Fogger v2 performance upgrades - Page 2
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: Fogger v2 performance upgrades

I can't get mine apart. It's like they used thread lock on it or something!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Did all your fixes on mine, plus added little dental floss to the threads of the air control and now it holds its place.
    Very happy with this setup. 1.3ohm vertical 28g nano coil, hemp fiber wick. clic pic for video.

Full Member Verified Member

How wide is your coil? I cant get mine over 1.2 without it touching the top of the center post. Also can you show a pic from the top so we can see how you wicked it? mines just cotton wrapped around the coil atm tryna get a better wick for this vertical coil. Also how low is your coil to the insulator around the center post under the wick? im afraid of burning mine.

Quote Originally Posted by BJ43 View Post
    Did all your fixes on mine, plus added little dental floss to the threads of the air control and now it holds its place.
    Very happy with this setup. 1.3ohm vertical 28g nano coil, hemp fiber wick. clic pic for video.

hasrin.hb likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I wrap all my vertical coils on a 1.5mm drill bit. I can't measure how close it is at the bottom but it is pretty close. This stays so wet I don't think it will be a problem. I have put 40 ml thru it with one cleaning and dry burn at 30ml.

Next time I clean it and dry burn I will take a pic from the top without the filler. I am now using hemp fiber for filler.

Last edited by BJ43; 10-20-2013 at 08:17 PM.
    scote likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I installed the vertical coil set up in my Fogger also. Be aware that the diameter of the coil is going to be the air flow limitation of the devise. I prefer some restriction so a coil built on a 1/16 drill bit or an 18 gauge blunt needle works for me. I did open the lower chamber and drilled out their holes in the air tube with a 3/64 bit. It is still. Little tight so I may try a 1/16 drill in the air tube next. If it is still a tight draw, I will wrap a coil an an 18 gauge needle and still have the option to cut off the air tube entirely and open up the air holes under the air control ring. The is as staged approach rather than a full on attack.
    Last edited by Wmmeese; 10-21-2013 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Typo
    Retirement is a Blast for the first week.

@BJ43 thats not the hemp twine from hempuniverse right? where did you get hemp fiber from?

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Here are a few pics of my current coil. It is parallel 28g and running around .8 ohms. There are before and after dryburn pics and a good glow pic.

Starting over October 2012
    How to make a Carto friendly Drip Tip

ECF Veteran

arv that is a nice build. right now i got a figure 8 in mine. 30guage kanthal 3 wrap at 2Ω on 2mm ekowool. i also have 2mm juice wick on top. so far rocking out unmodified. i may play with your recommendations this weekend though if i feel up to it.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjay16 View Post
    @BJ43 thats not the hemp twine from hempuniverse right? where did you get hemp fiber from?
    100% Degummed Hemp Fiber

1kg Hemp fiber

God dam man, thats crazy. Thanks. Do you find after cutting/opening the airflow pin it leaks sometimes with a vertical wick? i havent been having much luck after opening the airflow.

Quote Originally Posted by BJ43 View Post
    100% Degummed Hemp Fiber

1kg Hemp fiber

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast