-23 mm plastic (tanks)
    The threaded part on the top snapped off way cleaner than I could have cut it.(#3)
    Last edited by dwcraig1; 07-02-2013 at 07:43 PM.
    crss likes this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by turnforward View Post
    I just got Stormy's READY WIRE in.

I ordered 1.8 and 2.8 from them. The price is great at about 0.20 cents per wire. I just installed a 1.8 in my Steam Machine. I really like these no-twist wires, putting an extra wrap of NR around the coils, and not having a KNOT to finagle in the ceramic cup is liberating. My P-Veri is registering 1.9oms

I really wish these were made with Kanthal. The resistance is Nikrothal wire. I have just been using this coil for the past 45 minutes and the taste is not all that great. I have used carto's and atty's before that kinda taste like this, and these usually started to taste better the more they broke in. With Kanthal wire I usually fired them between 4.2 and 4.4 volts at this resistance. With this one, it seems to taste better at 3.8V. When I turn this one up to 4.2 - 4.4, it tastes "kinda" burnt but with out that "after hit" sizzle sound you get when you get a DRY hit.

Actually, this is starting to taste better at this lower 3.8 setting, maybe these need a lower setting than Kanthal.. IDK.
    Has anyone had experience with Nikrothal wire before? I will re-post when this coil breaks in more.

I received my ready wires today... (1.8 ohm) I torched the R wire before wrapping around a 3mm piece of German silica, and set up the Terminator C rebuildable. I must say I enjoyed this build much better than messing with joining NR R wires. These ready wires are a breeze.

I am using the Oddy / GGTS base on the MKB-TS with the Term. I filled er' up with my DIY Hangsen T5, set the air-control, opened up the juice-conrtol, and it's vaping along very nicely.. The flavor has a slight edge to it over my usual Kanthal builds, but I think it will mellow after a tank or two..
    Last edited by Technonut; 07-02-2013 at 08:31 PM.
    dwcraig1 likes this.

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today"

ECF Veteran

What gauge do you suppose the resistor wire part is on the 1.8 ohm ready wires? or how long between the welds?
    I sure wish they had them in 1.5 ohms
    Last edited by dwcraig1; 07-02-2013 at 08:02 PM.