Thread: Minor Leaking with kayfun lite

Default Minor Leaking with kayfun lite

i am thinking it is coming from the fill screw under the kayfun lite

anyone know how to fix this

i don't get any flooding threw the air hole though

Thanks for any comments back guys!

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

1) Try a spare screw (if yours came with one). I have one Kayfun where I tried 3 screws, and only 1 of the screws slowed it to a very slow seep but didn't stop it entirely.

2) Wrap your screw threads with a very small strip of plumber's tape after filling. Will definitely stop the seep, but you will need to do this every time you screw / unscrew the fill screw.

3) Use a tiny o-ring. Will stop the seep, but even the smallest of o-rings will not allow the screw to go in flush, so you will not be able to get the Kayfun to sit flush on a mod. And actually, it may sit a little cockeyed. I tried the little o-rings that are used to seal the fill screw on Kir Fanis trap / angel tanks, and these also: 002 Buna-N O-Ring, 70A Durometer, Black, 3/64" ID, 9/64" OD, 3/64" Width.
    Last edited by Ben C.; 09-10-2013 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben C. View Post
    1) Try a spare screw (if yours came with one). I have one Kayfun where I tried 3 screws, and only 1 of the screws slowed it to a very slow seep but didn't stop it entirely.

2) Wrap your screw threads with a very small strip of plumber's tape after filling. Will definitely stop the seep, but you will need to do this every time you screw / unscrew the fill screw.

3) Use a tiny o-ring. Will stop the seep, but even the smallest of o-rings will not allow the screw to go in flush, so you will not be able to get the Kayfun to sit flush on a mod. And actually, it may sit a little cockeyed. I tried the little o-rings that are used to seal the fill screw on Kir Fanis trap / angel tanks, and these also: 002 Buna-N O-Ring, 70A Durometer, Black, 3/64" ID, 9/64" OD, 3/64" Width.

Thanks Ben! For replying back can you give me a picture of what you do with the plumbers tape?

do I punch a hole in the plumbers tape with the screw and then screw it back on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Because I'm thinking if I wrap the threads of the screw with plumbers tape it's going to be to big and not going to screw back in

Sorry I am so stupid with this Ben

I appreciate you commenting back though Ben lol

Ben C. likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

My KFL came from SvoeMesto's shop. Came with no spare anything. My screw was leaking over time, so I put a small wrap of teflon tape around the screw threads. Hasn't leaked since.

Quote Originally Posted by finagle69 View Post
    My KFL came from SvoeMesto's shop. Came with no spare anything. My screw was leaking over time, so I put a small wrap of teflon tape around the screw threads. Hasn't leaked since.
    Do you have any pictures of what am I suppose to do with plumbers tape ? Thanks I would really appreciate it

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Minor Leaking with kayfun lite

I do not have a pic at the moment, but plumber's tape / Teflon tape is very, very thin and has no adhesive. Just cut off a teeny sliver and it will self-adhere to the threads of the screw as you place it on there. The screw will still go in no problem - as easily as without the tape. Let me know if you have any other q's - I'm on mobile at work so sorry if this wasn't exactly thorough

FWIW - when you pick up the tape and see it, I think it will all make sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben C. View Post
    I do not have a pic at the moment, but plumber's tape / Teflon tape is very, very thin and has no adhesive. Just cut off a teeny sliver and it will self-adhere to the threads of the screw as you place it on there. The screw will still go in no problem - as easily as without the tape. Let me know if you have any other q's - I'm on mobile at work so sorry if this wasn't exactly thorough

FWIW - when you pick up the tape and see it, I think it will all make sense!

Now ill just fill the classic way I guess lol

Tell me if I did right Ben c thanks dude! Hope this works

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

HAHA, please don't let a plumber see how you did that. Typically you sort of roll the screw onto a small strip of tape, whose width is the length of the threaded section of the screw. So, TINY for this application. But hey, if that works, then great!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast