Are micro coils that good?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Are micro coils that good?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Are micro coils that good?

I've been hearing some stuff about micro coils lately and I was wondering, why do you think micro coils better than other types of coils?

I haven't done the research on this, so please be kind.

Also, would this be usable with an RBA (not just an RDA)?
    I'm still waiting for the point when this starts to save me money. Until then, I'm getting more Dibi OliveR's!

Registered Supplier - Offline ECF Veteran pdib's Avatar

they do this . . . is why

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

The touching wraps and small bore means heat is conserved: adjacent wraps help heat up each other and hold that heat for a long time. Simply put, it uses heat very sufficiently and also provides a very smooth, even heating pattern.
    Randy C, pdib and Exile like this.
    Exclusive owner of clones
    I'm on tilt

Registered Supplier - Offline ECF Veteran pdib's Avatar

Furthermore, I'm given to understand that heat increases resistance, which, in turn, increases heat, which increases resistance, which increases heat . . . .
    super_X_drifter and jefsview like this.

ECF Veteran

micro coils are great, I've only done a couple so far, and the one I tried on an aga-t didn't turn out well, but I think that was due to my lack of skill. I just got a chimbus(nimbus clone) and I've got a micro running on it and it hits like my genesis, but with half the puff time, and brighter flavor. Check out this thread for some great ideas/tips http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...flavor-th.html

Also, if I ever make it to one of our vape meets, we can compare
    super_X_drifter and Exile like this.

Avid micro coil enthusiast. #adultslikeflavors

I'm really digging a microcoil in my ProTank rebuilds. It gives the same kind of resistance as you'd get in a stock setup, but with a massively better vape, more flavor, more vapor, more TH. I wrap the screwdriver head on my leatherman (about the same size as a jewelers screwdriver) 10 times around with 30ga and get about 1.8Ω, which lets me use it easily on any of my mods, but produces similar results to doing a subΩ on a mechanical.
    super_X_drifter and Statistic like this.

REOnaughty Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

You can roll up a micro coil for just about any atty. The micro coil thread is pretty big but you should skim through it. It is possible in a genny. Gdeal did one (yesterday?) in a genesis atty.

In my opinion they are best suited for a dripping atty, especially if it has a hole in the bottom by which fresh juice is delivered to the wick and coil.

The advantage is a magical secret that people take really good guesses at. It is undeniable though that they produce some incredible delicious vapor. They produce more vapor than a "normal" coil at equal resistance. Used in a regulated device you can get a super-low-resistance kind of vape from a coil that measures above 1.2ohm (lowest resistance most regulated devices will fire)
    Used in a mechanical device and you can get a vape that will knock your socks off at... less than 1.2ohm

edit - sorry for the redundancies.. I type slow
    Last edited by Statistic; 07-18-2013 at 06:49 AM.
    super_X_drifter and pdib like this.

REO Grand - Paying Homage with my Ohmage

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Made a few of these, they are just like sub ohm vaping its really a thing of beauty. I've made two nice ones, a 1.5 and 2 ohm on igo l they work great, the provari mini is seeing a lot more action now.
    super_X_drifter and Statistic like this.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Oh its totally possible in Genesis tanks. All of mine are rocking micros. Even the stubborn RSST that said no to ribbon has now been subdued.
    Exclusive owner of clones
    I'm on tilt

ECF Veteran

With that being said, what do you think would be the best wick for a micro coil in either an RSST type, or in a Protank?
    Statistic likes this.
    I'm still waiting for the point when this starts to save me money. Until then, I'm getting more Dibi OliveR's!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast