Kayfun Cotton Micro Coil Dry/Burnt Hits Solved with Different Coil Gauge - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kayfun Cotton Micro Coil Dry/Burnt Hits Solved with Different Coil Gauge

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by joecil View Post
    I've been using nothing but 28 ga coils on 3/32" raps from .8 to 1.9 ohms with not a single wicking problem
    I'm going to try the 28G on 3/32". I just decided to try 5/64" since it's a popular size for 28G. Have you used 28G on 5/64"? If so, how do the 2 compare? That should be a nice big coil on 3/32".

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by magicmyst View Post
    My wraps were on a 3/32" drill bit- different than yours. Clearly builds do somehow affect performance after refilling. I ALWAYS had flavor issues after refilling (bottom or top) with the 30G build. Don't know why, but I did. The experience I've described here is accurate. Yours is a different experience with a different build. Congratulations.
    Correct, mine are 2.1mm while yours was 2.3mm.
    However, I must stress - the coil is NOT in the fill path and can only vaporize received e-liquid. If you are getting Dry hits the coil is NOT receiving e-liquid regardless of its size.

Are you experiencing this on Both the Kayfun and the R91?
    Smoke free since 08/06/12 for my loving Wife, our Children and Grand Children
    Someone has to pay the bills - lol

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crxess View Post
    Correct, mine are 2.1mm while yours was 2.3mm.
    However, I must stress - the coil is NOT in the fill path and can only vaporize received e-liquid. If you are getting Dry hits the coil is NOT receiving e-liquid regardless of its size.

Are you experiencing this on Both the Kayfun and the R91?
    Well, you can stress all you want, but the fact is that the problems with flavor after a refill on both the KFL+ and R91 are no more with the new build. Just because you can't explain something doesn't mean it's not so. Somehow the physics have changed and all is working fine, and that's good enough for me.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Well, you can stress all you want, but the fact is that the problems with flavor after a refill on both the KFL+ and R91 are no more with the new build. Just because you can't explain something doesn't mean it's not so. Somehow the physics have changed and all is working fine, and that's good enough for me.
    going from 6 wraps of 30g to 10 wraps of 28g is imo, a needed move. in micro coils 6 wraps is kind of low especially for a thin wire like 30g. 10 wraps gives you much more wick coverage and along with a thicker wire makes a world of difference. the heat produced by only 6 wraps of 30g is scalding compared to the 10 wraps of 28 where the wire hits the wick. now the heat your producing is so much more spread out with the 28g and your not drying out your wick. so yes your move to 28g has made your vape a lot better but in a sense its really not the wire but just the way you made your coil with the 30g. if you took that 30g and made lets say a 14 wrap with it(although the resistance would be too high) I bet your vape would not react like your 6 wrap of 30 did.
    magicmyst likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

/\ Makes sense to me.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

/\ Makes sense to me.
    besides being a better wire, better flavor, its a lot easier to work with imo.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

/\ Yep. Except sometimes getting under the posts. Ever try 28G on a 3/32" bit? Maybe 9 wraps for 1.5 ohms.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12