"The Russian" Kayfun Clone - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: "The Russian" Kayfun Clone

Valar Morghulis Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Everyone mentions terminator pricing ( a good example for a nicely machined clone), the thing that actually makes the terminator worth it though...parts availability. Not many clones have that, I'd wait and see on this for if it works and if there are parts available.
    classwife>kevbow

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Fury83 View Post
    Everyone mentions terminator pricing ( a good example for a nicely machined clone), the thing that actually makes the terminator worth it though...parts availability. Not many clones have that, I'd wait and see on this for if it works and if there are parts available.
    Getting spare parts for most of the popular originals can be like finding hen's teeth also... Mostly months of waiting for small batches to arrive, and a mad F5 session when they do...
    Hock A Lugie likes this.

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today"

Valar Morghulis Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Technonut View Post
    Getting spare parts for most of the popular originals can be like finding hen's teeth also... Mostly months of waiting for small batches to arrive, and a mad F5 session when they do...
    In my experience, that depends on which particular parts you are looking for.
    classwife>kevbow

Retired & Squonking It Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I have been waiting for the Odysseus V2 MT cap. Hopefully, I'll get a notification from COV, soon.

- Andy

​*** Keep Your Wicks Wet & Warm - Andy ***

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Personally, I wonder if SvoeMesto (sp) is cloning their own product? They win both ways, with the original (genuine) Kayfun and their own knockoff.

ECF Veteran

Maybe this is the SvoeMesto Kayfun that's being made in Russia, since the original is being made in Germany?
    JCB1 likes this.

ECF Veteran

DaFreek, I tend to agree. Kayfun is Russian designed, German engineered; maybe the Russians just getting around to trying to engineer their own design

ECF Veteran

What bothers me is that there are no infos about this on the internet. Only speculations...aaaaaargh
    Pbusardo got one, Todd got one, igetcha69 refused to review it, that's all I know.

sent from my phone

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Personally, I wonder if SvoeMesto (sp) is cloning their own product? They win both ways, with the original (genuine) Kayfun and their own knockoff.
    highly unlikely, looking at the close up pics there is no way SM would release such poorly finished parts and pressfit tubes, if they were making it themselves, im sure they would expect the same quality. now i wouldnt put it past a couple rogue employees doing it.

Maybe this is the SvoeMesto Kayfun that's being made in Russia, since the original is being made in Germany?

Idoubt it, just becuase its called "the russian" there is no proof its made anywhere near there.

until i get my kayfun i dont own anything from them but i have seen and held enough of their gear and the machining and fit is superb.
    Last edited by Thrasher; 06-26-2013 at 02:05 AM.
    Hock A Lugie likes this.

Semovar - Provari - Roller - Poldiac - Megatron - Nemesis

Senior Member Verified Member

ok I doubt this is made in russia. I think it's made in China. Thats just a guess but c'mon. "The Russian"

I doubt fit and finish is going to be as nice as the kayfuns. if it's on par with the quality of the terminator i believe this is going to be a win. if it's a complete clone that would be awesome so I can buy spare parts for my kayfun.

I refuse to pay intl shipping to insulators LOL
    slickerxcuh likes this.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast