Favorite Coil setup + Favorite RBA/RDA
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Favorite Coil setup + Favorite RBA/RDA

Default Favorite Coil setup + Favorite RBA/RDA

I just got into the RBA scene last friday and i dont see why i have never bothered trying it. Smoothis hits, biggest clouds, and best taste i have ever had from an ecig. Im currently running an RSST on a Smoktech Natural Mod mechanical. I also have an iGo-l but i find the drip is so obnoxious. I run on just a basic coil setup with my RSST with a 400 ss mesh wick. In your opinion whats uour favorite coil setup and favorite RBA/RDA? Pics welcome of your setups Favorite Coil setup + Favorite RBA/RDA-imageuploadedbytapatalk1372883561.927182.jpg

RSST.... on the Natural (or any mechanical mod), I perfer 28 awg 2/3 wrap. this gives about 0.7 to 0.8 ohm. On a regulated device, I prefer 30 awg 2/3 wrap. This gives about 1.1 to 1.2 ohm. #400 or #500 mesh both is good.

Senior Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I've only got "low end" gear to play with but I'm loving this setup. A natural and an Igo L. 1/16th micro coil at 1.6 ohm with 30 ga and cotton wick. Favorite Coil setup + Favorite RBA/RDA-img_20130703_173907_725.jpgFavorite Coil setup + Favorite RBA/RDA-img_20130703_173950_100.jpg
    REOfanatic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Amish3006 View Post
    I've only got "low end" gear to play with but I'm loving this setup. A natural and an Igo L. 1/16th micro coil at 1.6 ohm with 30 ga and cotton wick. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130703_173907_725.jpg 
Views:	1622 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	227307Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130703_173950_100.jpg 
Views:	2223 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	227308
    I like. I had that exact setup minus the micro two weeks ago. The igo isnt bad i just dont like drips. I only use my drip to sample flavors now and days.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Ihybrid synthesis with dual or "U" wick and dual 4/5 wrap 30ga coils. On my GP Paps Lux this setup hits like a freight train and vapes like a steam engine.
    evgeny131 likes this.

Senior Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I didn't think I would be a fan of dripping either. I used to carry something with a tank for work but I gave this a chance a couple weeks ago and I'm glad I did. I can't say I use it exclusively but it's what I'm constantly reaching for.

I was the same way then I got an RBA and dear god I wont go back to anything but now.

Senior Member ECF Veteran Glock Rock's Avatar

I'm a big fan of the Vision Eternity. It's one of the cheaper RDAs out there at about $30, but it's of good quality. Holds an insane amount of liquid for an RDA. It doesn't require any tools to assemble. But it has a long way to travel so the vape is pretty cool, which is the entire reason I got it. I'm a freak and I like a cooler vape. So if you're a weirdo like me and like a cooler vape, then 1.7Ω at around 4.8v - 5v is a perfect vape on this thing.

If I had a working camera, I'd post a pic of my setup but I sort of dropped my camera in the sink

OG Micro Coiler Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Default Favorite Coil setup + Favorite RBA/RDA

This is my favorite:
    30 ga Kanthal A1 wrapped around a 16ga blunt tip luer lock needle then attached to the atomizer, slide out the needle, slide in a wick of rolled cotton and squeeze the onboard bottle to drip from the bottom (thru that little hole). The excess drains back into the onboard 6ml bottle.

Fresh squozen juice on demand.

The atomizer is a REO RM2 (yep, that's a ceramic floor ) and the squeezebox is REO grand. Really no other way to go if you like leak free, hassle free vaping, dripping, RBA's and pocketability
    Last edited by super_X_drifter; 07-04-2013 at 02:58 PM.
    octa, REOfanatic and Chiku like this.

VAPE IT LIKE YOU $TOLE IT AND WHEN IN DOUBT SQUONK https://www.youtube.com/user/sxmxdrifter

Super Member Verified Member curisu's Avatar

Right now, my favorite setup is nearly solid 500 mesh wick with a 4/5 wrap of 28g in my RSST. I have the air-hole bored to 1/16", but that maybe too large.

It currently lives on my nemesis mechanical, but reads 1 ohm flat on my provari.

cool to warm vape, good flavor. i can hold the button down as long as i like and it never burns the juice; good setup for me as i chain vape when i get the chance.

the 3/4 wrap was warmer, with a slightly stronger flavor profile, but it tended to burn the juice after 10s or so.

i have spools of 30g and 32g, so i may spend some time this weekend playing with fewer a 3/4 or even 2/3 wrap, but i'm really liking the sturdiness of the 28g.

honestly still experimenting and i haven't even changed the mesh grain yet. only variance so far is the tightness of the roll.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast