Genesis atomizer wick set ups
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Genesis atomizer wick set ups

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Genesis atomizer wick set ups

Now before i start this I know this is not a new topic but I figured I would post a thread to avoid endless searching through the forum. Anyway I have a bunch of zen stuff and a couple ihybirds, I've been playing around with different coil and wick setups and I can't seem to get the huge plumes of vapor that I see others getting. On my hybrids I have a thick solid wick with a 3 and a 4 wrap coil, they wick well and I'm getting excellent taste and good vapor but not huge amounts of vapor (vapor is about the same as you would get out of a vivi nova sometimes a tiny bit less). The same goes with the zen's I'm using the small wick with inuslator and 5-6 wraps and the huge vapor isn't there (there is still a good amount of vapor). Now i tried to tilt them different to regulate juice flow cause I thought maybe I was flooding it but that doesn't seem to be the case cause if it doesn't have a slight tilt it tends to give the burnt taste because the wick gets dry. Finally when I first make the wick and wire I do get a large amount of vapor and as time goes on (maybe one tank) it gets less and less (even with fully charged batteries). I have tried to just let the wick and wire go and hopefully it will break in but that never seems to happen. I have also done dry burns to full cleanings hoping that it was just a dirty coil and it helps a little but not enough. So anyway am I doing something wrong, am I getting desired results and I'm just expecting more than what genesis style attys can deliver or do I just have to keep with my wick and wire and eventually it will come around or do I need to try to build a really low resistance coil with a wick that siphons large amounts of juice to it. I am using 100% VG on all juices, and I have tried different resistances with my coil and what I'm at seems to work the best which is around 2 ohms give or take a little. Any help will be much appreciated, thanks.

The Shortest Straw Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

you can try to change the wick guage, what are you using now and
    try rolling an open wick sometimes solid wicks dont wick fast enough. this is especially true with 100 vg.
    Last edited by Thrasher; 12-31-2012 at 05:33 PM.

Semovar - Provari - Roller - Poldiac - Megatron - Nemesis

Ultra Member Supporting Member

I've used both these methods, and both just work and they both work Really well.
    Bluegrasslover's method
    SS Mesh/Cotton hybrid wick

Admin
    Ask The Vets Manager
    Asst Classifieds Manager
    Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Supporting the Rules I agreed to when I joined this Forum

Moved to Rebuildable Atomizer Systems from General E-Smoking Discussion

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Is your air hole lined up good with your coil? If it is, it might be the size of the air hole. To me I usually find the gennys to be on the airy side of what I like. If I force myself to take slower easier draws I get a lot more vapor than if I take my usual hard fast draw. Take a look at Scott's reviews of some of the genny attys and pay attention to how long the draws are he takes. They are much longer than what I normally do, also he does more of a mouth hit and then inhale, I tend to do direct lung hits. You wouldn't think how you hit an atty would make that much difference but you'll be surprised when you try it differently. Here are Scott's genesis atty reviews, he also does some on hybrids:
    Genesis Atomisers

ECF Veteran

Air equals vapor. Gotta get that airhole nice and lined up. unloaded is also right, how ya inhale will definitely determine vapor production. I have always done a mouth draw and then inhale. I have since changed to what I call a "double inhale"......draw into the mouth, quick inhale while taking a second draw into mouth and then inhale the second and then exhale......takes some practice but ya get tons of vapor. Warning, this can be a lung killer....I had to back down fro 24mg to 16.

also, it depends on how you want yer vapor......quick or slow? I have fallen in love with a sub-3second draw with tons of vapor........to do it i had to make 1ohm - 1.3ohm coils. you will have to adjust how you make yer wicks to keep up with it but it is awesome.

ECF Veteran

If you puff on your PV like you used to smoke ....mouth inhale....switch to a lung inhale.....basically inhale slowly right into your lungs .....you can make it a long inhale and when you exhale you will see the huge plumes. I was playing around trying to be like the big boys and discovered this.

ECF Veteran

Thanks guys, I was taking really long hits like 20 second direct lung hits and the smoke wasn't there, don't get me wrong it was a large amount but not the huge plumes. So I decided to try what unloaded said and i started playing around with the air hole, it appeared to me that it was dead on with the line up but apparently i must have been off a little cause after some fooling around the smoke production became greater and greater. The ihybrid however didn't seem to go as well so i put a 2.5ohm coil on it and kicked it at 9.5watts and its working pretty well, I wanted to stay away from the kick cause i think its unnecessary if the coil and wick are built right but it seems like my only option right not until I find the perfect set up. Also I tried what everyone said and lowed down my inhale even more to almost nothing and that seemed to improve things a little too. Thanks again, I really appreciate the help from everybody I still need to learn a lot more but I'm pretty happy with how things are now.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

i have always had better results with a very low resistance. i have tried every resistance configuration possible. for me, by far the thickest and most vapor comes from 28g, and under 1 ohm of resistance. my usual set-up is 3/4 or 4/5 wrap on my DID & ac-9 @ 0.09 ohms and 3.5 volts. i use all my gennys with this set-up on my provari and omega. i believe it also delivers the vapor alot quicker as well.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by vapdivrr View Post
    i have always had better results with a very low resistance. i have tried every resistance configuration possible. for me, by far the thickest and most vapor comes from 28g, and under 1 ohm of resistance. my usual set-up is 3/4 or 4/5 wrap on my DID & ac-9 @ 0.09 ohms and 3.5 volts. i use all my gennys with this set-up on my provari and omega. i believe it also delivers the vapor alot quicker as well.
    I for one have been pretty much following your lead, everything's working real good, just wrap'em and vape'em not much fiddling around anymore

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast