Thread: AGA-T2 First Build

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default AGA-T2 First Build

Well, it didn't do perfect, but not too bad for the first build. The kit from MyVaporStore only gave me barely enough wire, and I didn't get the coil quite right, but it turned at 2.4Ω, and vapes OK. I will have to get some Kanthal from ebay. I don't know what gauge they sent me.

I would appreciate help on what happens when the wire is twisted. I believe it reduces the OHM's, but I'm not sure.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you
    want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

2. Advertisement
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Twisting lowers the resistance. I'm not sure of the specifics. Or you can just buy lower gauge wire, like 30 or 28. The wire is thicker, less hot spots IMHO, and gives you lower ohms but you can cover the same surface area of the coil. I use 30g for gennies on my VW mods and 28 on my mechanicals.

ECF Veteran

Thanks. Yes, I know twisting lowers resistance. I don't know the gauge wire that was sent with the kit (guessing 32 ga), so I guess I will get different gauge wire to play around with. I'm having to order more wire because the kit only has enough for one wrap. I have a hot spot I couldn't get rid of.

Quote Originally Posted by michliu View Post
    Twisting lowers the resistance. I'm not sure of the specifics. Or you can just buy lower gauge wire, like 30 or 28. The wire is thicker, less hot spots IMHO, and gives you lower ohms but you can cover the same surface area of the coil. I use 30g for gennies on my VW mods and 28 on my mechanicals.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you
    want, is strong enough to take everything you have."