Best Place for SS Mesh?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Best Place for SS Mesh?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Best Place for SS Mesh?

Hello everyone.

I am about to get my first RBA (RSST), and I want to know where would be the best/cheapest place to get SS mesh.

Also, Iím planning to try the Wire Rope Wick like is listed on Wire Rope for Wick? and wanted to know what you thought of this for a noob.

I am also looking to buy a good mechanical mod to put it on. Which one would you suggest?
    I'm still waiting for the point when this starts to save me money. Until then, I'm getting more Dibi OliveR's!

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Planet of the Vape in Sac had some SS Mesh when I was there on July 5th. I don't think they are selling it yet, but you could probably ask to buy enough for your build.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

It's hard to beat eBay for wire & mesh.

PV Master ECF Veteran Heavyrocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FogHawg View Post
    It's hard to beat eBay for wire & mesh.
    Cable rope blows mesh right out off the water,its like apples and oranges.

DNA 20,Paps,Nemisis,Sentinal ,M16,Private,Vamo,Natural,Poldiac,Caravela,Trident,Kracken,RSST,KFL.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Thanks. I haven't tried cable yet, just answering the OP question. Is the cable tricky to set-up? Seems like there'd be gaps (mini hotspots) between the coil & the strands of cable? No?

The Shortest Straw Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

i get mesh at steam monkey or okcvapes.

Semovar - Provari - Roller - Poldiac - Megatron - Nemesis

PV Master ECF Veteran Heavyrocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FogHawg View Post
    Thanks. I haven't tried cable yet, just answering the OP question. Is the cable tricky to set-up? Seems like there'd be gaps (mini hotspots) between the coil & the strands of cable? No?

You just wrap a small piece of mesh at the top too smooth out the cable for wrapping,no hot spots.

Best Place for SS Mesh?-img_2018.jpg
    Last edited by Heavyrocker; 07-10-2013 at 04:47 AM.
    FogHawg likes this.

DNA 20,Paps,Nemisis,Sentinal ,M16,Private,Vamo,Natural,Poldiac,Caravela,Trident,Kracken,RSST,KFL.

REOnaughty Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I like this place for mesh The Mesh Co, at least it was when I used SS mesh. I bought 6 6"x12" sheets from them several months ago, I still have 5.5 sheets left, lol.

Cable was fun to experiment with but not a realistic all-day-every-day setup, imo. It retains so much heat and cooks juice faster than any other setup I've tried.

REO Grand - Paying Homage with my Ohmage

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Statistic View Post
    I like this place for mesh The Mesh Co, at least it was when I used SS mesh. I bought 6 6"x12" sheets from them several months ago, I still have 5.5 sheets left, lol.

Cable was fun to experiment with but not a realistic all-day-every-day setup, imo. It retains so much heat and cooks juice faster than any other setup I've tried.
    What about the ss mesh wire that one of the people made? They said it had all the properties of the wire, but would not heat up so bad.
    I'm still waiting for the point when this starts to save me money. Until then, I'm getting more Dibi OliveR's!

REOnaughty Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure what mesh wire you're referring to. If you're talking about the SS mesh tube wicks (several tiny tubes of ss mesh twisted together) that pdib was making they are (in my experience) very very very difficult and tedious to do without crushing them, your mileage may vary.

As far as I'm concerned conductive metal wick materials are... just not.. desireable, for any quality they exhibit. There are better performing, better tasting options. SS mesh was the original genesis style atty wick material (someone correct me if I'm wrong please). If I were offering guidance to a friend I would steer them away from SS altogether based on how finicky and frustrating it can be learning how to set it up right, and the "oh my gawd just kill me now" AWFUL THROAT BURNING dry hits you get if you burn them dry or a short develops mid tank (which will make the taste worse than awful even if the wick is saturated and can be difficult to identify on a wet wick)

Honestly, I would only recommend a new person to mess around learning to work with SS if they want to get all nostalgic and see for themselves what it was like in the early days before all of the (far superior) options we have now.

What kind of atomizer are building this wick/coil for? Sorry, just re-read your OP, I see you're getting an RSST.
    Last edited by Statistic; 07-10-2013 at 05:56 AM.

REO Grand - Paying Homage with my Ohmage

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast