"The Russian" Kayfun Clone - Page 8
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 114
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: "The Russian" Kayfun Clone

  1. #71
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Moonwalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    1,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JCB1 View Post
    ok, looks like it's cleared up. The "Russian" is a china clone and the Kayfun Lite is the Russian/German response to it? Goes on sale tomorrow @ Cloud9 vaping
    Yup, Kayfun Lite is genuine SvoeMesto.




  2. #72
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Technonut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    3,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonwalker View Post
    Yup, Kayfun Lite is genuine SvoeMesto.



    Don't bother me a bit... I'm a 50 year old American... The Russians can either ramp-up production / availability, and offer the same unit at a price- point comparable to the clone, or as a consumer, I will buy the clone. Why would I want a "Lite" version??
    Last edited by Technonut; 06-28-2013 at 02:24 PM.
    rojo likes this.


    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today"

  3. #73
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Moonwalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    1,302

    Default

    Why wouldn't? It is 75 euro and for us who don't pay VAT it is 63 euro. I already reserved one.

    Also, I would always buy little bit higher priced original than little bit cheaper clone. It is not because it makes me any difference and I will feel more important owning original, it is because someone invested his time and mind in creating that product. It is easy to clone, why don't they come up with their own ideas?

    If clone was half price of original, than I would probably buy it.
    Hock A Lugie likes this.

  4. #74
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Technonut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    3,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonwalker View Post
    Why wouldn't? It is 75 euro and for us who don't pay VAT it is 63 euro. I already reserved one.

    Also, I would always buy little bit higher priced original than little bit cheaper clone. It is not because it makes me any difference and I will feel more important owning original, it is because someone invested his time and mind in creating that product. It is easy to clone, why don't they come up with their own ideas?

    If clone was half price of original, than I would probably buy it.

    I'm speaking of the price "The Russian" can be obtained through a CoOp... $65.00 USD is a far cry less expensive than we can purchase a Kayfun 3.1 for... Hell, it's still a bargain at $114.00. Your point is noted though, and I respect your views...

    As for the makers / designers.. AFAIC, they go into this knowing it's more or less open-source. Even Imeo (Of GG fame) stated numerous times he does not care about the clones.. He has no patent on his devices, and the cost to do so would be VERY expensive..

    The makers / designers of quality gear will ALWAYS have their loyal customer base.. These clones when manufactured with quality, serve to put quality vape gear into the hands of the majority of us who do not enjoy being on months-long waiting lists, at an affordable cost..
    Last edited by Technonut; 06-28-2013 at 03:28 PM.
    madicen likes this.


    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today"

  5. #75
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    rojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Johnson City, TN
    Posts
    1,154

    Default

    Is anyone running a co-op for the Russian yet?

  6. #76
    On the Snap... Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    9ball_AJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    "...luck plays a part in nine ball...But for some, luck itself is an art."
    Posts
    3,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    Is anyone running a co-op for the Russian yet?
    I have only seen interest posts, but if anyone knows of an active CoOp, please pm a link

  7. #77
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Moonwalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    1,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Technonut View Post
    These clones when manufactured with quality, serve to put quality vape gear into the hands of the majority of us who do not enjoy being on months-long waiting lists, at an affordable cost..
    I was lucky regarding that. Only thing I have waited is Ithaka. My first GG purchase was GGTS and UFS... I found preorder 2 days before end and in that period Imeo had less work so they were delivered after 20 days.

    I bought Ody when e-smokeguru opened new website... he saved couple of all GG products and then put them on sale for reopening as a gift... I cought one and it was in my hands after 7 days.

    And regarding Kayfuns, I decided to buy them two days ago. Went to Intaste.de and signed up for notifications because it was out of stock. Yesterday morning I was at work and notification came. I put them in cart, paid for them and later that day they were shipped. I expect them in my hands no longer than wednesday or thursday.

  8. #78
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Technonut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    3,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    Is anyone running a co-op for the Russian yet?
    I have contacted the manufacturer (vendor) for a quote on 25 units, but haven't heard anything yet.. With the new CoOp rules on ECF, (quite understandably, given the couple of rip-offs there) I can't run it even for 25 units... We need a CoOp vet willing to conduct one.
    rojo and dwcraig1 like this.


    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today"

  9. #79
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Atlantisboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    800

    Default

    I would be interested in a co op, if anybody knows of one please pm me thanks.

  10. #80
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    dwcraig1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Imperial Beach, California
    Posts
    4,233

    Default

    The "Lite" goes on sale at Cloud 9 tomorrow, I gotta say I'm tempted but I had a 3.1 and sold it because....
    well lets just say my Term's work real well.
    The simplicity of using a Kayfun and the machining are just great, I can't say anything bad about them

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Bookmarks