SmokTech RSST Genesis Rebuildable Atomizer - Page 50
Page 50 of 85 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
Like Tree410Likes

Thread: SmokTech RSST Genesis Rebuildable Atomizer

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Gummy Bare View Post
    I've got 4 RSST atomizers and love them. But I'm curious about the differances in the plastic tanks that come with them. One of my first RSST's I got had a foggy colored tank that is kinda textured when you rub your hand over it. It's pretty much the same kinda tank that comes with the terminator-c atomizer sold by RH.

The other of my RSST's have a whiter colored plastic tank that's smooth to the touch. It also doesn't seem to match the outside diameter of the metal of the attys as well as the frosted textured one does.

I really like the frosted textured tank far more than the smooth one. I'm wondering if anyone knows where to get some of the frosted kinda tanks, or who sells the RSST's with them... or even why there's two different style tanks?

The frosted textured one I do have was the first RSST I ever got.... maybe they don't maker the one I want at all anymore?

Not really sure.
    The tank material was changed a while back. The earlier ones tended to crack, with certain juices. The newer whitish ones are less likely to crack.
    There are those who make things happen. There are those who watch things happen. There are those who will ask: "What the heck just happened?"

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

FWIW, I've got one of the "old" tanks and it's been full of Murdock's 710 for about a week now and it's
    not cracking or doing anything funky.....
    There's no citrus or cinnamon or anything that SHOULD crack a tank in 710 anyway.....I'm just sayin'......

Quote Originally Posted by Rule62 View Post
    The tank material was changed a while back. The earlier ones tended to crack, with certain juices. The newer whitish ones are less likely to crack.

ECF Veteran

I love the old tanks so much better.... they look better, feel better, and actually fit better. They line up with the diameter of the metal top and bottom of the atty. Sure wish they'd bring them back.

:: sent from android with tapatalk ::

Anyone has picture of old and new revision of rsst side by side? I bought 1 last week and wanna know what revision that I have.

This will be my first SS wick atty.
    I got a nasty metallic taste off of my first SS atomizer (iClear 30) I made it vapable by changing to a plastic tip.
    Vision eternity doesn't give me that taste so I think it was just that particular tip, but I have been dreading that I'll get the metal taste from SS mesh wick. Is that common?

I'm thinking silica wick may make this vapable for me and the earlier posts in this thread indicate that it works.
    Has anybody tried a silica U wick using both holes and dual coils one on each leg of the U?

Re' tank types:
    I think the newer tanks are polypropylene, so in theory they should be less likely to get eaten by known tank cracker juices. They may not hold their shape as well as other plastics though.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Rod J View Post
    This will be my first SS wick atty.
    I got a nasty metallic taste off of my first SS atomizer (iClear 30) I made it vapable by changing to a plastic tip.
    Vision eternity doesn't give me that taste so I think it was just that particular tip, but I have been dreading that I'll get the metal taste from SS mesh wick. Is that common?

I'm thinking silica wick may make this vapable for me and the earlier posts in this thread indicate that it works.
    Has anybody tried a silica U wick using both holes and dual coils one on each leg of the U?

Re' tank types:
    I think the newer tanks are polypropylene, so in theory they should be less likely to get eaten by known tank cracker juices. They may not hold their shape as well as other plastics though.
    From what I've read here, "Any metallic taste has to do with poor wicking"

The RSST is very forgivable in this regards, with its large 3mm wick hole. I'm using a 2.5mm diameter 7x19 SS cable/rope as a wick. It wicks well enough that I don't need to tilt the RSST past the 4 o'clock when vaping even when it's near empty.
    Rod J likes this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by gold1304 View Post
    Anyone has picture of old and new revision of rsst side by side? I bought 1 last week and wanna know what revision that I have.
    This is a really bad picture... but the new one is on the left, the old style I really like is on the right. Same style of plastic and frosted finish they use for the terminator-c if you got one of those.

Juice Maker Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Wow, such a great thread! I've watched the vids and read the posts, then, for luck, stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night, and built my first RSST coil this morning. Surprisingly, worked as advertised and did improve over the first tank. On second tank now and must say, Oh my, where have you been my whole vaping life? Thanks a lot guys. Now hooked to some degree on RBA's. Here we go again...Vaping just keeps getting better and better. My gratitude and appreciation. Best...
    Three were given to the Elves, immortal, wisest, and fairest of all beings. Seven to the Dwarf lords, great miners and craftsmen of the mountain halls. And nine, nine Rings were gifted to the race of Men, who above all else, desire variable power.

PV Master ECF Veteran Heavyrocker's Avatar

This tank rocks man,i have the AGA t2 and i can tell the difference in performance,that insulator in the wick hole should be in all tanks,the AGA just sucks power from the batts.Best wicks for this RSST is the SS cable,it so easy too setup,a 5 year old could do it,and i am not kidding.The new Richmond tank is the nest best thing too the RSST.
    Last edited by Heavyrocker; 07-31-2013 at 07:34 PM.

Hana DNA 20,Paps,Nemisis,Sentinal ,M16,Private,Vamo,Natural,Poldiac,Caravela,Trident,Kraken,PVD Magma,RSST,KFL,2 Puffs Drip Tips.

In the meantime..... Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by billbeckusa View Post
    Wow, such a great thread! I've watched the vids and read the posts, then, for luck, stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night, and built my first RSST coil this morning. Surprisingly, worked as advertised and did improve over the first tank. On second tank now and must say, Oh my, where have you been my whole vaping life? Thanks a lot guys. Now hooked to some degree on RBA's. Here we go again...Vaping just keeps getting better and better. My gratitude and appreciation. Best...
    Hehehe, could have just asked me Bill!
    Bill's Magic Vapor likes this.