How does the plastic EHpro Kayfun tank section react to tank crackers?

Thread: How does the plastic EHpro Kayfun tank section react to tank crackers?

Full Member ECF Veteran unclerj's Avatar

Default How does the plastic EHpro Kayfun tank section react to tank crackers?

I just purchased a EHPro Kayfun Lite with the Melamine (tanks) and would like to know how they will react to E-Liquides like cinnamon, citrus and even Pluid?

And does anyone know where I could pick up Pyrex tanks that would fit?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I think all the quartz tanks are sold out.. I know one place that has them, j-vape's... I might get a couple of the nano kits, but $50 for a kit is crazy.. I kinda look at it..well.. I can buy a ehpro+a plastic nano tank for that.. I'm sure there will be cheaper options in the near future..probably closer than I think too..

I put some of suicide bunny's derailed into one of mine when I first received it.. I think it weakened the threads or something..not the typical cracks you get when plastic is cracking from leaching.. I just got hairline fractures above the threads of the bottom of the tank..no spider web pattern cracks appeared. I haven't used many other tank crackers in mine outside of that one instance.

The great thing about the ehpro..the chimney isn't too big for using a nano tank..the other clones I own, the chimney is too wide for a drip tip to fit over it..but if you get a pyrex nano kit, the nano chimney comes with it.

Full Member ECF Veteran YuckMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Also worry about pluid in your kayfun. It will swell your orings so much that you would have to replace them every couple of days.

If it cracks tanks then you're stuck using the metal section.

Full Member ECF Veteran unclerj's Avatar

Thanks all!

And like you have said, I can just use the SS section for tank crackers. But I do like to see how much liquid I have left to avoid dry hits which I hate.

I actually should have thought about the reaction that O-rings could have to Pluid!

I just might get one of the FT nano kits to use just for portability. As far as $50 for a nano kit with a quartz tank? I rather think not at this time.

All of that said, I am really enjoying the device as it is. Still have my PT for the tank crackers and I can afford to wait for the clone aftermarket to fill the need!

If you're worried about the plastic tank crackers, I'd go with a fogger V2 or V3. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Kayfuns, but I absolutely love my Fogger V2. Bit of a PITA to get the coil in there but once you do, you're good to go and a Pyrex tank to boot!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

For now, I have the M Tank on mine, and I just avoid the tank cracking juice. Everything else I have is glass, so it is not a big issue. I did look at the stuff from Kidney Puncher that someone linked above, but I have an issue paying more for that than I paid for the Kayfun in the first place. My guess would be, as with everything else, those prices will come down in time to something we can actually afford.

Become a Member of
    CASAA

11-22-12

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default my ehpro got blotchy

$30 here. Kayfun Quartz Glass NANO Kit - Vapor Solutions

my ehpro tank got blotchy on the inside from one of my juices but i switch flavors out almost daily so i`m not sure which one was the culprit. i took some super fine sandpaper and wrapped it around my pinky finger and rotated the plastic tank around the sandpaper and now its just like new. the juice never cracked the plastic it just etched it in a ugly blotchy pattern.
    Last edited by SmoKnoMoCigZ; 04-13-2014 at 06:31 PM. Reason: edit to add more info