Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Xamicon

Thread: Running Innokin iClear 16 Dual Coil with one coil removed

Full Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member

Default Running Innokin iClear 16 Dual Coil with one coil removed

I have a 2 ohm iClear 16. I accidentally pulled one of the wicks out, and couldn't get it back in. This coil burned red-hot instantly every time I fired. I pulled the coil out with the understanding that in parallel, like the iClears, 2 ohms dual coil makes 4 ohms if one coil is removed. It seems to work wonderfully at 5.4v (7.2w assuming 4 ohms) with no burned taste at all. My question is, am I at risk of burning out my battery (KGO-VV) or causing myself physical harm?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

You should be good to go, assuming you like the vape. The more you increase the resistance of your atty, the more you decrease the stress on your battery.

Verified Member

Thanks! I LOVE the vape, nice and warm, and REALLY rich! When my other 2 iClears get a little older, I'll yank a coil out of those too! I'm loving vaping at 5.4V!

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I am curious to know how it is not flooding with the coil/wick removed, because there is a slot there where the juice would go in.
    Faithfully Vaping Tasty Vapor: Favorite Juices: Lemon Pound Cake - Irsh Cream - Ultimate Vanilla - Tasty Finger.
    Other Favorites: MM Radiator Pluid, HHV - Legend, Shadow,Vanilla Dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Xamicon View Post
    ...I pulled the coil out with the understanding that in parallel, like the iClears, 2 ohms dual coil makes 4 ohms if one coil is removed. It seems to work wonderfully at 5.4v (7.2w assuming 4 ohms)
    Why do any assuming? There are many meters that can be had for $5 that suit our needs.
    "The farther backward you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see"

Try searching...

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
    Why do any assuming? There are many meters that can be had for $5 that suit our needs.
    i just got an mvp myself and these clearos were included...havent tried them yet but i think the bigger quesiton is...what knucklehead at innokin built this device without a built in ohm meter? instead we get a puff counter? what is the point of that?

Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispixx View Post
    I am curious to know how it is not flooding with the coil/wick removed, because there is a slot there where the juice would go in.
    This is a fair question. It flooded a lot until I filled the slots with a dab of hot glue. I don't know the long term effects of vaping hot glue, so don't do it. I just kept it upright before the glue, and didn't overfill. Worked great.

Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
    I'm a poor (cheap) ....

Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by the_vape_nerd View Post
    i just got an mvp myself and these clearos were included...havent tried them yet but i think the bigger quesiton is...what knucklehead at innokin built this device without a built in ohm meter? instead we get a puff counter? what is the point of that?
    The clearos are great. I think the best and only real use for the puff counter is to find out how many puffs we can get per charge. AKA, pretty much useless. As far as knuckleheads go, they're pretty smart sales-wise. You buy V1, love it but want an ohm meter, then V2 has an ohm meter. You buy it, they make two sales per person rather than just one...
    JonnyB88 likes this.