Like Tree50Likes

Thread: EkoWool for wicks

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

so how much better is it than standard silica/

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Im confused now..

Isn't ekowool manufacturing silica braided wicks? Latest posts are about wire rope and ceramic sleeves...

Vape Geek Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by t8kiteasy View Post
    You said you only have two strands untwisted,did you order the smallest rope 1/4' x 5"?
    Uggh, no, I didnt get the 1/4" one, where did you find it? 3/8 was the smallest I saw on this page. I got the loosely twisted style.

Now I have a bunch of Mods, a bunch of RBAs, and plenty of Nic in the freezer...
    No going back to smoking for me!

Vape Geek Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dnerve View Post
    Im confused now..

Isn't ekowool manufacturing silica braided wicks? Latest posts are about wire rope and ceramic sleeves...
    Hehe, yes, the topic drifted quite a bit. Ekowool is still a topic of interest though, do you have experience with it?

Now I have a bunch of Mods, a bunch of RBAs, and plenty of Nic in the freezer...
    No going back to smoking for me!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mikepetro View Post
    Uggh, no, I didnt get the 1/4" one, where did you find it? 3/8 was the smallest I saw on this page. I got the loosely twisted style.
    1/4 is on the page they are all grouped together by width,length(either in feet,or by spool)so 1/4' would be on the first one to select.I got 3/8' too so i am not sure why yours is so much thinner mine is twisted with 4 strands.

Yea sorry i think i am the one that drove this thread off the original topic,did not do this on purpose,just a responce to one of the posts about a certain wick,sorry.
    iTaste MVP>Terminator-C>Hornet>Igo-W>Legacy>LavaTube 2.5>RSST>Satin ELA>Immortalizer>Helios>Russian 91%>Ballistic>Taifun GT>Aqua>Big Nasty>Hana V3>XPV DNA30>Launcher V2>Hades V3>Nucleus>GUS Lord>TGT Dripper

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Hehe, yes, the topic drifted quite a bit. Ekowool is still a topic of interest though, do you have experience with it?
    No need to apologize.

I've tried contacting ekowool with no success and I'd like to find some at a reasonable price but no success thus far...:s
    Last edited by Dnerve; 03-25-2013 at 11:56 PM.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

So my EKO Wool arrived today from Cloud 9. I did try it out in a A8 that I needed to rewick and never has worked well for me using standard silica or cotton. I used the 2mm and wrapped a 1.7 ohm coil around the Eco Wool and filled the tank. So far it is working great and much better than anything I have tried in it before.

I've been getting good vapor and flavor so far. Wicking speed of the wick is great and no dry hits. I'm impressed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    tomster64 likes this.
    V4L 808 | Cisco Laser Mod | StompBox | Sparkplug | VMod | Infinity Pro | Mini DID | Z-Atty-U| AIO 808 | GGTS | Ithaka

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I did some more testing/messing/playing around and rewicked my Terminator but by that time I was getting tired and I wasn't having much luck and basically struggled through it. I was surprised that it did fire up and is every bit as good as my previous builds with a standard 2 mm twisted silica. I did also use it as a sleeve on some wire rope and but it in my mini DID to see how that would work.

One thing about this Ekowool is it likes to unravel. Any handling at all will make it worse. I did take a piece and torch it until it several times and that did stiffen it up and slowed down the unraveling. Torching it didn't seem to hurt it any or discolor it. I didn't notice any funny smells when heating it either, kinda glowed white.

It is hollow in the middle and pushing it together will increase its size. That is what I did to get a piece of SS wire rope in the middle of it. The sleeve runs the whole length of the wire and seems to work well also. Actually amazingly well, really keeps up with heavy vaping, great flavor and no hot spot problems. Plus easy to set up. Hope some of this makes some sense.
    V4L 808 | Cisco Laser Mod | StompBox | Sparkplug | VMod | Infinity Pro | Mini DID | Z-Atty-U| AIO 808 | GGTS | Ithaka

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

This is how the Ekowool looks with a wire rope in the center.

It slid right into my mini DID and 'so far' is working out great for me. I torched it after I slid the Ekowool on the as rope and it held together well.

I'll give it some time and see how it holds up.

Last edited by Section1; 03-29-2013 at 12:44 PM.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

This is how the Ekowool looks with a wire rope in the center.

It slid right into my mini DID and 'so far' is working out great for me.

I'll give it some time and see how it holds up.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast