Possible end to Kayfun style leaks and floods
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By ancientgeek
  • 1 Post By Mitey F

Thread: Possible end to Kayfun style leaks and floods

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Possible end to Kayfun style leaks and floods

I've read a lot of posts recounting leak and flooding events in Kayfun/Russian style atomizers. I have a KFL+, 2 Russian 91% and two KFL+ / Russin 91% Clones from FT. I noticed that the Original KFL+ had a slight bevel on the top of the chimney cap. This allow this piece ti smoothly slip into the top cap o-ring and ensure a good seal. None of my other Kayfun style atomizers had this bevel. It seemed like a good idea and it worked for the KFL+, so I slightly beveled the chimney top on all the others. Net result, not had a leak or flood in any of them since. Of course I do always check to make the top cap o-ring is in place before reassembly.
    Ease and horton like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Once the chimney is seated on/in the o-ring, it won't matter if there is a bevel or not. If all of your KF's were leaking and you beveled them and now they're not, I suspect something else is going on... There is no reason I can think of for this to be a cause/effect situation.
    Nomoreash likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

True, but the beveling does ease the wear and tear on that o-ring by not forcing the squared end into the o-ring. This is more of a preventative maintenance action.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I wonder if the bevel could prevent the o-ring from twisting?