"The Russian" 91% (Kayfun Lite Clone With A Twist) - Page 82
Page 82 of 129 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Like Tree557Likes

Thread: "The Russian" 91% (Kayfun Lite Clone With A Twist)

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

You could check with Phiniac to see if they have or can make one. I asked about a glass/pyrex tank with threads several months ago
    on another forum and was told they don't make them. Not saying they don't exist but I have not seen one since then.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

You might be thinking of the 'kayfun M-Tank' which is plastic. There is threaded scientific glassware, but nothing for vaping that I've seen.
    Last edited by ElectricalSocket; 12-22-2013 at 02:58 AM.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I got a R91 v2 over the weekend from a CoOp. One difference from the v1 that I noticed is that the chimney is polished. The v1 and KFL+ chimneys have a brushed look, but the v2 chimney is much more shinny.
    ronpaek100 likes this.

Supporting Member

Has anyone experienced any DOA / Defects in the new Russian 91% v2?? I just received mine and tried put it on my WAE and it got half way and got stuck.. I was having problem with the threading I feel like the 510 connection was like a tad too big.. I'm very disappointed and not sure what to do.. I'm in a dilemma, I wanted it to work because I tested the device before attempting to attach it to my WAE and it didn't make any whistling sound. SIGH. I should have went with my gut instinct and just DOA it.. but I didn't want to because it took over 1+ month to come in stock again..

Also I'm not sure if this is just how the original russian 91% are but I know with the v2 version I got the drip tip adapter the space for where the drip tip seems just a tad too small, because it ended up ripping the O-ring from my high end drip vapelab drip tip, which fits on my KFL+

And I noticed my o-ring for where the chimney inserts into was damaged, and I notice it doesn't fit as snug as my KFL+, I feel like the o-ring in the Russian 91% feels like it's going to pop out no matter how well I push it down.

I feel like they rushed QC this time around because the production date / release day kept getting pushed back.

Does anyone have any feedback?

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaek100 View Post
    Has anyone experienced any DOA / Defects in the new Russian 91% v2?? I just received mine and tried put it on my WAE and it got half way and got stuck.. I was having problem with the threading I feel like the 510 connection was like a tad too big.. I'm very disappointed and not sure what to do.. I'm in a dilemma, I wanted it to work because I tested the device before attempting to attach it to my WAE and it didn't make any whistling sound. SIGH. I should have went with my gut instinct and just DOA it.. but I didn't want to because it took over 1+ month to come in stock again..

Also I'm not sure if this is just how the original russian 91% are but I know with the v2 version I got the drip tip adapter the space for where the drip tip seems just a tad too small, because it ended up ripping the O-ring from my high end drip vapelab drip tip, which fits on my KFL+

And I noticed my o-ring for where the chimney inserts into was damaged, and I notice it doesn't fit as snug as my KFL+, I feel like the o-ring in the Russian 91% feels like it's going to pop out no matter how well I push it down.

I feel like they rushed QC this time around because the production date / release day kept getting pushed back.

Does anyone have any feedback?
    Same here. Some drip tips don't fit. Chimney oring shredded. To prevent the chimney oring from shredding againg, I'm going to round out the sharp edges on the top metal section of the chimney. The KFL has a chamfer on its chimney so that it will slide into the oring smoothly.

Also I haven't had any threading issues yet. The 91 fits on everything I got so far.

Tapatalk
    Last edited by HandbananA; 12-23-2013 at 11:10 PM.
    ronpaek100 likes this.
    Persuasion-Coercion-Submission-Assimilation

Cigarette Free Since 9-16-2005

ECF Veteran

Sounds like they should have stayed with the R91% v.1,and left well enough alone.My R91% v.1 has no problems and is my only RTA in use.With all of the lengthy estimated delivery schedules with the v.1, it should have been left alone.
    lowboy, Izan and ronpaek100 like this.

ECF Veteran

My R91% v2 will not thread onto my HanaModz but it will thread onto my Provari, Nemesis and 2 other mods perfectly fine.

I got this thing specifically for my HanaModz ( Since my Hana is black the color combo looked awesome ) So now that it doesn't thread onto my Hana i might be getting rid of it.
    ronpaek100 likes this.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by maf2k8 View Post
    My R91% v2 will not thread onto my HanaModz but it will thread onto my Provari, Nemesis and 2 other mods perfectly fine.

I got this thing specifically for my HanaModz ( Since my Hana is black the color combo looked awesome ) So now that it doesn't thread onto my Hana i might be getting rid of it.
    That sucks bro.. I see were in the same boat and having the same problem, where did you order your russian 91% v2 from?

I got mine specifically for the Wizard Apprentice Evolved and it won't thread onto my device..

I wonder if this is a defect on only some of the v2 because of lack of quality control? or if that's just how it's made now..

I've seen people with Russian 91% v1's on the WAE and I'm pretty sure i've seen people with a russian 91% v1 on a hanamodz.

I wish I was smart like you and not have attempted to try to force the russian on my expensive mod.. I didn't think this would happen because I heard the russian was one of the better clones out there.. i'm trying to figure out a way to unscrew the russian off my WAE top cap without ruining my WAE top cap.. i'm so torn and upset.. sigh
    Last edited by ronpaek100; 12-24-2013 at 04:53 PM. Reason: added more

ECF Veteran

Saw in another thread some folks had success getting their 91's to thread after lightly going around the connector with 600 grit sandpaper. Just a thought, ymmv as always.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

The drip tip adapter is too small on my R91 v1 and v2 - I've shredded o-rings on my LokiLab drip tips. I also had to use sandpaper on the outside of my v2's 510 threads to get it to fit on many of my mods (perhaps that was my post in the CoOp you saw).

Nonetheless, I would order more R91s - I use the adjustable 510 center pin every day and my R91s are more versatile than my KFL+.
    ronpaek100 likes this.