Burning liquid with UD AGT Titanium. Help! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Burning liquid with UD AGT Titanium. Help!

Super Member Verified Member

I just recently got an AGT to sit on a 14500 mod and had a hell of a time getting it to work well. I managed a so-so 500 mesh based wick, but it took ages to work out the hot spots and hot legs and didn't wick very well without a lot of tilting. I tried a 7x7 SS "rope" wick and it vaped well, but wicked poorly. I've since changed to a cotton wick, which is the best as far as avoiding any hot areas, but find I have to title frequently to avoid dry burns, which doesn't bother be nearly as much as the mesh or ss rope performance.

This is only my second attempt at a geny based atty, but I've more or less come to the conclusion that a geny has gravity always working against it... nothing really seems to wick... just soak if you tilt. Maybe I'm wrong, but between this and my cobra, there's no way I could use these upright or even horizontal for the most part (unless I want to wait 1-2 mins between 3-5 second drags). I have an RRST on the way and if it performs more or less like what I've tried so far, I'll probably continue to treat my gennys as dripping attys where you have to tilt to re-soak a wick

Quote Originally Posted by folkphys View Post
    Here's my setup
    Looks classy. Is that the 14500 bagua clone?

Super Member ECF Veteran folkphys's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kemosabe View Post
    I wish. It's an "IAHABO" from KidneyPuncher. It's a decently functioning unit with a horrible bottom button/lock-ring assembly.
    Kemosabe likes this.

I wish. It's an "IAHABO" from KidneyPuncher. It's a decently functioning unit with a horrible bottom button/lock-ring assembly.
    Just checked KP. Man, that mod looks exactly like the bagua clone. I'm not sure if the clone has a spring switch or a magnet switch. That might be the difference, if there is one.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I have a BG clone, this atty looks great on top. Mine has a ss wick & performs great. I am thinking about trying to get a ceramic wick in there.... But looks like trouble to drill the wick hole out, or cut a very small ceramic wick. Here is my 1st 14500 mod, very stealth.
    Burning liquid with UD AGT Titanium.  Help!-bg_agt-titanium.jpg

Senior Member ECF Veteran pastubbs's Avatar

I find that I have to use a steel rope in the AGT in order to get it wicking good the hole is so small that any mesh rolled tight enough to fit just doesn't wick well and the coil gets hot giving me a hard burn.

Just checked KP. Man, that mod looks exactly like the bagua clone. I'm not sure if the clone has a spring switch or a magnet switch. That might be the difference, if there is one.
    Here's the BaGua clone its pretty much the same thing. It has the magnet switch I'm not sure about the "IAHABO" from KidneyPuncher. The BaGua clone is cheaper at VaportekUSA for $26 that is when they have them in stock. I had to get mine during the last pre-order they had. It said pre-order but it ship the same day I ordered it.

Kemosabe likes this.

what drip tip is that and does it come in stainless
    Quote Originally Posted by crss View Post
    I have a BG clone, this atty looks great on top. Mine has a ss wick & performs great. I am thinking about trying to get a ceramic wick in there.... But looks like trouble to drill the wick hole out, or cut a very small ceramic wick. Here is my 1st 14500 mod, very stealth.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BG_AGT-titanium.jpg 
Views:	468 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	256020

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

This drip tip fits like a glove & does come in ss. It is the Gemini by Atmistique. Mine is Delrin Gemini by Atmistique = Delrin Gemini by Atmistique - Atmistique - Drip Tips - Accessories
    Bagua clone = http://www.chinabuye.com/bagua-compa...e-battery-tube
    so my mod 20 bux, drip tip 10 bux & atty was 30 bux @ 101vape. I wanted a small mod & here it is.
    Last edited by crss; 09-28-2013 at 05:55 AM. Reason: links

oh THX I also bought mine to have a small mod I just wished I could find a 16-17mm RDA dripper for it
    Quote Originally Posted by crss View Post
    This drip tip fits like a glove & does come in ss. It is the Gemini by Atmistique. Mine is Delrin Gemini by Atmistique = Delrin Gemini by Atmistique - Atmistique - Drip Tips - Accessories
    Bagua clone = Bagua Compatible Automatic Electronic Cigarette Battery Tube
    so my mod 20 bux, drip tip 10 bux & atty was 30 bux @ 101vape. I wanted a small mod & here it is.
    Kemosabe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pastubbs View Post
    I find that I have to use a steel rope in the AGT in order to get it wicking good the hole is so small that any mesh rolled tight enough to fit just doesn't wick well and the coil gets hot giving me a hard burn.

Here's the BaGua clone its pretty much the same thing. It has the magnet switch I'm not sure about the "IAHABO" from KidneyPuncher. The BaGua clone is cheaper at VaportekUSA for $26 that is when they have them in stock. I had to get mine during the last pre-order they had. It said pre-order but it ship the same day I ordered it.

I'm still struggling with my agt to get it to wick correctly. I've got 1/16 steel rope in there with some 500 mesh up top. Got a 4/5 wrap of 28g kanthal. But one wrap might be loose, instead of poor wicking like I originally suspected. That would explain bad flavor.

But anyway, chinabuye has the 14500 bagua clone for less than $20. And fasttech has the clone of the provari-styled drip tip mentioned above for like two bucks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast