AGA-T2 frustration - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: AGA-T2 frustration

Full Member Verified Member

Got my ribbon wire in. Got a new wick wrapped and holding steady at 1.3 ohms. It was much easier for me to get set up than the 32ga. So far I got a tank and a half down and just loaded up some Heather's heavenly tobacco 30/70. Flavor is really picking up as is the vapor. I also drilled out the air hole to 1/16. Not a big fan of that. I tend to like the tighter draw.

Then I went on a coiling binge. Rewrapped a coworkers protank withthe ribbon and 2mm silica and meshed and micro-coiled one of mine. Been a good day. To further add to my enjoyment of the day, my coworker is across the tent swearing up a storm trying to repeat what I did with another one of his coils lol.
    Krizzell likes this.

Ok the ribbon was working ok but now only seems to want to heat from the top down. Tried working it out with no luck and just ended up with a good bit of gunk buildup at the top of the wick. The other prob I'm running into at the moment is heatsinking. That's the reason I gotta pump up the watts to 8.5-9 the get the coil hot enough. I tried setting up the AGA-TD and even at 15 watts the coils wouldn't glow. I got some 3mm ekowool on the way to hopefully remedy both probs. I also drilled out the airhole to 1/16. Vapor didn't seem to change much and the flavor got reduced. I think I'll be buying another top cap soon lol.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I've gotta throw this link in, totally saved the genisis for me, its the autodripper setup with a couple twists.

Starting over October 2012
    How to make a Carto friendly Drip Tip

Super Member ECF Veteran Krizzell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Ok the ribbon was working ok but now only seems to want to heat from the top down. Tried working it out with no luck and just ended up with a good bit of gunk buildup at the top of the wick. The other prob I'm running into at the moment is heatsinking. That's the reason I gotta pump up the watts to 8.5-9 the get the coil hot enough. I tried setting up the AGA-TD and even at 15 watts the coils wouldn't glow. I got some 3mm ekowool on the way to hopefully remedy both probs. I also drilled out the airhole to 1/16. Vapor didn't seem to change much and the flavor got reduced. I think I'll be buying another top cap soon lol.
    Hate to say it buy you must have a short or hot spot at the top or something. Try to shorten the distance of the top leg what size ribbon wire are you using. I run .5x1 and it heats up like heck. This is 5wraps 1.4 ohms at 9.5 if you use a sweet juice it will gunk faster.

AGA-T2 frustration-2013-11-01-19.43.06.jpg

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

My first one was giving me a lot of trouble. Long story short, the wick was too long and the cap was hitting it and moving it enough to create a hotspot. Luck

Yea it's .5x1 and I tend to like sweet juice. The fact that it's gunking isn't really a concern it's just the fact that it only gunks up at the top that has me worried. I believe I've got a wayto correct the hot leg issue. Will experiment a bit and post my results.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12