EkoWool for wicks - Page 2
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: EkoWool for wicks

i have de ecowool and i like it very much the flavour is better it wicks faster and it works easy
    it is flat not round and de wires are woven

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I went ahead and ordered some ecowool yesterday from Cloud9 to try out. Kinda on the expensive side with shipping the US but I really wanted to get my hands on this asap. If I get the same results as others then I will be pleased. I plan on using it in my Terminator and Drunker to start with. If possible I would like to try to use it as a sleeve around a small mesh wick in my mini DID.
    V4L 808 | Cisco Laser Mod | StompBox | Sparkplug | VMod | Infinity Pro | Mini DID | Z-Atty-U| AIO 808 | GGTS | Ithaka

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Section1 View Post
    I went ahead and ordered some ecowool yesterday from Cloud9 to try out. Kinda on the expensive side with shipping the US but I really wanted to get my hands on this asap. If I get the same results as others then I will be pleased. I plan on using it in my Terminator and Drunker to start with. If possible I would like to try to use it as a sleeve around a small mesh wick in my mini DID.
    Keep us updated. I blew my vape budget on something else.

Vape Geek Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

@Section1: Yes, please keep us posted. One way or another I want to get some of this stuff to compare with the industrial wicks I just got from McMaster Carr.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Since it is hollow, I would think that maybe some cotton stuffed inside would be better than SS, since it inherently soaks up more fluid and the sleeve would insulate it from the heat from the coil. That would be the way I would try it.

@section1, how much did it end up to get it shipped to you?

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

My intent is try various "sleeve" type wicking (including Ekowool) around a piece of 3/32 7x7 SS wire rope in my AGA T2 as being explored in another thread. The SS rope supposedly wicks extremely well, rather than going through the whole oxidizing thing some are just slipping a small piece of silica or ceramic sleeve just over the portion of the rope that the Kanthal coil covers, ie just about a 1/2" to cover the cable extending above the top deck of the AGA. The beauty is ZERO shorting problems. The sleeve serves as an insulator while the wire rope handles the bulk of the wicking. The SS wire rope has outperformed mesh in its capillary ability by a long shot. Many types of rope were tried and its seems that "7x7" construction performed the best.
    tegana likes this.

ECF Veteran

Wire rope you say, I am new to the genni game, so to speak, forgive my lack of knowledge

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Yes, it really caught my attention. Check out this thread on it. I got my rope here. I got some of all three sizes to play with various RBAs. I got it in yesterday, but I wont be able to play with it until Sunday, I am excited about it though. The whole "oxidation" thing is a royal PITA.......

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mikepetro View Post
    Yes, it really caught my attention. Check out this thread on it. I got my rope here. I got some of all three sizes to play with various RBAs. I got it in yesterday, but I wont be able to play with it until Sunday, I am excited about it though. The whole "oxidation" thing is a royal PITA.......
    This stuff does work well,i do not use the wire rope i get the Ceramic rope from them here

McMaster-Carr .It works well on my terminator-c.I will have to pick up some of there wire rope to use for my gene atty's.Thanks i did not know they had wire rope.
    iTaste MVP>Terminator-C>Hornet>Igo-W>Legacy>LavaTube 2.5>RSST>Satin ELA>Immortalizer>Helios>Russian 91%>Ballistic>Taifun GT>Aqua>Big Nasty>Hana V3>XPV DNA30>Launcher V2>Hades V3>Nucleus>GUS Lord>TGT Dripper

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Total was 27.85 GBP which was 43.37 US for me to get the ekowool with shipping. I ordered 1 piece of 3mm and 2mm to try. Those were the only sizes in stock yesterday.
    V4L 808 | Cisco Laser Mod | StompBox | Sparkplug | VMod | Infinity Pro | Mini DID | Z-Atty-U| AIO 808 | GGTS | Ithaka

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast