Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Cyclone RDA Top Feed

Doc Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

28 can be done. will just require a few more wraps than the 30

Moved On Verified Member

so i just got the afc cap in the mail and damn is that thing sweet bored out the max a teeny bit farther out didnt sit totally next to the coil unless is raised it up above the posts :/ but some fiddling made it a beast

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Dang man! I assume you take lung-hits? I have one setup that I use a single wide hole on a 20/21 wrap of 26g. Enough for a quick pull and tons of vapor.

Dual wides that have been widened??!! Now you have me SUPER curious. Let me see the coil setup that is fueling those Big Bad Wolf lungs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Moved On Verified Member

Cyclone RDA Top Feed-coilbuild.jpg

lung hits for days man! 3 wraps of 28awg just a basic set up bout to get some 25awg and micro wrape 6wraps with a really small ID

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

That makes a lot more sense now! You're an animal! Join us on the dark side... Micro-coils are where it's at!

Just got my Cyclone + AFC .. using it on my EVIC at 11watts (Max power), 1 loop 3mm silica wick, 7 wraps of 0.29mm kanthal got around 1.7 ohms .. need to improve my microcoiling.. kinda hard to make them stick together XD
    Cyclone RDA Top Feed-sam_1455.jpgCyclone RDA Top Feed-1.jpg
    raqball likes this.

Moved On Verified Member

@xobe i already am a micro coiler. i was just really stoked to get play around so i threw this low ohm coil on just because i am impatient but i am currently making a dual micro coil on my nimbus. pics to come!!!

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by killua086 View Post
    Just got my Cyclone + AFC .. using it on my EVIC at 11watts (Max power), 1 loop 3mm silica wick, 7 wraps of 0.29mm kanthal got around 1.7 ohms .. need to improve my microcoiling.. kinda hard to make them stick together XD
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_1455.jpg 
Views:	506 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	235413Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	235414
    If you wrap it on a drill bit, then remove it from the bit and hit it with a torch or lighter until red, then pinch w/ your fingers or pliers to tighten, you should be good.

Since you are using a looped silica, once you make and mount the coil, fold your silica around a small piece of wire and tug it through the coil. Will give you a far cleaner coil.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran kas122461's Avatar

I just bought a bottom feed cyclone, I really did not know the difference, so what is the difference, just where the air hole is? I still have not used it yet, just reading up at the moment. I picked it up at Indy vaper shop, today when I was there, I was going to get a different dripper then this one, but I am glad I got it, I was surprised at how small it is. If had ordered the other one, I would not have it yet.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by kas122461 View Post
    I just bought a bottom feed cyclone, I really did not know the difference, so what is the difference, just where the air hole is? I still have not used it yet, just reading up at the moment. I picked it up at Indy vaper shop, today when I was there, I was going to get a different dripper then this one, but I am glad I got it, I was surprised at how small it is. If had ordered the other one, I would not have it yet.
    Top feed is generally used for dripping and the bottom feed is generally used on REO style mods..