Thread: Stuck nut on positive post on AGA-T+, suggestions?

Default Stuck nut on positive post on AGA-T+, suggestions?

The title more or less says it all, I got an AGA-T+ from MyVaporStore today and what should be the center nut is stuck on the post and I am unable to get it off. I believe the threading is bad, and from what I've seen it probably won't be a surprise to some. I have tried taking pliers to it to unscrew it but the post will start to spin along with it. I then took a pair of tweezers to hold the bottom nut in an attempt to see if that would undo it and no go on that front either. Now that nut is stuck near the top of the post and I am unable to screw it down now either. It is well and truly stuck at this point.

Has anyone else had this issue before, and if you did what did you do to fix it? Thanks!

2. Advertisement
    Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

If you have a small butane torch you could try to heat the nut up (dont hold the torch on it for very long, you want to get the nut hot without heating the screw) then use the pliers again.
    Last edited by RWDY; 10-22-2013 at 02:33 AM. Reason: spelling

ECF Veteran

Posting a pic might help to come up with a solution if ^ doesn't work.

ECF Veteran

If the bottom nut will screw up you could push the post down enough to get a pair of pliers on each end.

Alright, so here's a picture. The bottom nut does screw up, but the problem is I think THAT one is too big, because it freely moves, regardless of me tightening or loosening it. I tried to push the pin down and use pliers on the other side but it doesn't come out enough for me to get a good enough grip on the pin. e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/attachment.php?s=848f34b22557894187c8118ce199c2aa&attachmentid=264508&d=1382410754" id="attachment264508" rel="Lightbox_11057368" >Stuck nut on positive post on AGA-T+, suggestions?-2013-10-21-20.54.52.jpg

ECF Veteran

If the top nut was to big also it could be crossed threaded. You might try to wiggle it from side to side with a pair of pliers which might jump the threads back into place. PM incoming.