So...What's the Skinny on Rebuildables? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: So...What's the Skinny on Rebuildables?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edyle View Post
    Do you start with a igo-l/w dripper or a kayfun rta
    Do you start with a bicycle or a motorbike.

Get the motobike, but you might as well pick up a bike to get your feet wet.
    Get the Kayfun, but you might as well pick up a dripper to practice on.

It's a lot easier to build, rebuild, change experiment on a dripper that opening up your tank all the time.
    Putting the right amount of wick for example, is something you learn from experience; if you change the wick once a week or month, it could take months to realise how much to put, but if you're experimenting on a dripper you figure out a few things fast.

And if budget is really tight then get the dripper first.
    lame analogy

I'd say a dripper is like a sport bike (like a Kawasaki Ninja), whereas the Kayfun if more like a BMW bike

dripper is for sub-ohm raging coils; kayfun is for puffin along

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SkvLTD View Post
    Huge personal advise- iTaste VV ver.3 battery is the cheapest and invaluable tool for RBAs since it comes with a built-in ohm checker. You wouldn't really run sub-ohm coils in a Kayfun, so this lil battery will suffice you plenty and usb passthrough it has is a huge help as well.
    OP already has a VAMO V5

Full Member ECF Veteran Softrockstarr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeadbeatJeff View Post
    feel ya; is where I was early last month

This forum is invaluable, also pbusardo and RIPTrippers on youtube. Kayfuns and dripping RDAs are easy.

Secret to Kayfun, IMO, is 30g kanthal microcoils between 1.0Ω and 2.0Ω, minimal wick, and enough distance from the air hole.

You'll NEVER go back to clearos once you get it, and getting it won't take long. Most RBAs/RDAs really only look proper on a mod though... you can get mini rebuildables for eGo, but have never tried em.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkvLTD View Post
    Huge personal advise- iTaste VV ver.3 battery is the cheapest and invaluable tool for RBAs since it comes with a built-in ohm checker. You wouldn't really run sub-ohm coils in a Kayfun, so this lil battery will suffice you plenty and usb passthrough it has is a huge help as well.
    I have a Vamo with a built in ohm checker, so I'm good on both of these fronts.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadbeatJeff View Post
    OP already has a VAMO V5
    Edit: Oops, didn't see that you already clarified this lol.
    Last edited by Softrockstarr; 04-23-2014 at 12:14 AM.

Blog Entries

I have a VAMO V5 as well, was my first "big" mod. And now that I'm running mechs... Holy flippin woah the VAMO towers over them. Like, the mech+rda+driptip = the height of just the VAMO (both using 18650s).

I stiil use the VAMO on my Kayfuns though. Good match.

Full Member ECF Veteran Softrockstarr's Avatar

Hey so update: I got my Kayfun today and I can't get anything to work. I started a new thread about it. Anyone know what could be the problem?

What Am I Doing Wrong?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234