Safe minimum ohms for 18650 AW IC Li-ion 3100mAh on Silver Bullet

Thread: Safe minimum ohms for 18650 AW IC Li-ion 3100mAh on Silver Bullet

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Default Safe minimum ohms for 18650 AW IC Li-ion 3100mAh on Silver Bullet

Ive recently been trying out the IGO-L RBA on my 3.7v Silver Bullet.

Read some conflicting opinions on just how low a coil I can safely use without draining or damaging this type of battery.
    Are the mAh an issue at all? Seem to remember reading somewhere that a very high mAh (mine being 3100) is a factor in some respects?

Using 30g Kanthal A1 wire with cotton wicks and my analog meter is showing about 0.5ohm with 4/5 wraps.
    On a side note I built 3 coils yesterday; a 5 wrap a 7 wrap and a 3 wrap - all came in at the same ohms reading of about .5
    I think this $15 GE 2527 analog meter is crap!?

Thanks
    It's all about the Juice.......
    Provari, Silver Bullet, Vamo, innokin VV3, eGo's. IBTanks, io6s, EVODS , RBA's and Aroma ejuice.
    Visit me at -http://thevaperstable.com/

Registered Supplier - Offline ECF Veteran pdib's Avatar

Not liking this. Get to know your battery! You want to know "maximum continuous discharge" rate in amps. You want to know the "C" rating; from which you can calculate Max. Discharge (if m.c.d. isn't listed). You need to know what your resistance is. Yep, either you need a better metering device, or to make sure you know how to check resistance. What reading do you get if you simply touch the meter leads together? (to each other, no device/atty).

.5Ω is pushing it for some batteries (many) & if your battery isn't IMR, it could explode. Is your battery protected? (I haven't researched it just to answer your question, sorry)

Lastly, check here for what amperage your drawing on a specific build; Ohm's and Joule's Law Calculator

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

you also have the issue of the Silver Bullet not being a mechanical device...

so in addition to possible catastrophic battery failure...

you could have catastrophic mod failure as well(not nearly as bad, but still not good)

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Good question even though im not going to be messing around with any weird RBA builds some people will be. If only we could all be electrical engineers or whatever battery nerds are! I never imagined the complexities involved but to keep it simple I just use a Ohm checker that i screw on to. I check one every time a crack it it out onew or from storage to be sure what it is. And they change over time. If it still tastes good and performs well they last a looong time! So sometimes i check them again. Just in case somebody is lurking is only reason why i post
    Done riding for awhile. ( Equine )

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Appreciate the comments but as it turns out my multimeter is bad.
    Off to Home Depot.
    It's all about the Juice.......
    Provari, Silver Bullet, Vamo, innokin VV3, eGo's. IBTanks, io6s, EVODS , RBA's and Aroma ejuice.
    Visit me at -http://thevaperstable.com/