Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Another Kayfun question... vape seems too moist?

Full Member Verified Member

Default Another Kayfun question... vape seems too moist?

Hi guys

I finally got into a rebuildable with a Kayfun 3.1 clone. My initial setup was done for me by the store with a standard coil at 1.2 ohms. I had issues with dry hits on that build. I tried several times building a good 1.4 - 1.6 ohm micro coil cotton build. I struggled getting the higher resistance, at first, it seemed no matter how many wraps I was doing I was only getting .8 - 1 ohm. Finally I got it with like 9 or 10 wraps of 28 gauge kenthal.

Now, here's my question, the vape is not a huge cloud, but very dense. It feels too wet/moist. Is that just the way this tank is, or am I doing something wrong? I'm playing with the airflow and that seems to be helping. However, I like a tight draw, and it seems I have to open a lot of airflow to dry it up a bit. Having a hard time finding the right balance.

Actually, while typing this, I just opened up the airflow all the way and it still seems too moist. Maybe that's supposed to be a good thing? It definitely has a lot more flavor, I just worry about swallowing liquid. It does tend to phlem up in my throat.

Any advice?

I have a few 3.1 clones and love them. Getting the wick dialed in takes practice. I can recommend rip trippers chimney coil video for pointers. He shows how to coil and wick a regular microcoil and the chimney coil. It really helped me.
    Other than that, what ratio of juice are you running in your tank? And what voltage are you running at?

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

I used to get dry hits all the time with my Kayfuns here's a video that helped me if you follow it to a tee it should work like a charm did for Me
    Kayfun Lite Organic Cotton and Micro Coil Build - YouTube

Thanks. I'll check out those tips. Keep in mind though, my problem is no long with dry hits. It's the opposite. Wet hits now. Not gurgling or flooding, just wet vape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Full Member Verified Member Calla lily's Avatar

I'm having the same issue with too wet vape. The first build I did was perfect but everyone since has the same too moist problem. I have done both Ekowool and cotton. No flooding or leaks at all, more like liquid being sprayed in my mouth along with the vapor. I don't like that as it's irritating my throat some and I can't vape as long as I think the extra liquid is delivering too much nic. I'm already low nic, 3 mg in the Kayfun right now.

My too wet vape seems to have only been with a particular eliquid that was too thin. As I try different liquids, wicks, builds, it keeps getting better, but I haven't reached ideal yet. The 2 builds in the videos of the previous posts above have worked well. Next build I'm going to try rip trippers vertical chimney build.

What do you guys think of this build. I searched the net but haven't seen this type of build. I just did a 5/6 wrap, left a small gap, and another 5/6 wrap, then folded it over. 28 gauge kenthal. What I ended up with is a dual serial vertical coil at 1.8ohms. Could be neater, but first attempt. I'm gonna try it out and let you guys know how it goes. I might redo it before trying it to get it neater and closer to 1.5 ohm.

I fed a cotton wick through the bottom of the first coil, up and around, back down and out the bottom of the second coil. I vaped it, and it works, but still not so great. Vapor production and flavor is not where I want it. I took it apart after vaping it for a while to see how it is wicking, and the wick is soaked top to bottom. Put it back together, increased the voltage, vapor production is getting there, flavor is getting there, no dry hits. I'm starting to like it!

Anyone else tried a similar build?

Here's what it looks like with the wick

Full Member Verified Member Calla lily's Avatar

I haven't tried anything like that. I'm still trying to master a simple coil. My last one was working fine, except for the moistness, lots of vapor. But then it just stopped firing. My vamo would still read the ohm (1.7) but would shut off when I tried to fire it. So I guess there was a short somewhere. I took it apart and it looked fine, so I don't know. But built a new coil. This one doesn't have the wraps touching (unlike the last one), 30 ga, 5 or 6 wraps (can't remember), wrapped around a toothpick, reading 1.5 ohm, with cotton wick. Seems to be working good, less of the wetness, so we'll see how it is after a bit. I have a lite+ and after the first tank (which worked perfectly), I lost the o-ring that goes on the fill screw. I've been using it without the o-ring and it doesn't leak at all. Juice in there now is 50/50 and the first tank was 70/30 so I don't think it's a thinness issue. I'll just keep messing with it till I figure it out.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast