Burning liquid with UD AGT Titanium. Help! - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 38 of 38
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Burning liquid with UD AGT Titanium. Help!

  1. #31
    PV Master ECF Veteran Kemosabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Roe Dylin
    Posts
    5,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vapspaz View Post
    That's great news Kemo! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one struggling with this Gennie. LOL I have tried every trick in the book but nothing is working so far. Because of the tiny diameter of the wick, it's hard to keep my Ω's up near the 1.8 to 2 Ω range. I have packed a 5/6 wrap in there with my .5 ribbon wire but even at that I am dropping down into the 1.1 Ω range which is way to hot for my Casa.

    I've got to find me some 1/16" SS rope now. I've been using the 1/8" rope in my mini DiD D14 for nearly a year now and I don't use any thing else because the flavor is outstanding. I hope I can get this AGT-Ti working just as well so I can have a relatively inexpensive Gennie for Yaking, Fishing and Hunting.
    i got my 1/16" ss rope from Tractor Supply. i bought 1 foot of it and they even cut it up into a bunch of sections for me. i was going to buy the snips, but boom, didnt need em
    id dive straight for the rope for the AGT. beats rolling a super tight super small wick imo. of course youd have to leave the fill hole open, but my AGT doesnt leak so its all gravy. i think the small size of it lends itself to no leaks. less pressure from only 1ml of liquid, plus the fill hole being tiny aids in less leak possiblilty too.

    if youre looking for a bit higher resistance, you might consider the micro coil..

    right on with the yakking genny. im right there with ya. theres nothing like a great vape out on the water.

    i see you like BWB. 555Exotic is quite a tasty vape imo. malty toffee is another winner im sure youre familiar with.
    vapspaz likes this.


  2. #32
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    vapspaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    4,178

    Default

    Yep, I never plug my fill screw holes on any of my gennies. The main reason is because I'm lazy and it's to much of a hassle.

    I did try a micro coil using a cotton wick but that didn't work out to well. Nasty stuff it was. If the little 1/16" rope works as well as the 1/8" I'll be all over it. I was going to swing by HD or Lowes to check their stuff out but I remember some folks finding Galv rope that was labeled as stainless so I'm not to sure about that.

    And yepper.... I've been vaping only BWB for over 3 years now. I've tried every one they have or have had at least once over the years but Casa is what I vape 24/7/365. Love dat stuff.





    Kemosabe likes this.

    Smoke free since Oct 8, 2010 thanks to ....

    GP Paps v2.5 SS - Kayfun Lite plus - Provari Mini V2 - (2) MMVapors Mini DiD D14 - MMVapors DiD D20

  3. #33
    PV Master ECF Veteran Kemosabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Roe Dylin
    Posts
    5,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vapspaz View Post
    Yep, I never plug my fill screw holes on any of my gennies. The main reason is because I'm lazy and it's to much of a hassle.

    I did try a micro coil using a cotton wick but that didn't work out to well. Nasty stuff it was. If the little 1/16" rope works as well as the 1/8" I'll be all over it. I was going to swing by HD or Lowes to check their stuff out but I remember some folks finding Galv rope that was labeled as stainless so I'm not to sure about that.

    And yepper.... I've been vaping only BWB for over 3 years now. I've tried every one they have or have had at least once over the years but Casa is what I vape 24/7/365. Love dat stuff.





    those photos are great.
    my casa was allowed to get severely aged for some reason. not that i didnt like it, maybe i just had tons of liquid at that point. it was 24mg, but it was a dark maroon color for most of its life. it tasted great but i dont favor that flavor much anymore for some reason. maybe i'll revisit it some time because i remember liking it. quite a robust vape.

    bummer about the micro cotton genny fail. ive had that idea on my back burner for quite some time. still havent gotten around to doing it and now im not sure if i will. hmm

    when you check out the ss rope, look for a color difference between the ss and the galvanized. at Tractor Supply, there was a distinct color difference. i wouldnt put it past the Lowes workers/customers to get it physically all mixed up. the tractor supply guy was really helpful. even the guy at the register made sure i didnt get the galvanized- which kinda blew my mind. he asked what id be using it for, then i asked him if he was a vaper and he was not. he simply understood what i was using it for and gave me his 2 cents, which i appreciated of course. gotta be safe.

    thats a sweet lookin gun btw
    vapspaz likes this.


  4. #34
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    vapspaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    4,178

    Default

    Just checked our local Tractor Supply and they have it and are actually open till 8pm! Shaweet! AND they got hunting stuff to drool over too. LOL Thanks for the tip! Much better than the big box stores.

    Yeah, that's my TC Omega 50 cal. Took her to the range a month ago to check the scope and I put 3 shots in the red at 100 yards. Easiest "sight-in" I ever had.
    Just bought a new Leupold VX-3 with the CDS for my 30-06 and OH MY GOD is that thing amazing! I zeroed it in at 100 yrds and then cranked up the CDS turret to the #3 setting and put all 3 rounds in the red at 300 yrds. It is an amazing scope, by far the best I've ever owned. Now if I could just see a damn deer I'd be happy as a pig in you know what. LOL


    Has anyone ever done a micro coil on a SS meshed wire rope before? Does that work very well? Hmmm


    edit: Does anyone know the correct length for the wick in these AGT tanks? I noticed when I was building my rolled ss mesh wicks that it had to be well below the top of center post or it hits the top cap but I didn't take a measurement.
    Last edited by vapspaz; 10-15-2013 at 09:48 PM.
    Kemosabe likes this.

    Smoke free since Oct 8, 2010 thanks to ....

    GP Paps v2.5 SS - Kayfun Lite plus - Provari Mini V2 - (2) MMVapors Mini DiD D14 - MMVapors DiD D20

  5. #35
    PV Master ECF Veteran Kemosabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Roe Dylin
    Posts
    5,747

    Default

    glad to help.
    your scopes sound sick. nice shootin! ive fired my buddy's rifle a few times. i cant remember the specs on it but it was pretty damn fun, i can tell you that lol. tried some long range hits with his scope but i had a hard time keeping it steady. every breath i took slightly jarred the scope and messed up my shot.
    ive not tried a micro on a rope+mesh wick. i suspect it would work.
    i wish i could help on the length for the AGT wick. i dont have mine with me today. i made the same oversight as you when i went to TS. i had no measurements at all. didnt even have the genny. i dont know what i was thinking. i can tell you that the shortest one he cut was the best. around 1 inch long. personally, id err on the side of shortness. or just get a foot's worth and make all types of sizes. one thing ive noticed about the top cap is just like you say- itll hit the wick if the wick is even a hair too long. however, i have found that it doesnt short the coil even if it does touch the cap. maybe its becasue titanium has very low conductivity. maybe it was just the oxidized mesh that was touching my cap and not the rope. i dont know.

    Quote Originally Posted by vapspaz View Post
    Just checked our local Tractor Supply and they have it and are actually open till 8pm! Shaweet! AND they got hunting stuff to drool over too. LOL Thanks for the tip! Much better than the big box stores.

    Yeah, that's my TC Omega 50 cal. Took her to the range a month ago to check the scope and I put 3 shots in the red at 100 yards. Easiest "sight-in" I ever had.
    Just bought a new Leupold VX-3 with the CDS for my 30-06 and OH MY GOD is that thing amazing! I zeroed it in at 100 yrds and then cranked up the CDS turret to the #3 setting and put all 3 rounds in the red at 300 yrds. It is an amazing scope, by far the best I've ever owned. Now if I could just see a damn deer I'd be happy as a pig in you know what. LOL


    Has anyone ever done a micro coil on a SS meshed wire rope before? Does that work very well? Hmmm


    edit: Does anyone know the correct length for the wick in these AGT tanks? I noticed when I was building my rolled ss mesh wicks that it had to be well below the top of center post or it hits the top cap but I didn't take a measurement.
    vapspaz likes this.


  6. #36
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    vapspaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    4,178

    Default

    Well.... I snagged some 1/16" SS rope at the local TS last Tuesday afterwork and made a new mesh wrapped wick with a 6/7 32 ga kanthal coil. Yet another fail.
    Took me about an hour of messing with it to get all the coils to glow nice. Filled her up and!!! .... nope, still taste like camel snot. I'm gonna mess with it again some night when I have time but man, it shouldn't be this hard.

    What were they thinking when the put all the holes on top of each other like that. I mean damn, I have more room in my little D14 than this thing has. There is zero room for the wick to lean over towards the ground screw.

    It wouldn't be so bad if this was a $15 gennie clone or sumthin, but damn... at $42 I expected a fairly decent gennie.



    Edit: BTW if it helps anyone, the max wick length is 1.18" or 30mm
    Last edited by vapspaz; 10-17-2013 at 07:06 PM.
    Kemosabe likes this.

    Smoke free since Oct 8, 2010 thanks to ....

    GP Paps v2.5 SS - Kayfun Lite plus - Provari Mini V2 - (2) MMVapors Mini DiD D14 - MMVapors DiD D20

  7. #37
    PV Master ECF Veteran Kemosabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Roe Dylin
    Posts
    5,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vapspaz View Post
    Well.... I snagged some 1/16" SS rope at the local TS last Tuesday afterwork and made a new mesh wrapped wick with a 6/7 32 ga kanthal coil. Yet another fail.
    Took me about an hour of messing with it to get all the coils to glow nice. Filled her up and!!! .... nope, still taste like camel snot. I'm gonna mess with it again some night when I have time but man, it shouldn't be this hard.

    What were they thinking when the put all the holes on top of each other like that. I mean damn, I have more room in my little D14 than this thing has. There is zero room for the wick to lean over towards the ground screw.

    It wouldn't be so bad if this was a $15 gennie clone or sumthin, but damn... at $42 I expected a fairly decent gennie.



    Edit: BTW if it helps anyone, the max wick length is 1.18" or 30mm
    mine took a good chunk of time with the finagling of the coils as well. my biggest problem was nudging the coils in such a way that i didnt allow the bottom wrap to get close to the seal around the pos post. after i got that sorted out its been flavor country ever since. maybe your wire is too close to the seal like mine was.

    but yeah totaly agree in the hole placemnt fail. no need to have everything all on top of each other like that :/


  8. #38
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    vapspaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    4,178

    Default

    Yeah, I had taken note of that center seal as well next to the bottom coil but maybe in my fustration when I beat the living dog snot ummm... errr.. I mean nudged it down carefully, it might have been to close again.


    Anyone know someone that does good drywall repair?
    Kemosabe likes this.

    Smoke free since Oct 8, 2010 thanks to ....

    GP Paps v2.5 SS - Kayfun Lite plus - Provari Mini V2 - (2) MMVapors Mini DiD D14 - MMVapors DiD D20

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Tags for this Thread