Burning liquid with UD AGT Titanium. Help! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Burning liquid with UD AGT Titanium. Help!

Quote Originally Posted by pastubbs View Post
    oh THX I also bought mine to have a small mod I just wished I could find a 16-17mm RDA dripper for it
    Try the dream dripper. It's all SS and it's at discount vapers. I have one and it's beastly. As long as you manage that coil right were you want it, this atty delivers. It's about 16.5mm using my ruler. Here it is on my chi you clone but it looks better on my kts telescopic. I suspect it to look fantastic on the bagua.

Last edited by Kemosabe; 09-30-2013 at 11:31 PM.
    shroom likes this.

I find that I have to use a steel rope in the AGT in order to get it wicking good the hole is so small that any mesh rolled tight enough to fit just doesn't wick well and the coil gets hot giving me a hard burn.

Here's the BaGua clone its pretty much the same thing. It has the magnet switch I'm not sure about the "IAHABO" from KidneyPuncher. The BaGua clone is cheaper at VaportekUSA for $26 that is when they have them in stock. I had to get mine during the last pre-order they had. It said pre-order but it ship the same day I ordered it.

Forgot to mention. I used the fill hole for the wick because it fit the 1/16 rope like a glove. Maybe I should use the wick hole to allow more air and perhaps better wicking, because it's slightly larger. I'm guessing you used the wick hole? Which size rope did you use?

Senior Member ECF Veteran pastubbs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kemosabe View Post
    Forgot to mention. I used the fill hole for the wick because it fit the 1/16 rope like a glove. Maybe I should use the wick hole to allow more air and perhaps better wicking, because it's slightly larger. I'm guessing you used the wick hole? Which size rope did you use?
    You know what I don't even know I was at one of my local vape shops and we just tried different sizes to see which fits best but I did use my calibers and it comes out to about 1/16 it really depends on what part I measure. I use the standard fill hole it leave a bit of a gap but the mesh on the top of the cable catches it. To be honest I'm more of a dripper guy so I'm not that good at building Gennys its mostly trail and error[mostly error] for me. But every now and then I luck up and build an amazing setup like this one.
    Kemosabe likes this.

You know what I don't even know I was at one of my local vape shops and we just tried different sizes to see which fits best but I did use my calibers and it comes out to about 1/16 it really depends on what part I measure. I use the standard fill hole it leave a bit of a gap but the mesh on the top of the cable catches it. To be honest I'm more of a dripper guy so I'm not that good at building Gennys its mostly trail and error[mostly error] for me. But every now and then I luck up and build an amazing setup like this one.
    good to hear that youve had luck with the AGT. ive had great luck with gennys- once i put the time in. this one was my fourth or fifth genny so i think what happened was i got cocky and rushed the build. i gotta go back and be meticulous. im *almost* satisfied with this genny so far. the fact that you got it going nicely lets me know that im not doomed. im gonna use the standard wick hole like you instead of the fill hole. and maybe even a bit more mesh. i only have 1 revolution on my current build. cheers.

Just wanted to report that I've got my agt up and running smashingly. Got the 1/16" wire rope in the wick hole rather than the fill hole, added more mesh up top, and did a three wrap of 32g kanthal for 1.2 ohms. Wicks great now.
    vapspaz likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Success! I got my new 325 SS Mesh and gave this another shot. wrapped a hollow core wick with 32 gauge kanthal at 1.7 ohms(5 wraps around the wick), and it vapes great. It still wicked too slow to hit more than once every 10 seconds, so I took the fill screw out, and can chain vape on it without it burning now. Has anyone had success with any type of wicks with the fill screw left in?
    Kemosabe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by specter9mm View Post
    Success! I got my new 325 SS Mesh and gave this another shot. wrapped a hollow core wick with 32 gauge kanthal at 1.7 ohms(5 wraps around the wick), and it vapes great. It still wicked too slow to hit more than once every 10 seconds, so I took the fill screw out, and can chain vape on it without it burning now. Has anyone had success with any type of wicks with the fill screw left in?
    glad to hear youre up and running smoothly.

i have completely abandoned the idea of leaving the fill screw in on any of my gennys. it would be great if a developer could find a way to allow air in the fill hole, but not eliquid out of it. of course it would probably cost a thousand dollars, and then i would complain about that lol.
    specter9mm likes this.

Supporting Member

glad to hear youre up and running smoothly.

i have completely abandoned the idea of leaving the fill screw in on any of my gennys. it would be great if a developer could find a way to allow air in the fill hole, but not eliquid out of it. of course it would probably cost a thousand dollars, and then i would complain about that lol.
    Good to know. I will probably leave the screw out then. I did get some airflow back through the hollow core of the wick, but not nearly enough to satisfy the draw.
    Kemosabe likes this.

Supporting Member

Forgot pictures.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Just wanted to report that I've got my agt up and running smashingly. Got the 1/16" wire rope in the wick hole rather than the fill hole, added more mesh up top, and did a three wrap of 32g kanthal for 1.2 ohms. Wicks great now.

That's great news Kemo! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one struggling with this Gennie. LOL I have tried every trick in the book but nothing is working so far. Because of the tiny diameter of the wick, it's hard to keep my Ω's up near the 1.8 to 2 Ω range. I have packed a 5/6 wrap in there with my .5 ribbon wire but even at that I am dropping down into the 1.1 Ω range which is way to hot for my Casa.

I've got to find me some 1/16" SS rope now. I've been using the 1/8" rope in my mini DiD D14 for nearly a year now and I don't use any thing else because the flavor is outstanding. I hope I can get this AGT-Ti working just as well so I can have a relatively inexpensive Gennie for Yaking, Fishing and Hunting.
    Kemosabe likes this.

Smoke free since Oct 8, 2010 thanks to ....

GP Paps v2.5 SS - Kayfun Lite plus - Provari Mini V2 - (2) MMVapors Mini DiD D14 - MMVapors DiD D20

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast