Anyone found a good place to buy Ekowool/Silica wick?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By anavidfan

Thread: Anyone found a good place to buy Ekowool/Silica wick?

Senior Member Verified Member

Default Anyone found a good place to buy Ekowool/Silica wick?

So, the title kinda says it all. 2 days into using silica and I prefer it leaps and bounds over SS mesh. I'm not going to argue this or that and pros and cons, because that's a finite fact and preferences are preferences.

That being said, does anyone have a preferred vendor for Silica and/or Ekowool?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I buy ekowool & xc-116 ceramic wick online from Big Tex Vapor. I don't know how they compare to other vendors price wise, but they usually have both in stock.
    "Try not! Do or do not, there is no try" Yoda

Senior Member Verified Member

What do you think of the xc-116? Is there a significant factor that justifies the price? Longevity, performance, heat resistance? I'm open to new wicking systems other than ss mesh and cotton

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    a-mod zna ~ nemesis ~ kfl+v2 ~ orchid v4 ~ pallas ~ tobh ~ IGO-S
    kiddchris.com ~ btls.com

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Kidney Puncher is pretty cheap for Ekowool

meshugenah Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Evans View Post
    Kidney Puncher is pretty cheap for Ekowool
    While I prefer US vendors to Ebay, and am willing to pay a reasonable premium to keep the US vendors in business, Kidney Puncher is literally double the price of the Ebay seller, and that's including shipping from Europe.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

According to Ekowool's website they have realized that us vapers are using the stuff. It says on their website they are now accepting paypal for purchase from "E-Smokers". I don't know if they still have a minimum order requirement but I thought I'd throw it out there. They did also say it would come direct from their factory in Poland or Russia.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Mr wicks on Ebay is in TX so its still going to US vendor. Its great stuff and very reasonable. If you order from EKOWool direct, from what I read there it seems that the min order is 120? I dont know how much they send and how much the shipping is. Might be a good deal if you split the order with a few people. Maybe someone can do a co-op.

Ive been using it for a few days, as far as any large difference i cant really taste or see any larger production in vapour either. What I do like is that it is a very tidy wick. NOt as much fraying, actually except for the cut ends its very sturdy. It can take a lot of torching.

I usually use good silica from Vaporbase that comes from Germany and its great stuff and sturdy but it does start to age faster.
    markdm4805 likes this.
    "me, I'm on the side of the Angels............ but the Devil is my best friend"

I mainly use German double-twisted silica that I get from RTDVapor for $1 per foot. Taste, performance, and durability is just way better than standard silica. Just ordered some Ekowool from SteamMonkey to try.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2