Which Mech might be best for me? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Which Mech might be best for me?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by pdib View Post
    Just want to point out that AW 18650s are NOT 24Amp rated by default! The AW IMR 18650 1600mAh is 24 amp max continuous. The 2000mAh is only 10 amps. . . . . . . . . . . as you were
    Thanks!

So...the immediate conclusion is...wait...thinking out loud...I need to know what the max amperage of the Provari is, and if it's more than 10 amps, I need to "upgrade" from the AW IMR 18650's that I have, which are both 2000 mAh, and get a pair of 1600's. Sweet. If the Provari doesn't allow hitting even 10 amps, then I'm fine with what I have. Homework...gots me some homework to do at the Provapes website!

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by super_X_drifter View Post

This right here is the best setup available. The mech - a REO grand, and the RBA, a REO RM2 will take your vape beyond the level you seek. It is a juice feeder - you simply squeeze the bottle that is concealed inside the nearly indestructible body of the mod to deliver fresh squeezed juice on demand thru the RBA. It is highly pocketable and quite compact.

The RBA is essentially foolproof and versatile to accommodate many different configs. A basic micro coil like this will blow you away:

It is the end game vape combination.

Here's a short vid about the grand:
    REO grand - Getting Started Tutorial - YouTube

It runs on an AW IMR 18650

Here's a link to the forum here on ECF where you will find the most helpful people on ECF and even the maker of the mod / RBA is on there frequently.
    Reos Mods
    I've thought about going that route before, actually, and the REO does look like a rather viable option, if not the final word. All things considered, though, it's not the direction that I'm going to take immediately, since, for one, the REO Grand is outside of my current budget and I want to be able to get more out of what I already have. I cheap mech from Fasttech can get me there...though I recently revisisted nano-coils on my Provari, and that actually got me pretty close to where I want to be - and without any safety concerns that the Provari doesn't mitigate just by doing its thing.

I will definitely keep the REO in mind, though, for the future...it's not hard to see the obvious benefits!
    super_X_drifter likes this.

Registered Supplier - Offline ECF Veteran pdib's Avatar

the provari isn't going to put a dent in 10 amp batteries. Although I don't know it's exact amp limit; I'm pretty sure it's about half that.

So...the immediate conclusion is...wait...thinking out loud...I need to know what the max amperage of the Provari is, and if it's more than 10 amps, I need to "upgrade" from the AW IMR 18650's that I have, which are both 2000 mAh, and get a pair of 1600's. Sweet. If the Provari doesn't allow hitting even 10 amps, then I'm fine with what I have. Homework...gots me some homework to do at the Provapes website!
    Although. . . . . ↑ this and your original post don't really jive(?)
    Sed Contra likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I think it's 3.5 amps
    pdib and Sed Contra like this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by pdib View Post
    the provari isn't going to put a dent in 10 amp batteries. Although I don't know it's exact amp limit; I'm pretty sure it's about half that.

Although. . . . . ↑ this and your original post don't really jive(?)
    I'm confused...lol. In the above post I'm only referring to being fine with the batteries that I have if the 1600 mAH 18650's aren't going to give the Provari an increase.

I do have to say, though, that since going back to itty bitty micro-coils, I'm a lot more satisfied with the Provari, though. I was trying to wrap bigger diameter dual coils with thicker gauge wire, and it just wouldn't heat up fast enough - nano's work just fine, though. Somebody on Rip Trippers' FB group reminded me of that solution to the problem, and I've been pretty happy ever since. Now, it's not as responsive as .2 Ohms might be, but it's satisfying enough right now. Heck, I just wrapped a single 28 gauge Kanthal nano-coil measuring in at 1.7 Ohms in an A6 RDA with 1/16 air holes, and I'm happily vaping it at 4.8 volts on a Twist right now.

It seems that, if I'm going to use 28 gauge, I have to do nano's if I want any sort of timely response.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12