Fogger v2 performance upgrades - Page 11
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: Fogger v2 performance upgrades

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Well, I setup my Fogger v3 again tonight. I used 32 gauge wire, 4/5 wraps on a 1.5 mm precision screwdriver.. came to 1.5 ohms. I used the cotton yarn in that zig zag s pattern, kind of taking it to the juice holes than back to the screws then back to the juice holes...cut basically even with the glass, which as you guys know it's pretty much nothing...fuzz poking out. Primed the wick with some el cheapo juice because I didn't know if it was going to leak again like last night when I literally watched the whole tank drain it in a few seconds....crazy.

Anyway, filled the tank with the AFC open, cap off, just squeezed the juice in the glass while the top was off, removed the fill screw, popped on the cap, replaced full screw and no leaks!

It's such a teeny tiny coil... 4 wraps 32 gauge @ 1.5 ohm.... gets hot instantly on my evic at 11 watts (v4.06).... took a vape, worked great. Insane vapor - INSANE.

Had a little problem with the cotton NOT wicking at first, opened the juice flow control a little bit, saw some bubbles, finally wicked correctly, went through the whole tank...no leaks, had gurgle a little here and there, but a few long vapes seemed to dry the wick up and gurgle stopped.

The way I have the cotton in there, the cotton is running through the horizontal coil, AND touching each side of the coil with the cotton zigzag inside the chamber. I guess lots of surface contact even though it's small... The vapor is crazy..... when I test fired it without the cotton, it glows bright BRIGHT red...I mean bright.

Thanks for the pictures.

Sent using my typewriter
    Last edited by Phone Guy; 11-25-2013 at 04:15 AM.
    Fullknight likes this.
    Please hit LIKE if that was Helpful, Informative or Amusing
    MODS: Wizard's Apprentice Evolved II/SvoeMesto Semovar SMv3/Futura DNA20/Nemesis
    ATTYS: Erlkönigin/Taifun GT/Kayfun 3.1ES & KFL+/Aqua/R91%v2

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

If you haven't tried a vertical 28g 1.5mm nano in the fogger you don't know what your missing. Pack around the coil with hemp fiber or cotton. I have three foggers set up this way after removing the center tube and silicon grommet.

Full Member Verified Member

I have no problem mounting the coil but every time ive tried this it leaks through the airflow holes. How do you fill yours?
    Quote Originally Posted by BJ43 View Post
    If you haven't tried a vertical 28g 1.5mm nano in the fogger you don't know what your missing. Pack around the coil with hemp fiber or cotton. I have three foggers set up this way after removing the center tube and silicon grommet.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjay16 View Post
    I have no problem mounting the coil but every time ive tried this it leaks through the airflow holes. How do you fill yours?
    If you have cut the air tube off and removed the silicon grommet you can press the coil down tight an the base, (making sure the bottom of the coil is the neg leg so when pressed on the base it is a common neg and won't short). I then pack hemp fiber all around the coil. I pack it tight around the bottom of the coil to prevent leaks thru the air hole. I fill all the area around the coil up to the top of the coil fairly tight. I wet the hemp with juice and test before assembling. It takes over an hour for the hemp to swell. After the first tank I take the chimney cap off and pack it some more, it is then good for a week to 10 days. My coils are all in their second month of use. Every week remove the old hemp, dry burn the coil and put in new hemp.

Full Member Verified Member Bgolden84's Avatar

I've put my fogger in retirement until my magneto gets here. It's a juice hog like a mofo. I've been using carto tanks for so long I'm spoiled. But it is fun to build the different coils and see what changes. I've also got a Nimbus on the way

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Don't think I shared the dry burn 'flashlight' video... still throwing my vote to Contact/micro and cotton. Refilling can be rushed by blowing a strong short burst into the tank, you can see the air push out of the wick holes into the tank.

Fullknight and Phone Guy like this.

Starting over October 2012
    How to make a Carto friendly Drip Tip

PV Master* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Here is the best upgrade you can make to the fogger....at Fast Tech $20

Burnie and DrMA like this.
    3D CAD Models Created Using Autodesk Inventor
    About fuses and choosing the appropriate fuse for your mod

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Is the taifun just as finicky with its wicks as the Fogger? Or is building it more forgiving?

My Fogger has issues with wicks most every build. I've gotten lucky a few times, but I cannot sit down and replicate the success of a correct wicking non leaking build with confidence.

Sent using my typewriter
    Please hit LIKE if that was Helpful, Informative or Amusing
    MODS: Wizard's Apprentice Evolved II/SvoeMesto Semovar SMv3/Futura DNA20/Nemesis
    ATTYS: Erlkönigin/Taifun GT/Kayfun 3.1ES & KFL+/Aqua/R91%v2

PV Master* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Phone Guy View Post
    Is the taifun just as finicky with its wicks as the Fogger? Or is building it more forgiving?

My Fogger has issues with wicks most every build. I've gotten lucky a few times, but I cannot sit down and replicate the success of a correct wicking non leaking build with confidence.

Sent using my typewriter
    I think so, but it also probably depends on your wick type.
    3D CAD Models Created Using Autodesk Inventor
    About fuses and choosing the appropriate fuse for your mod

i tried everyway i cannot get the bottom of the atty out, how did you really get it out? did you use any tools?

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast